Markelle Fultz

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Re: Markelle Fultz 

Post#41 » by freewhitemoon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:10 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:With all the talk about his athleticism one thing has clearly stuck out to me.

He's an above average one leg jumper but off two feet vert he's not very impressive.

The Westbrook's and Rose's are equally adept at jumping off two as they are one.

Kobe was actually a below average two foot leaper, so it's unfair to say Fultz in not athletic. He'll be able to succeed athletically if he understands his strengths and weaknesses.

He's a guard, dosen't really matter if he can jump off 2 feet or not. Zach Lavine dosen't have much explosion off 2 feet either. Quickness is more important anyway, of which he has plenty.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#42 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:31 am

freewhitemoon wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:With all the talk about his athleticism one thing has clearly stuck out to me.

He's an above average one leg jumper but off two feet vert he's not very impressive.

The Westbrook's and Rose's are equally adept at jumping off two as they are one.

Kobe was actually a below average two foot leaper, so it's unfair to say Fultz in not athletic. He'll be able to succeed athletically if he understands his strengths and weaknesses.

He's a guard, dosen't really matter if he can jump off 2 feet or not. Zach Lavine dosen't have much explosion off 2 feet either. Quickness is more important anyway, of which he has plenty.

Between Prime Rose and Westbrook the hop step and the pull up jumper are two things they utilized frequently to make themselves dangerous. Both relied upon elite two feet jumping ability. Not saying this is the end all be all for Fulltz but jumping well on both feet does have an impact when it comes down to elite athleticism and above average.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#43 » by freewhitemoon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:16 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:
Between Prime Rose and Westbrook the hop step and the pull up jumper are two things they utilized frequently to make themselves dangerous. Both relied upon elite two feet jumping ability. Not saying this is the end all be all for Fulltz but jumping well on both feet does have an impact when it comes down to elite athleticism and above average.

Pull up jumpshots dont need elite leaping ability what drugs are you on m8
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#44 » by jonjames » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:35 am

Below average two foot leaper? No, I think ppl often forget how good of an athlete Kobe in his prime was. In his heyday, he would routinely go baseline and throw down windmill from the other side of the basket that requires better than below average leaping ability I'd say. Fultz is also nowhere near the athlete young kobe was either.

Back to the discussion of Fultz, I would be pleasantly surprised if he was a top 10 player in the league. Like Cammo said, it is a bit too early to make such statements. Btw, with Harden who was strictly a two guard for most of his career being able to seamlessly transition well into pg postion..maybe Fultz could very well be an nba point.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#45 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:28 am

freewhitemoon wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking "m8". Westbrook specifically gets great elevation on his pull up from two feet.
djc373
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: RE: Re: Markelle Fultz 

Post#46 » by djc373 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:59 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
freewhitemoon wrote:
ItsThatEasy wrote:

Your reading comprehension is sorely lacking "m8". Westbrook specifically gets great elevation on his pull up from two feet.

He doesnt rely on his jumping ability to get that shot off though. Jumping ability from two feet isnt a game changer for guards. They do most of their damage from slashing where leaping from one foot is vastly more important. I would think jumping from two feet is most advantageous on defense for bigs

Sent from my LG-F600L using RealGM mobile app
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#47 » by bigboi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:11 am

Except this is false, Kobe was a way better two jumper than a 1 foot jumper.

Also I'm still taking DSJ over Fultz, DSJ will be the next CP3 book it, his pace is unmatched by anyone in this class
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
TradeLowry
Junior
And1: 103

Post#48 » by TradeLowry » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:12 am

To me Fultz is Dwayne Wade with a 3 point shot. Wade played point guard in College as well. They're both elite on both ends and do a little bit of everything.

I think he's a legit Superstar! He's above Wiggins and Simmons imo and closer to Towns and ADavis.

Like if the Sixers get Fultz that team could be terrifying one day. He's pretty much EXACTLY what they need.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst

Post#49 » by ItsThatEasy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:48 pm

TradeLowry wrote:To me Fultz is Dwayne Wade with a 3 point shot. Wade played point guard in College as well. They're both elite on both ends and do a little bit of everything.

