doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Omer Yurtseven (2017 draft) scores 91 pts 

Post#21 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:58 am

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
Wow man he must be really bad, you sound like hes the worst player in the world , yet hes able to drop 30 points to carry his team win over a very good Clemson , you think hes not athletic isnt agile and slow footed thats why he cant be succesful at the next level, but your number 1 pick in the draft is Luka Doncic pretty interesting my friend :roll: And Luka is a SF a position where he needs more athleticism to be succesful than a Center.

Luka Doncic will be fine, Center is a different position and Doncic is underrated as an athlete.

I do think I’m being a little harsh on Yurtseven, he’s not that bad. Offensively he clearly has ability and a team like the Rockets or Warriors would probably make use of him.

Yes you were just a little harsh on him.

Hes 7 footer - " Lenght will be a problem for him "
He didnt play at all last year - " Theres a reason he wasnt draftable last year "
5-6 from 3, rest of the his points hook shots far away from the baseline and mid range jumpers " Dominating mismatches "
7 footer that shoot from the 3 and block shots "Useless G-league talent "

Ohh and "its just college 3 pt line" where %90 of the NBA prospects plays, You are right Center is a different position from SF/SG you need more athleticism to play SF/SG in the NBA, and if you think Doncic has athleticism close to NBA SF/SG's please quit watching basketball , and since you think that as you said many times before, " you cant be succesful at the next level without ahtleticism" dont get me wrong i think Doncic is a pretty good player, you are the one who says that.

You are clearly one of those European guys that hate on every Turkish prospect without a reason and Praising every other European prospects

Lol what? I like Enes Kanter. But in general I don’t like Turkish prospects because none of them have great fluidity. Cedi Osman is pretty solid. You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well. Doncic is extremely skilled. It’s not only about athleticism, speed and size, but it makes a big difference. Doncic has great size, he’s a great passer, extremely skilled shooting off the dribble or off the catch, had great footwork, etc. in comparison Yurtseven is undersized, slow, cant jump, has some post moves, but not advanced, not a great rebounder, he’s a solid passer, and he’s a good shooter. There’s a stark difference there in terms of positional fit in the NBA.

Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#22 » by 916fan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 am

Pump the breaks a little bit. Before his 5 3pters made vs. Clemson, he only made 6 in the last 16 games. We need to see if that 3pt stroke is legit. Problem is, he doesn't take many.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 am

916fan wrote:Pump the breaks a little bit. Before his 5 3pters made vs. Clemson, he only made 6 in the last 16 games. We need to see if that 3pt stroke is legit. Problem is, he doesn't take many.

Part of my point. But hes shown on multiple occasions that he has a jumper other than his three point shot. Specifically during his 91 point game.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#24 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 am

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Luka Doncic will be fine, Center is a different position and Doncic is underrated as an athlete.

I do think I’m being a little harsh on Yurtseven, he’s not that bad. Offensively he clearly has ability and a team like the Rockets or Warriors would probably make use of him.

Yes you were just a little harsh on him.

Hes 7 footer - " Lenght will be a problem for him "
He didnt play at all last year - " Theres a reason he wasnt draftable last year "
5-6 from 3, rest of the his points hook shots far away from the baseline and mid range jumpers " Dominating mismatches "
7 footer that shoot from the 3 and block shots "Useless G-league talent "

Ohh and "its just college 3 pt line" where %90 of the NBA prospects plays, You are right Center is a different position from SF/SG you need more athleticism to play SF/SG in the NBA, and if you think Doncic has athleticism close to NBA SF/SG's please quit watching basketball , and since you think that as you said many times before, " you cant be succesful at the next level without ahtleticism" dont get me wrong i think Doncic is a pretty good player, you are the one who says that.

You are clearly one of those European guys that hate on every Turkish prospect without a reason and Praising every other European prospects

Lol what? I like Enes Kanter. But in general I don’t like Turkish prospects because none of them have great fluidity. Cedi Osman is pretty solid. You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well. Doncic is extremely skilled. It’s not only about athleticism, speed and size, but it makes a big difference. Doncic has great size, he’s a great passer, extremely skilled shooting off the dribble or off the catch, had great footwork, etc. in comparison Yurtseven is undersized, slow, cant jump, has some post moves, but not advanced, not a great rebounder, he’s a solid passer, and he’s a good shooter. There’s a stark difference there in terms of positional fit in the NBA.

Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids.

I dont compare Yurtseven and Doncic i just bring him up beacuse hes your number 1 and when you criticize Yurtseven you talk about his athleticism and ignore his other aspects of the game yet you wont do that for Doncic .

doordoor123 wrote:You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well

Yurtseven FG %61, 3P %73 and hes a good passer but lets ignore.

doordoor123 wrote:Yurtseven is undersized

How come Yurtseven is undersized when hes 7 ft wanna explain ?

doordoor123 wrote:not a great rebounder

Hes averaging 6.8 Rbs per game in just 21 mins , he even got 10 offensive rebounds in one game ,one of the best offensive rebounder in the college.

doordoor123 wrote:Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids

:lol: And here that classic quote from a European guy when he tries to bring down a college prospect to praise someone playing in the Europe, so %90 of the NBA prospects playing in the college whats your point ?

