Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,622

Re: Lonzo Ball 

Post#841 » by PlatinumState » Sun Jun 4, 2017 8:07 am

FuriousRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel no one should be suprised if the Lakers pass on Ball come draft night. It could easily happen.
Josh Jackson could be #2.
Also Ball could fall to #4 or even #6. Thats how much Lavar running his mouth is costing his son. Teams might not want the headache
dham1974
Assistant Coach
And1: 65

Post#842 » by dham1974 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 3:49 pm

After watching him do some of the things posters said he couldn't I would love to see the Lakers Draft him. I think he's natural fit for that team. D'angelo can focus on being the SG. I'm not sure if Randle or Ingram becomes scoring option number two. I'm guessing Ingram does. Larry Nance will loving playing with him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,591

Post#843 » by SelfishPlayer » Sun Jun 4, 2017 3:56 pm

dham1974 wrote:After watching him do some of the things posters said he couldn't I would love to see the Lakers Draft him. I think he's natural fit for that team. D'angelo can focus on being the SG. I'm not sure if Randle or Ingram becomes scoring option number two. I'm guessing Ingram does. Larry Nance will loving playing with him.

Lonzo has some unusual haters. They have criticized him for not being athletic. :crazy:
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
dham1974
Assistant Coach

Post#844 » by dham1974 » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:03 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
dham1974 wrote:After watching him do some of the things posters said he couldn't I would love to see the Lakers Draft him. I think he's natural fit for that team. D'angelo can focus on being the SG. I'm not sure if Randle or Ingram becomes scoring option number two. I'm guessing Ingram does. Larry Nance will loving playing with him.

Lonzo has some unusual haters. They have criticized him for not being athletic. :crazy:

It is because I'll say he's above avg in that dept. you can't run the fast break like that without being athletic.

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#845 » by The_Hater » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:15 pm

PlatinumState wrote:
FuriousRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel no one should be suprised if the Lakers pass on Ball come draft night. It could easily happen.
Also Ball could fall to #4 or even #6. Thats how much Lavar running his mouth is costing his son. Teams might not want the headache

I can't see Lavar, no matter what kind a big mouth he is, making multiple teams skip Ball for inferior prospects. Like Jerry Colangelo said this week, winning in the NBA is still about talent. If the Lakers pass on BAll then the Sixers will happily scoop him up at 3.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#846 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Jun 4, 2017 11:55 pm

The_Hater wrote:
PlatinumState wrote:
FuriousRiles wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't see Lavar, no matter what kind a big mouth he is, making multiple teams skip Ball for inferior prospects. Like Jerry Colangelo said this week, winning in the NBA is still about talent. If the Lakers pass on BAll then the Sixers will happily scoop him up at 3.

But he could make Jerry Colangelo pass on him. So, Fultz goes #1. No surprise. Then the Lakers decided they want Jackson or Fox more than Ball. That is possible. Now Philly has to decide what to do. They have a choice between Jackson/Fox and Ball. I just don't think the Colangelos want to deal with the Lavar show. JC is just not the type, especially when they have either Jackson, Fox, or for that matter Monk (who is a perfect fit and might end up being better than them all).

I don't see Lonzo slipping past the Suns unless Jackson is still on the board, but even then its not likely.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#847 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 12:30 am

I think their backcourt pairing is perfect. The one knock on Ball might be that he can't effectively run the pick n roll or won't be good in half court sets. Even if that does become the case, him running the fast break with great passes, but Russell could handle half court sets and running the pick n roll when needed since Lonzo can spread the floor and likely make 3s, or at least could in college.

They can both spread the floor and both run the point it needed to suit their strengths.
dham1974
Assistant Coach

Post#848 » by dham1974 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 2:39 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I think their backcourt pairing is perfect. The one knock on Ball might be that he can't effectively run the pick n roll or won't be good in half court sets. Even if that does become the case, him running the fast break with great passes, but Russell could handle half court sets and running the pick n roll when needed since Lonzo can spread the floor and likely make 3s, or at least could in college.

They can both spread the floor and both run the point it needed to suit their strengths.

The Ideal young teams for Lonzo Ball are Suns Lakers and the 76ers. I think he could fit in Minny as well

Check out this video ;feature=youtu.be&t=471
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,956

Post#849 » by shrink » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:51 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
PlatinumState wrote:

But he could make Jerry Colangelo pass on him. So, Fultz goes #1. No surprise. Then the Lakers decided they want Jackson or Fox more than Ball. That is possible. Now Philly has to decide what to do. They have a choice between Jackson/Fox and Ball. I just don't think the Colangelos want to deal with the Lavar show. JC is just not the type, especially when they have either Jackson, Fox, or for that matter Monk (who is a perfect fit and might end up being better than them all).

