Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Re: Markelle Fultz 

Post#61 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:52 am

treefi wrote:Wade as Freshman = 17.8ppg, 6.6rpg, 3.4apg, 2.5spg, 1.1bpg, 48.7 FG%, 34.6% from 3, 69.0 FT%, 3.0tpg

Harden as Freshman = 17.8ppg, 5.3rpg, 3.2apg, 2.1spg, 0.6bpg, 52.7 FG%, 40.7% from 3, 75.4 FT%, 2.6tpg

Fultz as Freshman = 23.0ppg, 5.5rpg, 6.7apg, 2.2spg, 1.5bpg, 55.3 FG%, 43.5% from 3, 69.4 FT%, 3.0tpg

Roy as Senior = 20.2ppg, 5.6rpg, 4.1apg, 1.4spg, 0.8bpg, 50.8 FG%, 40.2% from 3, 81.0 FT%, ?.?tpg

A little early to compare raw numbers like this. Fultz toughest competition hes played so far has probably been Yale. Hes really good but for instance, those were Wade numbers after he played a full season against the ACC.
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#62 » by treefi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:24 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
treefi wrote:Wade as Freshman = 17.8ppg, 6.6rpg, 3.4apg, 2.5spg, 1.1bpg, 48.7 FG%, 34.6% from 3, 69.0 FT%, 3.0tpg

Harden as Freshman = 17.8ppg, 5.3rpg, 3.2apg, 2.1spg, 0.6bpg, 52.7 FG%, 40.7% from 3, 75.4 FT%, 2.6tpg

Fultz as Freshman = 23.0ppg, 5.5rpg, 6.7apg, 2.2spg, 1.5bpg, 55.3 FG%, 43.5% from 3, 69.4 FT%, 3.0tpg

Roy as Senior = 20.2ppg, 5.6rpg, 4.1apg, 1.4spg, 0.8bpg, 50.8 FG%, 40.2% from 3, 81.0 FT%, ?.?tpg

A little early to compare raw numbers like this. Fultz toughest competition hes played so far has probably been Yale. Hes really good but for instance, those were Wade numbers after he played a full season against the ACC.

Of course... but it is so much fun! :D Wade was in C-USA, Fultz is in PAC-12. I'm pretty confident Fultz keeps these averages hovering around 20, 5, and 5 all year anyway but what made Wade so special was that Marquette went 27–6. Instant winner, improved across the board as a sophomore and then took (somewhat smaller, underdog school then) Marquette to the Final 4 and everyone remembers that game. :o
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#63 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:27 am

treefi wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Of course... but it is so much fun! :D Wade was in C-USA, Fultz is in PAC-12. I'm pretty confident Fultz keeps these averages hovering around 20, 5, and 5 all year anyway but what made Wade so special was that Marquette went 27–6.

My bad had a brain fart and pictured Wade in a Wake Forrest jersey for some reason. I do think Fultz is going to come close to keeping his 20/5/5. But I think his 3% is going to drop around 33-35%. Im curious on where his 3pt% is going to end up and what his AST/TO ratio is going to end up. Really curious if he can keep it at 2/1.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#64 » by bigboi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:11 pm

dballislife wrote:fultz does have wade like athleticism...the difference is prime wade played at around 220, built like a foot ball player, he was really strong, using strength to attack inside...thats about 30 pounds on fultz, strength is very important in the nba

Except wasn't close to 220 his younger years. Fultz isn't even close to as quick or fast either
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#65 » by ItsThatEasy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:04 pm

bigboi wrote:
dballislife wrote:fultz does have wade like athleticism...the difference is prime wade played at around 220, built like a foot ball player, he was really strong, using strength to attack inside...thats about 30 pounds on fultz, strength is very important in the nba

Except wasn't close to 220 his younger years. Fultz isn't even close to as quick or fast either

I have no idea where people are seeing Wade-like athleticism in Fultz.

Marquette Wade was one of the most explosive SG's ever.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#66 » by GimmeDat » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 am

I don't think many are arguing that they're comparable level athletes, but thing about Wade was that even though he was an elite athlete, there was a lot of finesse to his game, there's an smooth, methodical nature to their games. It's not going 150% like a Westbrook, it's controlled.

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#67 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Fultz is my hands down #1 prospect so far.. Dennis Smith a close #2. I'm not nearly as sold on guys like Josh Jackson and especially not Jonathan Isaac.

I would love to see Fultz on the Mavs.. they need a draft win in the worst way. He could take over the primary handler role and allow Matthews/Dirk/Barnes to fight over who gets the #2 option. Then sign a defensive anchor and make plans for your PF spot the following year and you have a solid squad.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#68 » by Upperclass » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Fultz's natural scoring ability sets him apart from any other prospect.. including DSJ. who I am a fan of. Fultz is looking like a Kobe-esque scoring talent imo
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#69 » by The Sparest » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:52 pm

FNQ wrote:Fultz is my hands down #1 prospect so far.. Dennis Smith a close #2. I'm not nearly as sold on guys like Josh Jackson and especially not Jonathan Isaac.

I would love to see Fultz on the Mavs.. they need a draft win in the worst way. He could take over the primary handler role and allow Matthews/Dirk/Barnes to fight over who gets the #2 option. Then sign a defensive anchor and make plans for your PF spot the following year and you have a solid squad.

