2018 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Re: 2018 NBA Draft 

Post#1701 » by 916fan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 am

yoyoboy wrote:I get the hype with Miles, but the guy is a 6'6-6'7 (I'm betting closer to the former) PF with a 6.8.5 wingspan and an 8'7 standing reach. Draymond Green is seen as such an outlier for how he's able to be effective at the PF position despite bing so undersized and yet he's an inch taller with 5 inches more of wingspan and 3 inches more of standing reach. A massive difference.

If you think he can be a SF in the NBA, then I can see how you'd be a fan of him, but I personally don't think he can. He has a slow, high dribble and is skillset is better suited to being a 4 in the small ball era.

I understand people questioning whether or not he can be a SF, but I find it strange how others keep trying to say that Mikal can be a 2-4 and guard 2-4.. It's also strange how people claim that Miles is 's 6'6, but don't bat an eye on Mikal who's listed at 6'7, but looks at least 2inches shorter than Miles.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,128

Post#1702 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 am

Dzanan Musa, Isaac Bonga and Jarred Vanderbilt are all top-15 prospects.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#1703 » by doordoor123 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

If Shamorie Ponds can shoot threes he’s a real NBA player. He’s so smooth with his dribble moves and finishes with contact. He’s small, but super crafty. I know hes been a novelty all year, but recently he’s killing it. If he can shoot threes more consistently he’s a really good scorer, even in the NBA. Even though he’s small and not long, he has a complete game, can float it over guys and and he can make close baskets with his craftiness.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1704 » by GimmeDat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Melvin Frazier - came across his name in the latest ESPN mock, I'm struggling to find much footage of him, but he's supposedly 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, is shooting 40% from 3, scoring 19ppg per 40 on 66% TS this season. Thought wow, screams quality 3/D guy. Then I see this on YT -

Looks like he can handle in the PnR and he's not just long, but explosive.

Is this guy a sleeper?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#1705 » by The-Power » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 am

GimmeDat wrote:Melvin Frazier - came across his name in the latest ESPN mock, I'm struggling to find much footage of him, but he's supposedly 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, is shooting 40% from 3, scoring 19ppg per 40 on 66% TS this season. Thought wow, screams quality 3/D guy.

Never seen him but I'd like if he got a chance considering that he visibly improved every year. I always like players who work on their weaknesses and improve – especially in areas everybody can improve with practice.

That being said, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. He has shot 29% and 26% on 3's his first two years, with 52% and 67% from the line. Even though he appears to be improved yet again, he most certainly has ways to go before being called a 3&D player. While he does shoot 40% on 3's this year, the sample size is still very small and his numbers would look very different without his three good games from behind the arc. In most games he takes two or three 3's and makes a low percentage of them.

No idea what do with him and I doubt anyone has seen enough of him to really compare him to other players. Maybe he will be on some people's radar from here on out and we'll get to read and see more of him.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1706 » by GimmeDat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:19 am

The-Power wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Melvin Frazier - came across his name in the latest ESPN mock, I'm struggling to find much footage of him, but he's supposedly 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, is shooting 40% from 3, scoring 19ppg per 40 on 66% TS this season. Thought wow, screams quality 3/D guy.

Never seen him but I'd like if he got a chance considering that he visibly improved every year. I always like players who work on their weaknesses and improve – especially in areas everybody can improve with practice.

That being said, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. He has shot 29% and 26% on 3's his first two years, with 52% and 67% from the line. Even though he appears to be improved yet again, he most certainly has ways to go before being called a 3&D player. While he does shoot 40% on 3's this year, the sample size is still very small and his numbers would look very different without his three good games from behind the arc. In most games he takes two or three 3's and makes a low percentage of them.

No idea what do with him and I doubt anyone has seen enough of him to really compare him to other players. Maybe he will be on some people's radar from here on out and we'll get to read and see more of him.

Yeah, at this stage I'm just keeping an eye on him. If what he's doing is sustainable I'd have him as a mid-1st, but even if he's not quite there as a shooter, the tools, even at 21, hold considerable stock, imo. But yeah, the jumpshot is the make or break skill, hopefully he keeps it up.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1707 » by doordoor123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 am

GimmeDat wrote:Melvin Frazier - came across his name in the latest ESPN mock, I'm struggling to find much footage of him, but he's supposedly 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, is shooting 40% from 3, scoring 19ppg per 40 on 66% TS this season. Thought wow, screams quality 3/D guy. Then I see this on YT -

Is this guy a sleeper?

Seems like you didn’t see my big board when I had it. I had him as an early 2nd. He’s explosive, a good defender and shoots threes. He’s just not playing against great teams and has had up and down games. Not only ESPN, there have been a couple people who have liked him. He definitely has potential.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#1708 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:Miles is the veracity. Won't hurt to see him run the floor with Dunn, Zach and Lauri for the bulls. It will be an explosive and athletic line up.

