Post#61 » by TheGoodDoctor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Here's hoping the Raps take him.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Timothe Luwawu 

Post#62 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:06 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
rick_21 wrote:I can see him becoming a usable two way player, but I don't get quite the hype as some of you that see him close to a top-5 prospect.

He has good physical profile, as he is big for a perimeter player, has long arms and good frame. However, when I have seen him, his athleticism has looked a bit underwhelming IMO. He is not overly quick and his explosiveness is certainly subpar.

Then, I'm not sold on his skill set. He scores at a high rate (19 pts/40 min PA) but he is very unefficient: 39% FG and you can clearly see that he has a lot of trouble finishing in the paint, mostly due to his average explosiveness and vertical agility, as I said, he seems to be long but not overly athletic in half court situations, phisically he looks like Tyreke Evans but lacks the creativity, craftiness and body control that allows Evans (or used to, before his injuries) to finish in the paint at a very good rate.

Another huge red flag that I see in Luwawu is that he tries to create a lot and run the offense through him, but he doesn't have the advanced handles or passing skills that he would need to create consistently, and also his average athleticism doesn't allow him to get into the paint and divide the defense regularly. The result is a negative assist to turnover ratio that does not look good to me for a player that is projected to be something more than a catch and shoot wing at the next level.

And lastly the defense. He has the tools to be a very good perimeter defender, I can see that, but he doesn't seem to be an aggresive type of defender and his fundamentals are not great. With a little bit of work, he will not be a defensive liability at all, but he's far away from being a lockdown defender even at Adriatic League level.

Yea, man.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGeX04wd5Q[/youtube]

Is MegaLeks an international AAU team? Just asking because the defense in that clip was reminiscent of the AAU.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#63 » by sipclip » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:37 am

Von Bismarck wrote:
MrTwister wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:nbadraft.net dropped him to #33 in their last Mock. Wanna know what it is that they're smoking.

I am not huge Givony and DX fan but what nbadraft.net does with some mocks are nothing short but terrible.Some measurements are off, especially for some euro players, Korkmaz is rated higher than Luwawu even though he doesn't have NBA ready body yet, some at least questionable 1st round picks(Diallo,Maker,Yabouselle), Zubac is going undrafted,Zizic late 2nd rounder.Probably some of these stuff gonna be corrected but still, doesn't change the fact that DX is vastly superior than any other draft/scouting website.

Draft.net is ridiculous, DX always has better mocks.

I mean, looking at this new draft.net mock, Zizic and Zubac are first rounders for sure. Korkmaz rated higher than Luwawu is nonsense. Sabonis at 7 :lol:

Neither site is any good for actually predicting a draft. Draftexpress is a complete joke right now with a guy like Demetrius Jackson slotted at 11 while they have a guy like Beasley at 29.
rick_21
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#64 » by rick_21 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:18 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
rick_21 wrote:I can see him becoming a usable two way player, but I don't get quite the hype as some of you that see him close to a top-5 prospect.

He has good physical profile, as he is big for a perimeter player, has long arms and good frame. However, when I have seen him, his athleticism has looked a bit underwhelming IMO. He is not overly quick and his explosiveness is certainly subpar.

Then, I'm not sold on his skill set. He scores at a high rate (19 pts/40 min PA) but he is very unefficient: 39% FG and you can clearly see that he has a lot of trouble finishing in the paint, mostly due to his average explosiveness and vertical agility, as I said, he seems to be long but not overly athletic in half court situations, phisically he looks like Tyreke Evans but lacks the creativity, craftiness and body control that allows Evans (or used to, before his injuries) to finish in the paint at a very good rate.

Another huge red flag that I see in Luwawu is that he tries to create a lot and run the offense through him, but he doesn't have the advanced handles or passing skills that he would need to create consistently, and also his average athleticism doesn't allow him to get into the paint and divide the defense regularly. The result is a negative assist to turnover ratio that does not look good to me for a player that is projected to be something more than a catch and shoot wing at the next level.

And lastly the defense. He has the tools to be a very good perimeter defender, I can see that, but he doesn't seem to be an aggresive type of defender and his fundamentals are not great. With a little bit of work, he will not be a defensive liability at all, but he's far away from being a lockdown defender even at Adriatic League level.

Yea, man.

I didn't explain my point clearly. I don't seny that he has some bounce. However he only displays it when he has an open lane and in transition, and he doesn't really show that athleticism in half court situations.

That is something you can see with some other prospects, that they can look very athletic when in transition but can jump a coin in half-court situations, because they need time/space to gather and are not good athletes from a standstill. For example, I've seen Denzel Valentine throw some impressive dunks in transition, but he's clearly a below average athlete in any other situation.

I see some of that in Luwawu, and there is no doubt that he has a lot of trouble finishing at the rim already playing against weak Adriatic League competition.
toussaud
Junior
And1: 238

Post#65 » by toussaud » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:01 am

Kits gonna come down to his wingspan

If it's 7'2 teams are gonna kill each other trying to get him he won't make it let 7 and could legit go top 5

If it's 6'11 I could see mid first round even Late first?
Can you imagine the possibilities ofa 6'7 guy with a 7'2 wingspan that can guard point guards?

If ijm in the West I take him to guard harden curry Russell dame cj and lavibe alone

Yeah if he has a 7'2 wingspan late lotto is a pipe dream
To the guy earlier I've watched LBJ play since he was an Oakland soldier and no one knew who he was. I saw him decimate a 17 and under team (with my cousin on it lol) in the 10th grade. He's not in the same level athletic as Gerald green

There are 3 athletes I have seen live In my life and walked away questioning if they are actually homo sapiens lol

Tracy mcgrady - saw him dunk from the free throw line.. In a warm up..in high school.not even really trying. Like that's just where be took off from. He's so athletic he doesn't even get why this is difficult lol. I don't think anyone in the history of basketball gets as much separation in their fade away it's literally unguardable? I knew then yeah this dude is an NBA player right now lol

Tyson Chandler - he's 7'1 and used to do wind sprints with guards a foot smaller than him. And beat them. Most athletic / coordinated seven footer I've ever seen

Gerald green- no one really knew who he was he just exploded on the scene. In an AAU game against future nva player Ronnie Brewer who was a good defender back then, Ronnie could not do anything with him and Ronnie is an above avg Athlete whose dad played in the NBA blowing by him, shooting over him. But one play that I will never forget they are both running down court, some dudes throws the worst alley ever 1. Ronnie was running stridebfor stride with him and 2. It was backboard top of the box high

So they bithyjump and they are even then green just like ours in these jet packs and reached a level you are not supposed to be able to as a human lol catches it with two hands and I don't mean he got his hands on it lol I mean he caught the **** ball above the box with two hands mid flight and throws it down on him and I'm pretty sure he was younger. I mean at the time no one knew who he was. The fact that he really has not played basketball all that long, since high school basically and is toying with future NBA p!Ayers shows the Athlete he is

As skilled as he is consider he didn't start to really play until! He was a junior In high school
coutournant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#66 » by coutournant » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:34 am

rick_21 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yea, man.

I didn't explain my point clearly. I don't seny that he has some bounce. However he only displays it when he has an open lane and in transition, and he doesn't really show that athleticism in half court situations.

That is something you can see with some other prospects, that they can look very athletic when in transition but can jump a coin in half-court situations, because they need time/space to gather and are not good athletes from a standstill. For example, I've seen Denzel Valentine throw some impressive dunks in transition, but he's clearly a below average athlete in any other situation.

I see some of that in Luwawu, and there is no doubt that he has a lot of trouble finishing at the rim already playing against weak Adriatic League competition.

I can get what you explain, but it's an area where Luwawu has improved a lot this year. He still can improve but not many wing are able to finish strong in traffic in half court situations even in NBA, so I don't think it's a huge red flag.
Otherwise you say Luwawu is not overly quick and I totally disagree. He's the quickest wing player I've ever seen from France, he's a lot quicker than Batum, Fournier or Mickael Pietrus at the same age, as far as I remember. His first step and body control are amazing.
Another thing I disagree is to say Adriatic league level is weak. It's a good league with european clubs as Red Star, Cedevita. A lot of NBA prospects has emerged from this league last years.
504ByrdGang
Junior
And1: 252

Post#67 » by 504ByrdGang » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:09 pm

coutournant wrote:
rick_21 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Yea, man.

I can get what you explain, but it's an area where Luwawu has improved a lot this year. He still can improve but not many wing are able to finish strong in traffic in half court situations even in NBA, so I don't think it's a huge red flag.
Otherwise you say Luwawu is not overly quick and I totally disagree. He's the quickest wing player I've ever seen from France, he's a lot quicker than Batum, Fournier or Mickael Pietrus at the same age, as far as I remember. His first step and body control are amazing.
Another thing I disagree is to say Adriatic league level is weak. It's a good league with european clubs as Red Star, Cedevita. A lot of NBA prospects has emerged from this league last years.

Its funny they call the Adriatic league weak as if the NCAA is some strong competition. The Adriatic is much more competitive than the NCAA
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#68 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:30 pm

The NCAA's level this year was abysmal and way below Adriatic league level of competition.
PickMeUpASixer
Junior
And1: 93

Post#69 » by PickMeUpASixer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Going to come down to workouts for him. A strong workout combined with an excellent physical profile is going to have him in the lotto. A weaker workout (poor shooting/ball handling/competitiveness) and he'll be in the back end of the 1st IMO.

I could see a GM kicking himself over passing on PG or Giannis, looking at his wingspan and pulling the trigger a little early. However, if I'm looking for a guard with a crazy wingspan, to guard 1s and 2s and hit some shots, I'm taking Wade Baldwin.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#70 » by guille_4 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:43 pm

I really like him.

Last year I really liked Stanley Johnson, Devon Booker and Myles Turner and this year he's my favorite player in the 8-30th range.

I think he's a great prospect and can become a very solid player. I don't think he has star potential but he can be a very solid starter.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,536

Post#71 » by jpengland » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:53 am

I'd reach for him from 10 tbh. Long, athletic and seems like a smart kid.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#72 » by har13 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:09 am

Von Bismarck wrote:
MalonesElbows wrote:Just another older euro who isn't even good in the weak Adriatic league. Hype on.

Weak compared to what, NBA? Yeah, any league is weak compared to NBA. But, I need to tell you that the ABA league is TOP 5 in Europe, so no, it's not weak. Besides that, ABA gave many NBA players, good and even great ones.

But, to be honest, Luwawu is French product, he only played in ABA for 1 year and it'd be unfair to say he's ABA's product.

That being said, I think Luwawu will be mid/late lottery pick. Somewhere between 8 and 12.

former Yogaslavia produce the best young players in Europe,of course you can find great talent in Adriatic league but i honest believe is weak :oops: :D.
even if you believe is Top 5(better than spanish,Russian,turkish,greek,italian?)you know this is not something special :(,Is just 2,3 good teams in every league(except Spanish maybe) the others i think are worst than Ncaa team.
Mvp of Adriatic league is a player i don't even want him in my team :P
I 'm not speaking about Luwawu , i ve never watch him(i didn't even know the team he is playing, Mega leks :oops: 8-) )and i m NOT a basketball expert , just my opinion.
sorry for my english
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#73 » by GimmeDat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:32 am

He's my guy. I don't think the Bulls are interested at 14, but they should be imo. I get the counter-hype, but I'm going to go with my gut and say this guy succeeds.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#74 » by EMG518 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:41 am

Was high on him but have soured a bit as time has passed. I don't think he has the upside many project. I think he winds up being a role player.
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#75 » by Von Bismarck » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:49 pm

har13 wrote:former Yogaslavia produce the best young players in Europe,of course you can find great talent in Adriatic league but i honest believe is weak :oops: :D.
even if you believe is Top 5(better than spanish,Russian,turkish,greek,italian?)you know this is not something special :(,Is just 2,3 good teams in every league(except Spanish maybe) the others i think are worst than Ncaa team.
Mvp of Adriatic league is a player i don't even want him in my team :P
I 'm not speaking about Luwawu , i ve never watch him(i didn't even know the team he is playing, Mega leks :oops: 8-) )and i m NOT a basketball expert , just my opinion.
sorry for my english

I agree about former Yugoslavia.

I believe it's 5th strongest domestic league in Europe after Spanish, Greek, Turkish and VTB league. Let's say ABA and German league hold that 5th spot together.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 700

Post#76 » by RollingWave » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:55 pm

He feels too much like French Jeremy Lamb for me, but really Lamb just a little more consistent and better defensively would be good.

Frankly in this draft, taking him anywhere from 15-45 isn't crazy
The river of time wash away all heroes
orlandomanic
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Post#77 » by orlandomanic » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:11 pm

They said that Luwawu is in the same mold as Thabo and Batum, which would be a pretty valuable player to have now a days in the NBA
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#78 » by realEAST » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:42 pm

I think at worst he is a very good 3&D guy, who if develops handles could be good creator off dribble for himself and teammates, and as such a very good wing.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#79 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:24 pm

I still like Luwawu. Anyone with a team in the lotto that wants their team to draft him? Seems like at the least he will be a nice 3 & D guy

Return to NBA Draft