Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: Timothe Luwawu 

Post#21 » by H2tObes » Sat Apr 9, 2016 11:09 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Is Hezonja a decent comparison?

I like him way more than I liked Hezonja. But to be fair, I have seen plenty of Hezonja Barca games, while I only seen Luwawu's highlights. But he looks smoother, more explosive and far better defender. I think he can be a mix of Sefolosha and Fournier if that makes sense, very good defender, with some of primary ball handler skills.

Hezonja is very explosive and someone who projects to be an excellent defender.
toussaud
Junior
And1: 238

Post#22 » by toussaud » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:47 am

Lol at general green being "above Ave athlete "

Yes above Ave athletes can do this

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/17715957/video-gerald-green-with-pretty-much-the-nasiest-oop-youre-going-to-see

I can't believe he was drafted 12 years ago... Gerald green is not an above average athlete . There are a handful of people ever born and by handful I mean like maybe 10 total, that have Gerald greens pure athleticism

Vince carter
Tracy McGrady
Aaron Gordon
Zach lavine
Russell westbrook
James white
Michael Jordan

Are the only players I would put in his class that I have seen in my lifetime not even LeBron who is more just big and an athlete not the pure athlete that say Vince is

I get that Gerald green is a role player but it's not because of lack of athletic ability there are a handful of players in the league that have the god given tools he has
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#23 » by Gordon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:06 am

I like this guy a lot better than Furkan Korkmaz. He has good pshyical tools, can defend and shoot the ball. That will get him some court time early on, and he shows some promise making plays off the dribble too.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,810

Post#24 » by HotelVitale » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:05 pm

toussaud wrote: I get that Gerald green is a role player but it's not because of lack of athletic ability there are a handful of players in the league that have the god given tools he has

I was gonna say the same, Green's an ultra-elite athlete not just some solid good-not-great dude.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#25 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:21 pm

toussaud wrote:Lol at general green being "above Ave athlete "

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/17715957/video-gerald-green-with-pretty-much-the-nasiest-oop-youre-going-to-see

I can't believe he was drafted 12 years ago... Gerald green is not an above average athlete . There are a handful of people ever born and by handful I mean like maybe 10 total, that have Gerald greens pure athleticism

Vince carter
Tracy McGrady
Aaron Gordon
Zach lavine
Russell westbrook
James white
Michael Jordan

Are the only players I would put in his class that I have seen in my lifetime not even LeBron who is more just big and an athlete not the pure athlete that say Vince is

I get that Gerald green is a role player but it's not because of lack of athletic ability there are a handful of players in the league that have the god given tools he has

Seems like you're just going on who can dunk aesthetically, I mean how is LBJ not a supreme athlete and there are no bigs here??
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#26 » by pelifan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:22 pm

toussaud wrote:Lol at general green being "above Ave athlete "

Vince carter
Tracy McGrady
Aaron Gordon
Zach lavine
Russell westbrook
James white
Michael Jordan

Look up the video of Lebron jumping over Wesley Mathews. Lebron in 2009 was every bit that athlete. people seem to forget since he compromised some of his leaping ability to get to 270lbs.
Sky Bucks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,357

Post#27 » by Sky Bucks » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Timothe Luwawu is the guy I want the Bucks to draft if they are in the 7-10 range. As of right now, it seems like the Bucks are building around a positionless style of basketball aided by Giannis being at PG. I think they should continue this trend and become as long and intimidating as possible, and a guy like Luwawu could really complete this idea.

Luwawu possess enough lateral quickness IMO to be able to guard NBA 1s in his future if he hits his potential. He would be able to use his his above average 6-7 frame and freakishly long arms to wreak havoc on most of the point guards in the league. This idea is not that far out of thought either as he was often featured as the on ball defender for Mega Leks this year. He also seems to have a knack for steals as he averaged nearly 2/game. This would cause for an increase in fast break opportunities, and for the Bucks, that is how they are able to thrive with two of the best finishers around the rim in Giannis and Jabari.

His offensive game is more where the questions seem to come in, but he still has quite a bit of potential on that end too. Until this year Luwawu has not been a reliable or consistent 3 point shooter, but he has seen a recent spike in his 3 point production this year. While his shot may need to be fine tuned at the next level, he has consistently been able to make his 3s this year at 39% on roughly 5 attempts per game. While not great, if he were able to continue to improve his shot he could become quite the 3 and D guard/wing. Another of his areas where he will have to improve is his ball control because he had about an average of 3 turnovers a game to only 3 assists per game. This can be easily fixed once he gets to the next level as he will most likely not be the primary ball handler and as he matures, he should be able to become more aware of what to do with the ball in his hands.

All in all, Luwawu is very intriguing basketball player for teams to consider in the mid lottery this year, who has the potential to become this years steal of the draft but also very easily could be a flop. My bet is on the former and not the ladder which is why I want the Bucks to take him if he is on the board when their pick comes.
#Make'em Believe On Wisconsin
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#28 » by sweetcity » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Anyone has proof of this 7'2 wingspan?

Sounds like Masai Ujuri type lotto pick
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#29 » by RationalGaze » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:42 pm

sweetcity wrote:Anyone has proof of this 7'2 wingspan?

Draftexpress has been reporting it and they don't lie about a measurable that I know of.
coutournant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#30 » by coutournant » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:48 pm

His wingspan is around 7'0 for sure, but there is no official measurements. We'll see at the combine
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#31 » by sweetcity » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:22 pm

I've read 7'0 wingspan, which is above average, but not Kawhi like for his position.
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#32 » by Bakuto » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:07 am

I'd give a lot to ensure that he falls to 18...

I'm absolutely sold on the kid.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#33 » by GimmeDat » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:15 am

He's my guy if he falls to #14 for the Bulls.

I feel like he might be a late riser, though and find himself in the 5-10 range.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#34 » by doordoor123 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:56 pm

GimmeDat wrote:He's my guy if he falls to #14 for the Bulls.

I feel like he might be a late riser, though and find himself in the 5-10 range.

I have him 6 on my big board after Simmons, Ingram, Bender, Poeltl and Dunn.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#35 » by No-Man » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:37 pm

I need to re-think my board with all the guys that have declared but he is close top top5 status.
cellar-door
Starter
And1: 1,095

Post#36 » by cellar-door » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:14 pm

RationalGaze wrote:

Draftexpress has been reporting it and they don't lie about a measurable that I know of.

Where did you see that? On his prospect page they have his wingspan as 6'11"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Timothe-Luwawu-68219/ (first paragraph under strengths)
CunningLinguist
Rookie
And1: 190

Post#37 » by CunningLinguist » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:40 pm

cellar-door wrote:
RationalGaze wrote:

Where did you see that? On his prospect page they have his wingspan as 6'11"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Timothe-Luwawu-68219/ (first paragraph under strengths)

The video states his wingspan as 7'2"
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,615

Post#38 » by nomansland » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:06 pm

If Brown and Hield are gone, I bet Denver takes him at 7.
Nuggninja
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#39 » by Nuggninja » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:02 am

nomansland wrote:If Brown and Hield are gone, I bet Denver takes him at 7.

That would seem to be a huge reach based on every scouting report and mock draft I've read. I think they'd trade back if the guys the wanted weren't available.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#40 » by Catchall » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:32 am

I can see comparisons to Doug Christie and Thabo Sefalosha defensively, but he has a better jumper than both those two. I'd be surprised if he gets past the Jazz at 12.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft