Dennis Smith Jr

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Re: Dennis Smith Jr 

Post#281 » by guille_4 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 3:34 am

EvanZ wrote:Fox is Darren Collison 2.0, but even to get there he has to figure out the shooting. Without the shooting, Fox is lucky if he's Jrue Holiday.

How is Darren Collison a better player than Jrue Holiday? Also, Holiday is a good shooter.

I don't get your comment at all.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#282 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 6, 2017 4:37 am

guille_4 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Fox is Darren Collison 2.0, but even to get there he has to figure out the shooting. Without the shooting, Fox is lucky if he's Jrue Holiday.

How is Darren Collison a better player than Jrue Holiday? Also, Holiday is a good shooter.

Collison shot 42% on 3's last season. Holiday shot 36%.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,675

Post#283 » by Jkam31 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 9:56 am

Collison is 2 inches shorter and Fox has him beat in wingspan and reach by 3 inches than add in Fox being faster, quicker, more explosive and that's an outrages comparison

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#284 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:24 pm

EvanZ wrote:
guille_4 wrote:

Both players are better than people realize because they've been on such bad teams. Collison has gotten better every year and he's a good starter. Holiday has been constantly injured, but he's also good starter. Holiday is a better attacker than shooter and he always has been. When he came into the league he wasn't a shooter at all because that's not his strength. Collison is smaller, weaker and a worse defender because of his size, but he's also quicker with a better jumpshot. Jrue Holiday has value in that he can switch between the 1 and 2, while Collison can't. I think they're probably around the same level and it's kind of ridiculous to choose one over the other because they're different types of players and they're both on **** teams.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#285 » by E-Balla » Tue Jun 6, 2017 3:37 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
guille_4 wrote:

Both players are better than people realize because they've been on such bad teams. Collison has gotten better every year and he's a good starter. Holiday has been constantly injured, but he's also good starter. Holiday is a better attacker than shooter and he always has been. When he came into the league he wasn't a shooter at all because that's not his strength. Collison is smaller, weaker and a worse defender because of his size, but he's also quicker with a better jumpshot. Jrue Holiday has value in that he can switch between the 1 and 2, while Collison can't. I think they're probably around the same level and it's kind of ridiculous to choose one over the other because they're different types of players and they're both on **** teams.

They aren't close. Jrue is the best defensive PG in the league.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#286 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 3:44 pm

E-Balla wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

It's different. They're different kinds of players.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#287 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 6, 2017 3:44 pm

E-Balla wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

CP3 says no.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#288 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 6, 2017 5:48 pm

It's funny that both Collison and Holiday played for UCLA at the same time.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#289 » by wjun15 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 5:54 pm

The reason I dont take Fox is...a PG that cannot shoot in todays era is not acceptable, unless your teammates are curry, klay, durant

Brandon Jennings with better athleticsm. There I said it.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#290 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 6, 2017 6:30 pm

How this whole page not have something to do with Dennis Smith Jr?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#291 » by mattao313 » Tue Jun 6, 2017 8:54 pm

wjun15 wrote:The reason I dont take Fox is...a PG that cannot shoot in todays era is not acceptable, unless your teammates are curry, klay, durant

Brandon Jennings with better athleticsm. There I said it.

He plays nothing like Jennings and Jennings was a good shooter he just took terrible shots and couldn't finish a layup to save his life. To be honest they're total opposites of each other.
Championships
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,788

Post#292 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 8, 2017 2:40 pm

anyone thinks he falls to #8 or naw?
im praying he does.. him and KP would be lit
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#293 » by 916fan » Thu Jun 8, 2017 6:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:anyone thinks he falls to #8 or naw?

I could see him going as high as 3, and as low as 10. I think there's a realistic chance he's there at 8... but then I don't know..
Nobody knows what the hell Philly and Phoenix do with their picks. Let's say they pass on him.

I could see the Kings considering DSJ at 5, but if Fox is there, they'll go Fox.
At 6, Orlando brought him in for a workout.. so this could be a realistic destination for him.
At 7, Minnesota probably won't draft him because they have enough scoring.

So realistically, I think you have to get by Sacramento and Orlando. Maybe even Philly and Phoenix too. Both teams need a young PG.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#294 » by doordoor123 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 8:33 pm

916fan wrote:

I could see him going as high as 3, and as low as 10. I think there's a realistic chance he's there at 8... but then I don't know..
Nobody knows what the hell Philly and Phoenix do with their picks. Let's say they pass on him.

I could see the Kings considering DSJ at 5, but if Fox is there, they'll go Fox.
At 6, Orlando brought him in for a workout.. so this could be a realistic destination for him.

So realistically, I think you have to get by Sacramento and Orlando. Maybe even Philly and Phoenix too. Both teams need a young PG.

The Knicks are having a second workout with him and his dad has a connection with them. I don't think he falls past 8.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,788

Post#295 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 8, 2017 8:44 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
916fan wrote:

The Knicks are having a second workout with him and his dad has a connection with them. I don't think he falls past 8.

where'd you see that we're having a second workout with him :o
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,846

Post#296 » by RookieStar » Thu Jun 8, 2017 9:23 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
916fan wrote:

Don't you mean the magic?
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by doordoor123 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 11:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
916fan wrote:I could see him going as high as 3, and as low as 10. I think there's a realistic chance he's there at 8... but then I don't know..

where'd you see that we're having a second workout with him :o

Originally it was supposed to be a workout, but instead he had a meeting with Phil Jackson.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#298 » by OrlandoDream » Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:33 am

I want him in Orlando and it looks like most FO execs have him high on the list too. I see Philly and Kings as the two threats to take him. Philly is rumored to like Monk but the #3 for Monk is too high. They also need a PG but were also rumored to go after Lowey and Jrue Holiday. Now they are also saying that Ben Simmons is gonna play PG so drafting a ball dominant player like Smith doesn't make much sense. Maybe trade the pick?

Then you have the Kings who want Fox bad. But if Fox goes top 4, does that mean they take DSjr? They also need a SF with Gay gone and if Fox goes top 4, then that means one of Tatum or Jackson will be available at the 5th. Tatum would be a good fit next to Hield imo. Jackson, I don't see dropping past PHX. He is a perfect complement to Booker.

Pretty much after Fultz and Ball, its anyone's game. Def gonna be a crazy draft night. Less than two weeks left!
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#299 » by bigboi » Fri Jun 9, 2017 2:14 am

Kings org is trash tho. Knicks would be sick if Melo leaves
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#300 » by Tha King » Fri Jun 9, 2017 5:11 am

Haven't followed this class too closely but he appears to have the highest ceiling (next would be Isaac). If there is an elite player in this class, I think it's him. Don't really see it elsewhere.

Return to NBA Draft