You are really interesting you think at 6-6 Doncic has a good size for a NBA SF but 7ft Yurtseven undersized for Center and Doncic really a good shooter that makes up for his athleticism when he shoots %33 from 3 this season , oh and you think Doncic is NBA level atlete at SF position while Yurtseven have to be Dwight Howard to play in the NBA .
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:54 am

916fan wrote:Pump the breaks a little bit. Before his 5 3pters made vs. Clemson, he only made 6 in the last 16 games. We need to see if that 3pt stroke is legit. Problem is, he doesn't take many.

Nobody in here says hes a lottery pick or something , just at 7ft tall and he showed potential to be 3pt shooter and can block shots, he just on potential deserves to be first round pick and hes 11 of 15 from behind the arc this season .
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:06 am

freestyler34 wrote:

Nobody in here says hes a lottery pick or something , just at 7ft tall and he showed potential to be 3pt shooter and can block shots, he just on potential deserves to be first round pick and hes 11 of 15 from behind the arc this season .

He can kind of block shots in college. In the NBA he’s going to have a lot of trouble. His chase-down blocks are nonexistent. He tried like 5 times last game and the the opposing guys easily got by him. In college the the point line is closer, which clogs the paint more and makes it easier for bigs to get blocks. He also can’t really jump and is going to get killed on the inside. A lot of players started to kill Bogut and Roy Hibbert for that very reason.
When I say undersized, I mean relative to his wingspan. There are no Starting centers in the league with less than a 7’3 wingspan unless they’re small-ball centers.
I still think he’s overrated, but he probably has a role, it’s just not the role you think it is.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:36 am

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

He can kind of block shots in college. In the NBA he’s going to have a lot of trouble. His chase-down blocks are nonexistent. He tried like 5 times last game and the the opposing guys easily got by him. In college the the point line is closer, which clogs the paint more and makes it easier for bigs to get blocks. He also can’t really jump and is going to get killed on the inside. A lot of players started to kill Bogut and Roy Hibbert for that very reason.
When I say undersized, I mean relative to his wingspan. There are no Starting centers in the league with less than a 7’3 wingspan unless they’re small-ball centers.
I still think he’s overrated, but he probably has a role, it’s just not the role you think it is.

You can make that " Hes doing this in the college but he cant do it in the NBA " Argument about every prospect thats playing in the college right now ,and for a big Standing Reach is more important than Wingspan, you can be 6-5 with 6-11 wingspan but someone thats 7 ft with 6-10 wingspan will a have higher standing reach than him.

You dont even know what role i have in my mind for him , college season is still going on lets see how he develops i just think he has a role in the NBA and what role it could be depends on his development, isnt it better to think this way instead of saying " He has no athleticism, G-league talent,useless player " ?
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:38 am

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

You can make that " Hes doing this in the college but he cant do it in the NBA " Argument about every prospect thats playing in the college right now ,and for a big Standing Reach is more important than Wingspan, you can be 6-5 with 6-11 wingspan but someone thats 7 ft with 6-10 wingspan will a have higher standing reach than him.

You dont even know what role i have in my mind for him , college season is still going on lets see how he develops i just think he has a role in the NBA and what role it could be depends on his development, isnt it better to think this way instead of saying " He has no athleticism, G-league talent,useless player " .

What are you talking about?
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:43 am

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

You dont even know what role i have in my mind for him , college season is still going on lets see how he develops i just think he has a role in the NBA and what role it could be depends on his development, isnt it better to think this way instead of saying " He has no athleticism, G-league talent,useless player " .

Basketball, you ?
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 am

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:

Basketball, you ?

You can believe what you want to believe. I have a lot of confidence in my eye test and I’ve been following drafts for years. I also have a pretty good track record because I’ve seen more basketball games than pretty much anyone I’ve ever met. I’m constantly watching, even when I have other stuff to do. I don’t belive he’s a valuable pick, that’s it. And if he ends up being really good you’re welcome to come back here and tell me I was wrong. I’ve been wrong before, even conceptually, but I also learn from my mistakes and have been learning from them constantly. I’ve made the same mistake with other guys like Yurtseven in the past and I guess I just hope you learn in your own way.

I’m really tired of having ridiculous debates like this because you’re always just going to be a committed fanboy. It’s not my problem.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#31 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 am

I think he can be very similar to a Nikola Vucevic. Really skilled big that can score in multiple ways, also is a good rebounder. His foot speed and defense kind of limits his potential though. But I definitely think he can be a successful scorer in the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#32 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 am

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Basketball, you ?