I don't see Lonzo slipping past the Suns unless Jackson is still on the board, but even then its not likely.

I am curious if people think that the BOS-PHI trade may push Ball down the draft? I feel he's the #2 talent in this draft, but if he is spurned by his beloved Lakers, how much of a problem does he become (and his dad, and his business interests)?

1. PHI (Fultz)
2. LAL Jackson? Are the rumors true or smokescreen?
3. BOS? I think not - he'd be very unhappy stuck behind Isaiah Thomas
4. PHX? Maybe. The PG carousel continues there? I feel they have other needs though.
5. SAC? Probably right? Or is Ball even angrier to be so close to two franchises he would love so much more?
6. ORL? They can't pass on him, right? They need to gamble on finding a star.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,071

Post#850 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:02 pm

The_Hater wrote:

I can. They've made it very, very clear how important being a Laker is to them. If I'm not the Lakers, I don't think I'd draft Lonzo over some players. Even if he is a Franchise player, there is a very high chance he bolts the first chance he gets.
BillyKingGM
Sophomore
And1: 58

Re: RE: Re: Lonzo Ball 

Post#851 » by BillyKingGM » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
MalonesElbows wrote:Hope he busts for the sake of not having every half wit father go up and do the same thing Lavar has done.

Not sure why you'd wish bad on the kid because you don't like his dad. Seems a bit extreme don't you think?

Especially when you consider Lonzo's personality. Lonzo is a pretty quiet and humble kid.

I have the mindset that Im really rooting for Lonzo and really hoping Lavar learns to shut up.

No one is gonna give a **** about Lavar after Lonzo gets drafted. Honestly I think Lavar is just being nuts for the money. It worked too. After Lonzo is drafted he will stop talking about Lonzo and focus on his other sons and improving their stock and shoe deals. There's no more money to be made for Lavar on Lonzo after the 22nd.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#852 » by The_Hater » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I can. They've made it very, very clear how important being a Laker is to them. If I'm not the Lakers, I don't think I'd draft Lonzo over some players. Even if he is a Franchise player, there is a very high chance he bolts the first chance he gets.

The first chance to bolt well be 7-8 years from now. Thats not a reason to pass on a player.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,071

Post#853 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 am

The_Hater wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

The first chance to bolt well be 7-8 years from now. Thats not a reason to pass on a player.

Sure it is. You're spending most of that time developing him anyway. Get 2-3 years of prime production before losing him, when you could have the other guys be true Franchise players.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#854 » by sam_I_am » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 pm

I just can't stand hearing that Lonzo's father is a concern. In the history of the NBA, has a mother or father ever mattered to a team ever? Of course not. It's just talking heads regurgitating their own vomitus.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#855 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 4, 2017 6:57 pm

deanondraft watching Lonzo start to the season

ILikeLollies
Junior
And1: 221

Post#856 » by ILikeLollies » Sun Nov 5, 2017 8:18 pm

Lol I just looked at his twitter feed.

His doing that thing 90% of nba twitter "experts" do where you double down on your stance rather then admit you may be wrong.

Also are we sure he's not duke4life with his 5-6 players in the 2017 draft better then Ben Simmons take lol.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#857 » by reanimator » Sun Nov 5, 2017 9:13 pm

Why wouldn't someone "double down" on their evaluation 8 games into a rookie's season?

This era of microwave hot take chest beating is borderline obnoxious especially given we are talking the development of players that will take years before we know what they really are.
ILikeLollies
Junior
And1: 221

Post#858 » by ILikeLollies » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:15 am

Because sometimes things are obvious and the need to be right overtakes the ability to be introspective
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#859 » by Marcus » Mon Nov 6, 2017 8:59 pm

ILikeLollies wrote:Because sometimes things are obvious and the need to be right overtakes the ability to be introspective

what's the obvious part?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#860 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:17 pm

sam_I_am wrote:I just can't stand hearing that Lonzo's father is a concern. In the history of the NBA, has a mother or father ever mattered to a team ever? Of course not. It's just talking heads regurgitating their own vomitus.

I mean the only thing that matters for lonzo now is to find a way to increase his shooting percentage. His dad will do what he does but if that distracts players on the team I only blame the players.

Return to NBA Draft