Frank Ntilikina

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Re: Frank Ntilikina 

Post#81 » by Bob8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Ntilikina could be the best guard in this draft-- better than Fultz or Ball. Watch his defense. It's elite. And his pg skills are outstanding for a player with his length. He can shoot the corner three, shoot off the dribble and get to the rim. No weaknesses.

Fultz and Ball are good-- but so is Ntilikina.

If he is that good, how he's only making 3.9 pts, 1.6 rbt and 0.6 asst in French league, which is not exactly the best in Europe?
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#82 » by jrob23 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Ntilikina could be the best guard in this draft-- better than Fultz or Ball. Watch his defense. It's elite. And his pg skills are outstanding for a player with his length. He can shoot the corner three, shoot off the dribble and get to the rim. No weaknesses.

If he is that good, how he's only making 3.9 pts, 1.6 rbt and 0.6 asst in French league, which is not exactly the best in Europe?

because Euro leagues play vets over punk kids no matter if they're future NBA lottery picks. I thought you were a Euro expert. How does this reality escape you? That's poor trolling friend. Do better.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#83 » by Bob8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm

jrob23 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

because Euro leagues play vets over punk kids no matter if they're future NBA lottery picks. I thought you were a Euro expert. How does this reality escape you? That's poor trolling friend. Do better.

There's a big difference between Euroleague and other leagues in Europe. And even in Euroleague Doncic is playing being younger, Cedi Osman is playing for 3 years now, Ziziz is playing, Bogdanovic, Saric and Hezonja have played... In national leagues, like French league, is of course much easier for young players to play.

If someone is good he's playing. But my point is not Ntilikina is not playing, but that his numbers for 14 minutes are really low.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#84 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Bob8 wrote:
jrob23 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

There's a big difference between Euroleague and other leagues in Europe. And even in Euroleague Doncic is playing being younger, Cedi Osman is playing for 3 years now, Ziziz is playing, Bogdanovic, Saric and Hezonja have played... In national leagues, like French league, is of course much easier for young players to play.

Just get out of here, HERE Is not a Doncic thread go back to his thread and go talk about him there, whatever that he avg only 3.9 points? This Ntikilina guy is to me must get for the Kings in the draft, because he has all the tools and especially physical tools to succeed in the NBA.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#85 » by Bob8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:48 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
jrob23 wrote:

Just get out of here, HERE Is not a Doncic thread go back to his thread and go talk about him there, whatever that he avg only 3.9 points? This Ntikilina guy is to me must get for the Kings in the draft, because he has all the tools and especially physical tools to succeed in the NBA.

I'm talking about Ntilikina and his numbers 3.9 pts, 0.6 ass, 1.6 rbt in 14 minutes. It looks low, or I'm missing something?
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Bob8 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I'm talking about Ntilikina and his numbers 3.9 pts, 0.6 ass, 1.6 rbt in 14 minutes. It looks low, or I'm missing something?

Stop trolling, you were in your post talking about Doncic that he is playing in Euroleague being younger, you know what I DON'T FREAKING Care, come to 2018 draft we all can talk about Doncic how much you want, but now this is not Doncic thread this is Ntikilina thread. I'm really triggered with these Doncic lovers, claiming he is some kind a God and better prospect than Lebron at age of 17. I really want to puke.

And to my point, those are the stats, I see everything what I need to see with my eyes watching his game.
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#87 » by Bob8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

Stop trolling, you were in your post talking about Doncic that he is playing in Euroleague being younger, you know what I DON'T FREAKING Care, come to 2018 draft you can talk about Doncic how much you want, but now this is not Doncic thread this is Ntikilina thread. I'm really triggered with these Doncic lovers, claiming he is some kind a God and better prospect than Lebron at age of 17. I really want to puke.

And to my point, those are the stats, I see everything what I need to see with my eyes watching his game.

My question was legit, your answer on the other hand... But I've gotten the point. ;)
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Bob8 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Stop trolling, you were in your post talking about Doncic that he is playing in Euroleague being younger, you know what I DON'T FREAKING Care, come to 2018 draft you can talk about Doncic how much you want, but now this is not Doncic thread this is Ntikilina thread. I'm really triggered with these Doncic lovers, claiming he is some kind a God and better prospect than Lebron at age of 17. I really want to puke.

My question was legit, your answer on the other hand...

Ok, i'm done with you, you on my foe list. Not gonna even start to argue with you...
Bob8
General Manager

Post#89 » by Bob8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

My question was legit, your answer on the other hand...

Ok, i'm done with you, you on my foe list. Not gonna even start to argue with you...

Who's arguing?
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#90 » by 916fan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Bob8 wrote:

It's hard to get minutes as a young player in Pro A. Even last year's Timothe Luwawu(drafted in the 20s) was only playing in Pro B. Currently, there's only 4 "eligible" prospects that are playing any type of minutes in Pro A.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#91 » by UcanUwill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Bob8 has made a legitimate point. Ntilikina's numbers are worrysome, and even in last junior competition, he looked very underwhelming up until semi final and final, where he exploded.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#92 » by Bob8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 pm

916fan wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

It's hard to get minutes as a young player in Pro A. Even last year's Timothe Luwawu(drafted in the 20s) was only playing in Pro B. Currently, there's only 4 "eligible" prospects that are playing any type of minutes in Pro A.