From your mouth to God's ear, I would also love to see the Mavs get him. With Fultz and some smart FA moves, they could have a very quick turn around, much like the Spurs with Duncan.

Not that there aren't some very talented guys after Fultz, but he is the clear number one in terms of boom to bust ratio.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#70 » by Goner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:57 am

FNQ wrote:Fultz is my hands down #1 prospect so far.. Dennis Smith a close #2. I'm not nearly as sold on guys like Josh Jackson and especially not Jonathan Isaac.

My ideal lottery shakeout would be for the Mavs to win the lottery and then trade down to wherever Philly is (2 or 3), ending up with Okafor and Jackson. That way they end up with a quick turnover, and Okafor gets out of a bad situation.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#71 » by GimmeDat » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:18 am

Goner wrote:

My ideal lottery shakeout would be for the Mavs to win the lottery and then trade down to wherever Philly is (2 or 3), ending up with Okafor and Jackson. That way they end up with a quick turnover, and Okafor gets out of a bad situation.

I like the idea but my perspective on this draft is that if you're lucky enough to get #1, you do not trade it. I think Fultz is a star, even compared to talents below him in this draft.
djc373
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#72 » by djc373 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:29 am

As a philly fan, yes please

Sent from my LG-F600L using RealGM mobile app
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,763

Post#73 » by Chuck Everett » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:35 am

Goner wrote:

The last team to trade down after getting the number one pick is Orlando in 1993 and they were lucky they had Shaq to even do that (Webber and Shaq would have been devastating). Dallas trading away the #1 pick would be the stupidest thing in the entire world to do.

Okafor (who I still have hopes for) hasn't helped the Sixers at all and he is not worth making a crazy move like that.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Goner
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by Goner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
Goner wrote:

The last team to trade down after getting the number one pick is Orlando in 1993 and they were lucky they had Shaq to even do that (Webber and Shaq would have been devastating). Dallas trading away the #1 pick would be the stupidest thing in the entire world to do.

Okafor (who I still have hopes for) hasn't helped the Sixers at all and he is not worth making a crazy move like that.

The point is that Dallas could hold Philly ransom since they absolutely need to start putting together their back court. Dallas could even pry away more from Philly, I think. And quite frankly the argument that something is unlikely, therefore it won't happen is misguided. If something is unlikely, then it merely is unlikely, not impossible. And you act like I recommended that they give away the #1 pick... for nothing.

From the perspective of those that don't have Fultz pinned as the clear #1, this would be a feasible, and wise, move. Even in your example from 1993 Orlando came out with an all NBA player, plus other assets.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#75 » by tsmith » Thu Dec 1, 2016 3:32 am

Goner wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
Goner wrote:My ideal lottery shakeout would be for the Mavs to win the lottery and then trade down to wherever Philly is (2 or 3), ending up with Okafor and Jackson. That way they end up with a quick turnover, and Okafor gets out of a bad situation.

The point is that Dallas could hold Philly ransom since they absolutely need to start putting together their back court. Dallas could even pry away more from Philly, I think. And quite frankly the argument that something is unlikely, therefore it won't happen is misguided. If something is unlikely, then it merely is unlikely, not impossible. And you act like I recommended that they give away the #1 pick... for nothing.

From the perspective of those that don't have Fultz pinned as the clear #1, this would be a feasible, and wise, move. Even in your example from 1993 Orlando came out with an all NBA player, plus other assets.

This might work if there were only the one clear, good looking back court player. But at this point there seems to be more then the one option
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#76 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:16 am

Fultz has a smoothness that reminds me of Brandon Roy. He's got athleticism but there's an economy of motion to his game. He's about as polished a freshman guard as I've seen. I think offensively he can be an elite NBA player.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#77 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:23 am

I still see a little smaller version of PG13 in him.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Goner
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by Goner » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:38 am

t_smith979 wrote:This might work if there were only the one clear, good looking back court player. But at this point there seems to be more then the one option

I'm curious as to the general perception of Simmons' skillset, moving forward, among 6ers fans. Is he perceived to be the primary ballhandler/facilitator of the future? If so, is there any kind of worry about redundancy in that department (traditional PG duties)? As a Clipper fan, I can tell you that I wish Blake had more of a scorer's mentality at times, since CP provides all the playmaking we need. If I were BC, I'd view this summer as Fultz or bust.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#79 » by tsmith » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:57 am

Goner wrote:
t_smith979 wrote:This might work if there were only the one clear, good looking back court player. But at this point there seems to be more then the one option

I'm curious as to the general perception of Simmons' skillset, moving forward, among 6ers fans. Is he perceived to be the primary ballhandler/facilitator of the future? If so, is there any kind of worry about redundancy in that department (traditional PG duties)? As a Clipper fan, I can tell you that I wish Blake had more of a scorer's mentality at times, since CP provides all the playmaking we need. If I were BC, I'd view this summer as Fultz or bust.

I can see Simmons running the offense, his vision and playmaking are that good. A player like Fultz who can score off the ball yet can run an offense as well is nearly exactly what we could be after. However if we dont get him all isnt lost due to the high level of talent in the draft, e.g. Smith Jr., Jackson, Ball etc.
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#80 » by Lord Cuban » Thu Dec 1, 2016 11:38 am

Read on Twitter
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!

Return to NBA Draft