Zach Collins

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Re: Zach Collins 

Post#41 » by Cammo101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Zach needs to return to school. As a starter next year, he could blossom into a top 5 pick.
pantalones
Junior
And1: 220

Post#42 » by pantalones » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Zach needs to return to school. As a starter next year, he could blossom into a top 5 pick.

The way that he's playing in the tourney thus far, he may be a lottery pick this year.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#43 » by No-Man » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Zach needs to return to school. As a starter next year, he could blossom into a top 5 pick.

No need for that, he is going lotto if he declares this year.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#44 » by 916fan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Collins is the best C in this draft. I think he should declare.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#45 » by Cammo101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Fischella wrote:

He may, depending on how the rest of the tourney and the lead up to the draft go. But, that's a roll of the dice in a very big man heavy draft where he is relying on his upside to carry the day. If he comes back, he can really show out in starter minutes and cement himself as a top guy.

I never begrudge anyone declaring early, but if he does, it's a gamble.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#46 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
Fischella wrote:

He may, depending on how the rest of the tourney and the lead up to the draft go. But, that's a roll of the dice in a very big man heavy draft where he is relying on his upside to carry the day. If he comes back, he can really show out in starter minutes and cement himself as a top guy.

I'm of the mind that if you can go anywhere in the 1st round, you gotta go. And Collins has established himself as a 1st rounder imo. Even if he balls out as a starter at Gonzaga next year, draftniks we'll say he's a sophomore putting up numbers in a weak conference. He may as well cash in on the potential he's shown in limited minutes this year, especially if he has another good tourney game in him.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#47 » by Cammo101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:53 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:
Fischella wrote:No need for that, he is going lotto if he declares this year.

I'm of the mind that if you can go anywhere in the 1st round, you gotta go. And Collins has established himself as a 1st rounder imo. Even if he balls out as a starter at Gonzaga next year, draftniks we'll say he's a sophomore putting up numbers in a weak conference. He may as well cash in on the potential he's shown in limited minutes this year, especially if he has another good tourney game in him.

I think it depends on the situation. It's not so much about money as it is about a team's willingness to groom you. Go in the top 5, they will stick with you forever. Get taken at #24, and you better develop pretty quickly. A guy like Collins stands to gain so much by returning. He will become a starter and look really good in a mostly overpowered conference. For him, the risk is in leaving.

Then you look at a guy like Giles, who should probably come out even though he hasn't played well at all. Because for him, the risk is in coming back to school. Another injury or down season and he's off the draft radar completely. For him clinging to the first round money makes a lot more sense.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#48 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Cammo101 wrote:I think it depends on the situation. It's not so much about money as it is about a team's willingness to groom you. Go in the top 5, they will stick with you forever. Get taken at #24, and you better develop pretty quickly. A guy like Collins stands to gain so much by returning. He will become a starter and look really good in a mostly overpowered conference. For him, the risk is in leaving.

Disagree with the bolded part. If you suck, teams will move on from you in a heartbeat no matter where you were drafted. Look at Anthony Bennett and Thomas Robinson.

On the other hand, if you flash talent and work ethic every step of the way - summer league, training camp, practice - teams will develop you, even if you're a late 1st rounder.

The risk in Collins staying (aside from injury) is that he doesn't vault into the top 5 -- that he sacrifices a year of NBA salary and development to move up just a few spots. To me that's more likely than jumping from #24 in 2017 to #5, especially since the high lottery is typically dominated by freshmen.

I think all of this is irrelevant btw -- Collins is knocking on the door of the lottery, which makes coming out pretty clear cut.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#49 » by GimmeDat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Is Zach Collins a tier above Jarrett Allen in most peoples minds?
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#50 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:27 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Is Zach Collins a tier above Jarrett Allen in most peoples minds?

I don't know about a whole tier, but I like Collins more at the moment.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#51 » by doordoor123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Is Zach Collins a tier above Jarrett Allen in most peoples minds?

I think they're about the same. Collins is more versatile, but Allen has more upside.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#52 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 pm

I think he is a full tier above Allen and has more potential than Allen. A key stat that sets Collins above Allen is steals plus blocks.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#53 » by Goldbum » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Is he a fluid enough athlete with quick enough feet to guard some NBA pf's?
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#54 » by RipCity71252 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Goldbum wrote:Is he a fluid enough athlete with quick enough feet to guard some NBA pf's?

n certain matchups, he might have a chance. Nearly a third of the league still starts two traditional bigs so I think if he's good enough to warrant the minutes you could possibly start him at the 4 then play him as the 2nd unit 5 where teams typically downsize.
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#55 » by RipCity71252 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:24 am

Not involved offensively, but looking very good defensively and on the boards vs WV today. He's probably had 6-7 high quality contests at the rim and grabbed a couple tough in traffic drebs.
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Re: RE: Re: Zach Collins 

Post#56 » by twosevenstreet » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:02 am

RipCity71252 wrote:Not involved offensively, but looking very good defensively and on the boards vs WV today. He's probably had 6-7 high quality contests at the rim and grabbed a couple tough in traffic drebs.

His defensive IQ is awesome to see. The way I look at him I see an athletic mash up of Robin and Brook Lopez

Collins could legit be special

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Zach Collins 

Post#57 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:00 am

Didn't see a thread anywhere for him but this kid is legit. I've always read a few of you guys talk about him but never really watched him. Where do you guys have him mocked if he declares?

Watching him right now tearing up the final four I feel like he's a top 10 pick. Just too much talent and polish with a all around game.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,092

Post#58 » by The-Power » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:03 am

Think some team takes him late in the lottery. Not sure about top 10 in terms of actual draft prediction but it's within the realm of possibility I'd say.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#59 » by RookieStar » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:25 am

Man.. i'm on the hype train!!!
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#60 » by doordoor123 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:33 am

The-Power wrote:Think some team takes him late in the lottery. Not sure about top 10 in terms of actual draft prediction but it's within the realm of possibility I'd say.

Well he's the only legit big in the draft. I'm sure someone will want one in the lottery.

Return to NBA Draft