Thanks for your answer, but it looks to me that 14 minutes are not that little for his low numbers.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#93 » by cksdayoff » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:24 pm

there are some legit concerns with Frank. He doesn't attack the paint, doesn't really have any craftiness when he does attack the rim. His aggressiveness has been questioned by the coach. He's not all that quick or fast, but he does have a long stride.

He has the potential to be an elite defender at either guard spot. People have said he moves quick laterally which bodes well if true. And I believe he'll be a good shooter behind the 3 point line. If you look at his frame, he can be a monster physically once he matures.
#failforfultz
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#94 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 pm

jrob23 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Frank has lowest PER on the team so it's not like he's only getting benched for being young. It appears he is to his French team what Exum is to the 16-17 Jazz
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Frank already with impressive 10 points after the first quarter in European Champions league round of 16 game.

Getting in the paint, shooting 3.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#96 » by 916fan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 pm

JohnWillow wrote:Frank already with impressive 10 points after the first quarter in European Champions league round of 16 game.

Can you explain to me how the scoring works? What's aggregate?
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:07 pm

916fan wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:Frank already with impressive 10 points after the first quarter in European Champions league round of 16 game.

Can you explain to me how the scoring works? What's aggregate?

They are in the knockout stage where they are playing in a home-and-away format, determined by aggregate score. That is two game scores combined, who has the most points that team get's in the next round.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#98 » by reanimator » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:17 pm

No one is saying Ntilikina is going to be a contributor on offense *right now*. I expect him to put it together near the end of his rookie deal and into his second contract. His defense will be valuable from day one, though.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#99 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 pm

jrob23 wrote:because Euro leagues play vets over punk kids no matter if they're future NBA lottery picks. I thought you were a Euro expert. How does this reality escape you? That's poor trolling friend. Do better.

That is not true. That's a ridiculous untrue myth that American NBA fans that have never seen European basketball games started, and it's completely false and untrue. Young players get much more opportunities in general in Europe than they do in the NBA. The truth is the complete opposite, and NBA American fans really need to stop repeating that untrue myth.

You are right that he's a SG though. No reason for that to even be a debate. Anyone that watched SIG (his team) play can see he's not an actual point guard. They list him that way and call him that - but he does almost zero play making for them in an entire game.

No way is he anything resembling a point guard - at least he sure isn't right now. He does have a good handle, and a good shot, and he's a decent passer....that does not make him a point guard. He's clearly a shooting guard, and it's not even something that is up for debate if we want to deal with reality.

But the vet players always get precedent over young players in Europe, no matter what, thing is totally untrue.

916fan wrote:Can you explain to me how the scoring works? What's aggregate?

Like how they always do it in football (soccer). Each team gets a home game, and they combine all the points. The most total points wins the 2 game series. That's because each team getting one home game each is considered more fair than home advantage / disadvantage series, and 2 games is also considered more fair than single elimination.

It's the same way FIBA tournaments will be done now under the new rules changes, with all qualifications for tournaments being done in that way.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#100 » by jrob23 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
jrob23 wrote:because Euro leagues play vets over punk kids no matter if they're future NBA lottery picks. I thought you were a Euro expert. How does this reality escape you? That's poor trolling friend. Do better.

That is not true. That's a ridiculous untrue myth that American NBA fans that have never seen European basketball games started, and it's completely false and untrue. Young players get much more opportunities in general in Europe than they do in the NBA. The truth is the complete opposite, and NBA American fans really need to stop repeating that untrue myth.

You are right that he's a SG though. No reason for that to even be a debate. Anyone that watched SIG (his team) play can see he's not an actual point guard. They list him that way and call him that - but he does almost zero play making for them in an entire game.

No way is he anything resembling a point guard - at least he sure isn't right now. He does have a good handle, and a good shot, and he's a decent passer....that does not make him a point guard. He's clearly a shooting guard, and it's not even something that is up for debate if we want to deal with reality.

[b]But the vet players always get precedent over young players in Europe, no matter what, thing is totally untrue.
[/b]
916fan wrote:Can you explain to me how the scoring works? What's aggregate?

Like how they always do it in football (soccer). Each team gets a home game, and they combine all the points. The most total points wins the 2 game series. That's because each team getting one home game each is considered more fair than home advantage / disadvantage series, and 2 games is also considered more fair than single elimination.

It's the same way FIBA tournaments will be done now under the new rules changes, with all qualifications for tournaments being done in that way.

nah, it really isn't. Even the kids that do get 20 mpg are still getting less minutes than lesser talented vets. This is a fact. These kids are the best in your leagues and are 1st rounders. If Euro played according to talent they'd play these kids full time in most cases. But they don't because why should they reward them knowing they'll leave in a year? You're just being argumentative to try and sound like a Euro expert. Sorry bro, not right on this one. Stat sheets don't lie.

Return to NBA Draft