I think he's a legit Superstar! He's above Wiggins and Simmons imo and closer to Towns and ADavis.

Like if the Sixers get Fultz that team could be terrifying one day. He's pretty much EXACTLY what they need.

I'd put a caveat on there and compare him to Big 3 era Wade. His athleticism is nowhere near rookie or prime Wade but his pace and body control are certainly reminiscent of Wade's.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#50 » by crazy_me_87 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:02 pm

ItsThatEasy wrote:
TradeLowry wrote:To me Fultz is Dwayne Wade with a 3 point shot. Wade played point guard in College as well. They're both elite on both ends and do a little bit of everything.

I'd put a caveat on there and compare him to Big 3 era Wade. His athleticism is nowhere near rookie or prime Wade but his pace and body control are certainly reminiscent of Wade's.

I would agree with this

Rookie/Prime Wade was much,much more athletic. Big 3 and after era Wade with a 3pt Shot is a pretty good comparison
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,689

Post#51 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:29 am

I don't think Wade was much more athletic. There is no "much more athletic" than this kid. He is as fluid, quick, explosive for his size as anybody I've ever seen. Easily the top pick if he can keep this up.
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#52 » by EddieJonesFan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Is there anything he can't do?
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#53 » by EddieJonesFan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Do you think he's got a little bit of Penny in him too? Just looking at some of his moves and he kind of reminds me of him.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#54 » by GimmeDat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:31 am

EddieJonesFan wrote:Do you think he's got a little bit of Penny in him too? Just looking at some of his moves and he kind of reminds me of him.

Good call. I think they're similar in a lot of ways. Him and Wade are the best two comparisons I've seen.
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#55 » by cyclix » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:13 pm

The first guy he reminds me of instantly is Wade. A lesser athletic version.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#56 » by dballislife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:54 pm

fultz does have wade like athleticism...the difference is prime wade played at around 220, built like a foot ball player, he was really strong, using strength to attack inside...thats about 30 pounds on fultz, strength is very important in the nba
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#57 » by cyclix » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:19 pm

There is a reason why young Wade was called Flash. His ability to get from point A to point B was second to none. Young Wade had elite quickness & speed. Fultz has nowhere near the quickness as a young Wade.

What makes Fultz similar to Wade is the craftiness, even though Wade was more skilled in general they both are very crafty around the basket, both are skilled ballhandlers, and both had the same height with similar large wingspan. Both don't have great leaping ability, but both players use their length to dunk with ease. Both have excellent IQ.

Wade was also much stronger than Fultz. He had a bullish frame with an ever longer wingspan.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#58 » by tsmith » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:15 pm

HE has the craftiness of Wade, but his quickness and explosiveness isn't at his level, maybe more Brandon Roy
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#59 » by treefi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:23 am

Wade as Freshman = 17.8ppg, 6.6rpg, 3.4apg, 2.5spg, 1.1bpg, 48.7 FG%, 34.6% from 3, 69.0 FT%, 3.0tpg

Harden as Freshman = 17.8ppg, 5.3rpg, 3.2apg, 2.1spg, 0.6bpg, 52.7 FG%, 40.7% from 3, 75.4 FT%, 2.6tpg

Fultz as Freshman = 23.0ppg, 5.5rpg, 6.7apg, 2.2spg, 1.5bpg, 55.3 FG%, 43.5% from 3, 69.4 FT%, 3.0tpg

Roy as Senior = 20.2ppg, 5.6rpg, 4.1apg, 1.4spg, 0.8bpg, 50.8 FG%, 40.2% from 3, 81.0 FT%, ?.?tpg
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#60 » by treefi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:42 am

Rose as a Freshman = 14.9ppg, 4.5rpg, 4.7apg, 1.2spg, 0.4bpg, 47.7%, 33.7%, 71.2%
Irving as a Freshman = 17.5ppg, 3.4rpg, 4.3apg, 1.5spg, 0.5bpg, 52.9%, 46.2%, 90.1%

And they both went #1 overall.... Fultz is playing out of his mind.

Return to NBA Draft