You can believe what you want to believe. I have a lot of confidence in my eye test and I’ve been following drafts for years. I also have a pretty good track record because I’ve seen more basketball games than pretty much anyone I’ve ever met. I’m constantly watching, even when I have other stuff to do. I don’t belive he’s a valuable pick, that’s it. And if he ends up being really good you’re welcome to come back here and tell me I was wrong. I’ve been wrong before, even conceptually, but I also learn from my mistakes and have been learning from them constantly. I’ve made the same mistake with other guys like Yurtseven in the past and I guess I just hope you learn in your own way.

I’m really tired of having ridiculous debates like this because you’re always just going to be a committed fanboy. It’s not my problem.

You're on the wrong forum then big guy.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 am

Duke4life831 wrote:I think he can be very similar to a Nikola Vucevic. Really skilled big that can score in multiple ways, also is a good rebounder. His foot speed and defense kind of limits his potential though. But I definitely think he can be a successful scorer in the NBA.

He’s not as strong or as skilled as Vucevic was. He has some flashes, but needs to develop his post game. Offensively probably compares better to Derrick Favors, but without the athleticism. His defensive rebounding is atrocious.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 am

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Basketball, you ?

Since you run out of arguments , playing " i know better than everyone " card i see , lets see if he will be G-League player before falling out of the league like you said, See you another life Doncic fanboy .
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 am

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
Basketball, you ?

Since you run out of arguments , playing " i know better than everyone " card i see , lets see if he will be G-League player before falling out of the league like you said, See you another life Doncic fanboy .

I’m not saying I know better than everyone, I’m saying I know what I know and you probably think you know what you know. I have experience that makes me confident in my ability. I don’t force my opinion, I see any information on here as a give and take. And then there are a few people who opinions that I just throw in the trash because it’s just ridiculous.

I’m not a Doncic fanboy, real just recognizes real. I’m a Michael Porter Jr fanboy.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by freestyler34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 am

doordoor123 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I think he can be very similar to a Nikola Vucevic. Really skilled big that can score in multiple ways, also is a good rebounder. His foot speed and defense kind of limits his potential though. But I definitely think he can be a successful scorer in the NBA.

He’s not as strong or as skilled as Vucevic was. He has some flashes, but needs to develop his post game. Offensively probably compares better to Derrick Favors, but without the athleticism. His defensive rebounding is atrocious.

Yurtseven has potential to be 3P shooter , Favors isnt a 3pt Shooter, Yurtseven can play back to basket, Most of the Favors points comes from pick and rolls and mid range jumpers , Favors is a better athlete as you said, so they are nothing like each other.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#37 » by SlowPaced » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 pm

doordoor123 wrote:

Yurtseven-Favors is one of the worst comparisons I've seen in a while. They're not even remotely alike.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 am

SlowPaced wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Yurtseven-Favors is one of the worst comparisons I've seen in a while. They're not even remotely alike.

I meant in the sense that he can shoot mid range jumpers and post up, although not post up well. And grab some offensive boards.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#39 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 am

doordoor123 wrote:

I don't know about that. Vucevic is exactly who he reminds me of - though we do need to see more of that 3 point shot, and he does need to be less deliberate with the ball or he'll get his pocket picked when he gets to the NBA. A lot of the comments you've made about Yurtseven were made about Vecevic - at the same point when he was at USC. There's no reason to believe Yurtseven won't get stronger - just like Vucevic did - he's already much stronger looking than he was last season, and he could eventually become one of the stronger centers in the NBA. The slow feet on D is a valid concern - as it clearly was for Vucevic. But he does seem to have quicker defensive reactions than Vucevic. I don't see what you see as far as defensive rebounding being atrocious - it's a strength for him. Put it this way - Aaron Baynes is playing 18 minutes a game for the best team in the East - Anyone think he can't become better than Baynes? I like him as a late 1st rounder.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 am

Ruzious wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

I don't know about that. Vucevic is exactly who he reminds me of - though we do need to see more of that 3 point shot, and he does need to be less deliberate with the ball or he'll get his pocket picked when he gets to the NBA. A lot of the comments you've made about Yurtseven were made about Vecevic - at the same point when he was at USC. There's no reason to believe Yurtseven won't get stronger - just like Vucevic did - he's already much stronger looking than he was last season, and he could eventually become one of the stronger centers in the NBA. The slow feet on D is a valid concern - as it clearly was for Vucevic. But he does seem to have quicker defensive reactions than Vucevic. I don't see what you see as far as defensive rebounding being atrocious - it's a strength for him. Put it this way - Aaron Baynes is playing 18 minutes a game for the best team in the East - Anyone think he can't become better than Baynes? I like him as a late 1st rounder.

Actually no, I don’t think he can be better than Baynes. Baynes is really good and should be starting. Baynes sets the best screens in he NBA, he’s a really good defensive rebounder, he’s a really smart and he’s sneakily athletic. They’re different kinds of players. I don’t like Yurtseven as a rebounder because he doesn’t have rebounding technique and I personally don’t think he’s very athletic or long enough to rebound against NBA-level athletes at center.

Return to NBA Draft