Obi Enechionyia

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
BoyzNTheHood
Veteran
Posts: 2,549
And1: 2,758
Joined: Apr 19, 2015

Obi Enechionyia 

Post#1 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:47 am

What are your thoughts on him? A Power Forward standing 6'10" 220 pounds. I think he's super underrated. How can a guy going for 16/8 with 2 blks per game, while shooting 42% on 6 point attempts per game not getting lottery love?
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,727
And1: 3,618
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Obi Enechionyia 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:54 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:What are your thoughts on him? A Power Forward standing 6'10" 220 pounds. I think he's super underrated. How can a guy going for 16/8 with 2 blks per game, while shooting 42% on 6 point attempts per game not getting lottery love?


Where does this kid play? Also in what conference are they allowing 6 point attempts?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
User avatar
DaddyCool19
Analyst
Posts: 3,496
And1: 3,626
Joined: Jul 28, 2013

Re: Obi Enechionyia 

Post#3 » by DaddyCool19 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 am

Marcus wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:What are your thoughts on him? A Power Forward standing 6'10" 220 pounds. I think he's super underrated. How can a guy going for 16/8 with 2 blks per game, while shooting 42% on 6 point attempts per game not getting lottery love?


Where does this kid play? Also in what conference are they allowing 6 point attempts?


I guess he means 6 3 point attempts http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3147357/obi-enechionyia
guille_4
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,667
And1: 612
Joined: Aug 22, 2010
   

Re: Obi Enechionyia 

Post#4 » by guille_4 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 am

Were his parents huge Star War fans? With a surname like Enechionyia, calling him Obi is just for the lols.

He's a Junior and shoots 43% 2PT%. That's probably why he isn't getting much love.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,727
And1: 3,618
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Obi Enechionyia 

Post#5 » by Marcus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:18 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:What are your thoughts on him? A Power Forward standing 6'10" 220 pounds. I think he's super underrated. How can a guy going for 16/8 with 2 blks per game, while shooting 42% on 6 point attempts per game not getting lottery love?


Where does this kid play? Also in what conference are they allowing 6 point attempts?


I guess he means 6 3 point attempts http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3147357/obi-enechionyia


yeah just joking.

Seriously though with the depth of this draft guys like this that usually could sneak into a sleeper first round spot won't see the same kind of love.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
paulbball
Starter
Posts: 2,161
And1: 1,993
Joined: Jun 30, 2016
   

Re: Obi Enechionyia 

Post#6 » by paulbball » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 pm

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/obi-enechionyia-1.html

54% TS with no visible improvements across steal, reb, steal, assists aside from that 3 point shot. Also rebounds poorly for a 6'8" or 6'10" college junior.

I rather draft the freshman version of him tbh. I really don't see how he gets drafted.
User avatar
BoyzNTheHood
Veteran
Posts: 2,549
And1: 2,758
Joined: Apr 19, 2015

Re: Obi Enechionyia 

Post#7 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:53 pm

So is he more Jarrod Uthoff than Serge Ibaka?
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.

Return to NBA Draft