I feel like the combo of Zach and Bridges would be too take-turny on offense.

I think that will be a function of how the coach can align them to fit into a system rather than individual mindset. Miles seems like a very coachable player under Izzo thus shouldn't be an issue.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1709 » by GimmeDat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:50 am

doordoor123 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Melvin Frazier - came across his name in the latest ESPN mock, I'm struggling to find much footage of him, but he's supposedly 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, is shooting 40% from 3, scoring 19ppg per 40 on 66% TS this season. Thought wow, screams quality 3/D guy. Then I see this on YT -

Is this guy a sleeper?

Seems like you didn’t see my big board when I had it. I had him as an early 2nd. He’s explosive, a good defender and shoots threes. He’s just not playing against great teams and has had up and down games. Not only ESPN, there have been a couple people who have liked him. He definitely has potential.

Yeah, must have missed him on yours. I'm going to have to cool my hype and watch a bit more of him, but potentially he seems to bring quite a lot to the table. If the shooting is legit and and he can handle a little, I'd have him on par if not above someone like Hutchison, for example.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1710 » by GimmeDat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 am

Also, if anyone's missed what Billy Preston has been doing -

AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#1711 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:35 am

Just_Bullz wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:Miles is the veracity. Won't hurt to see him run the floor with Dunn, Zach and Lauri for the bulls. It will be an explosive and athletic line up.

I think that will be a function of how the coach can align them to fit into a system rather than individual mindset. Miles seems like a very coachable player under Izzo thus shouldn't be an issue.

My concern is that neither is an instinctive off ball player, and neither creates much for teammates on ball. You can coach some of that, but some it is knack. That said, if Bridges falls to the Pelicans’ pick, I’m jumping for joy because of his talent. I don’t see him as a fantastic fit though.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1712 » by GimmeDat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:21 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

My concern is that neither is an instinctive off ball player, and neither creates much for teammates on ball. You can coach some of that, but some it is knack. That said, if Bridges falls to the Pelicans’ pick, I’m jumping for joy because of his talent. I don’t see him as a fantastic fit though.

My main fit concern is with the fact that he's probably a 4 (Lauri's main position).

One thing's for sure, we'd have some exciting talent that would be insane on the break.

I'm the same, take him as BPA but a bit meh on the fit.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1713 » by doordoor123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:30 am

GimmeDat wrote:Also, if anyone's missed what Billy Preston has been doing -

Totally forgot he is playing. I need to see some of his games, but he looks good here.
Just_Bullz
Veteran

Post#1714 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Miles is dishing out around 3 assist per game. The only NBA small forwards that are on the top 30 assist list are Bron (8.9) and Durant (5.5). Butler is at 5 apg and Paul George is 3 apg. I don't think Miles will ever hit that level and it shouldn't be a caveat when evaluating him. He gives you more rebounds and alleyloops dunks in my opinion.

But if we are looking for a SF/SG that creates, then Doncic will be the pick.
Just_Bullz
Veteran

Post#1715 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 am

GimmeDat wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:

My main fit concern is with the fact that he's probably a 4 (Lauri's main position).

One thing's for sure, we'd have some exciting talent that would be insane on the break.

I think the perfect fit to Lauri at the 3 is Doncic.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#1716 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Just_Bullz wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Doncic is who I like most as a fit and a talent.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1717 » by doordoor123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:31 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Doncic is who I like most as a fit and a talent.

I don’t know, I like the ball in Dunn’s hands. He won’t be as effective off-ball. I like the Michael Porter Jr fit. Surround Dunn with athletic scorers. Porter is also a Chicago native and might be the player they want to tank for.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#1718 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm

troy brown has been going off as of recent. one of my favorite players in this draft

last night he had 16 points 10 rebounds 3 assists 5 steals. crazy stat line.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1719 » by doordoor123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:troy brown has been going off as of recent. one of my favorite players in this draft

He’s also one of my favorites. I’m just super afraid the wrong team is going to draft him. Fast-pace teams aren’t going to fit with him and most of the league is fast-pace nowadays. But those teams are going to be enticed by him because of his defense and his ability to get into the passing lane because that’s what fast pace teams like to do.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#1720 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:troy brown has been going off as of recent. one of my favorite players in this draft

He’s also one of my favorites. I’m just super afraid the wrong team is going to draft him. Fast-pace teams aren’t going to fit with him and most of the league is fast-pace nowadays. But those teams are going to be enticed by him because of his defense and his ability to get into the passing lane because that’s what fast pace teams like to do.

i think he can fit into fast pace because dude is always looking to push the ball in the fast break. that's one of his favorite things to do.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to NBA Draft