Dennis Smith Jr

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Dennis Smith Jr 

Post#301 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jun 9, 2017 6:17 am

OrlandoDream wrote:I want him in Orlando and it looks like most FO execs have him high on the list too. I see Philly and Kings as the two threats to take him. Philly is rumored to like Monk but the #3 for Monk is too high. They also need a PG but were also rumored to go after Lowey and Jrue Holiday. Now they are also saying that Ben Simmons is gonna play PG so drafting a ball dominant player like Smith doesn't make much sense. Maybe trade the pick?

Then you have the Kings who want Fox bad. But if Fox goes top 4, does that mean they take DSjr? They also need a SF with Gay gone and if Fox goes top 4, then that means one of Tatum or Jackson will be available at the 5th. Tatum would be a good fit next to Hield imo. Jackson, I don't see dropping past PHX. He is a perfect complement to Booker.

Pretty much after Fultz and Ball, its anyone's game. Def gonna be a crazy draft night. Less than two weeks left!

Oh wait, Orlando is the team that has a second workout with him, not the Knicks. I got those confused. Yeah, I think Orlando is really interested in him. It's interesting because before they got Payton they wanted Victor Oladipo and even before that they wanted Eric Bledsoe. And when they wanted Oladipo they were thinking he would be able to play point. They've been desperately looking for an athletic point guard for a while now.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Re: RE: Re: Dennis Smith Jr 

Post#302 » by cedric76 » Fri Jun 9, 2017 10:33 am

doordoor123 wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:I want him in Orlando and it looks like most FO execs have him high on the list too. I see Philly and Kings as the two threats to take him. Philly is rumored to like Monk but the #3 for Monk is too high. They also need a PG but were also rumored to go after Lowey and Jrue Holiday. Now they are also saying that Ben Simmons is gonna play PG so drafting a ball dominant player like Smith doesn't make much sense. Maybe trade the pick?

Then you have the Kings who want Fox bad. But if Fox goes top 4, does that mean they take DSjr? They also need a SF with Gay gone and if Fox goes top 4, then that means one of Tatum or Jackson will be available at the 5th. Tatum would be a good fit next to Hield imo. Jackson, I don't see dropping past PHX. He is a perfect complement to Booker.

Pretty much after Fultz and Ball, its anyone's game. Def gonna be a crazy draft night. Less than two weeks left!

Oh wait, Orlando is the team that has a second workout with him, not the Knicks. I got those confused. Yeah, I think Orlando is really interested in him. It's interesting because before they got Payton they wanted Victor Oladipo and even before that they wanted Eric Bledsoe. And when they wanted Oladipo they were thinking he would be able to play point. They've been desperately looking for an athletic point guard for a while now.

Orl got 2nd interview because we didn't have gm during the 1st workout

However our gm said that he is looking for:
Tall,athletic, long,can stretch floor and can't play multiple position type of player so I don't think we ll draft a midget with short wingspan
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#303 » by Darth Magic » Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:46 pm

cedric76 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Orl got 2nd interview because we didn't have gm during the 1st workout

However our gm said that he is looking for:
Tall,athletic, long,can stretch floor and can't play multiple position type of player so I don't think we ll draft a midget with short wingspan

He also said best player available which would be DSJ at 6
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#304 » by cedric76 » Fri Jun 9, 2017 2:30 pm

Bpa at 8 maybe not at 6

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#305 » by mr2good » Fri Jun 9, 2017 6:37 pm

cedric76 wrote:Bpa at 8 maybe not at 6

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app

He's easily in the running for BPA at 6... Not sure what other prospects at 6 are leaps and bounds above him? Maybe Isaac, maybe Monk but I'd take DSJ over both of them.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#306 » by rzzzzz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:47 am

smoke and mirrors, or did his workout with the Lakers go as well today as the rumors coming out of it? (48" vertical? is that possible?)
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#307 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:30 pm

rzzzzz wrote:smoke and mirrors, or did his workout with the Lakers go as well today as the rumors coming out of it? (48" vertical? is that possible?)

I said all year he wasn't 100% lol.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#308 » by dukes_wild » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 pm

I have Dennis Smith JR as the 2nd best PG in this draft, and 3rd best overall prospect
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#309 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 pm

DSJR is the best prospect in this draft. Close race between he and Josh Jackson.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#310 » by KF10 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 pm

If Fox is gone by the time the Kings use their #5 -- DSJ should be their draft selection.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#311 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 am

dukes_wild wrote:I have Dennis Smith JR as the 2nd best PG in this draft, and 3rd best overall prospect

Potential wise, yep.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#312 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 am

KF10 wrote:If Fox is gone by the time the Kings use their #5 -- DSJ should be their draft selection.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#313 » by CptCrunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 pm

In no way should you draft Fox over DSJ. DSJ simply out classes Fox as a PG prospect.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#314 » by Alatan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Agreed. DSJ is the second best prospect in this draft, Fultz being the first.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#315 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:22 pm

I don't know if this is legit, but it's "worth noting."

Read on Twitter
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#316 » by jonjames » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 pm

paulbball wrote:In no way should you draft Fox over DSJ. DSJ simply out classes Fox as a PG prospect.

Im a DSJ guy..he's a straight dog on the court but he's not a class above fox. They are in the same tier. Fox has two way potential and higher ceiling than smith as an overall player.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#317 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Marcus wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:smoke and mirrors, or did his workout with the Lakers go as well today as the rumors coming out of it? (48" vertical? is that possible?)

I said all year he wasn't 100% lol.

Ya I think some might be forgetting this was his first year back from his ACL. A lot of guys arent all the way back till their 2nd year. Even with that, the dude still showed a ton of elite athleticism and still won ACC Freshman of the year over guys like Tatum and Isaac.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#318 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm

DSJ is my clear cut #1 guy. He was my #1 before the year (had him and Tatum back and forth), he dropped a little during the season, mostly because State was just not relevant. Once the season was over and all the smoke cleared and my emotions calmed, I got him back as my #1 guy. His game is made to succeed as a PG in todays game and is going to explode once in the NBA.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#319 » by Pinkyring » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:DSJ is my clear cut #1 guy. He was my #1 before the year (had him and Tatum back and forth), he dropped a little during the season, mostly because State was just not relevant. Once the season was over and all the smoke cleared and my emotions calmed, I got him back as my #1 guy. His game is made to succeed as a PG in todays game and is going to explode once in the NBA.

You've watched 10+ games of every prospect?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#320 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:DSJ is my clear cut #1 guy. He was my #1 before the year (had him and Tatum back and forth), he dropped a little during the season, mostly because State was just not relevant. Once the season was over and all the smoke cleared and my emotions calmed, I got him back as my #1 guy. His game is made to succeed as a PG in todays game and is going to explode once in the NBA.

You've watched 10+ games of every prospect?

Of the college prospects? Yes. I dont watch Euro ball so have no clue about guys from overseas. And Im not making my decision based just off of the college season. Sadly Ive been watching these guys as prospects since they were Sophomores and Juniors in high school. Ive actually seen the majority of the games for all of the top prospects. Im a die-hard college basketball fan. I will say out of say the top 20 guys, Justin Patton is the one dude I have not seen 10+ times. Ive only seen him play a few times.

Return to NBA Draft