Luka Doncic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Re: Luka Doncic 

Post#1181 » by Gam » Sun May 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Can you dummies move this stupid Dragic argument to a different board? It has nothing to do with Doncic or the NBA Draft.

Here's a link to the International Basketball forum: viewforum.php?f=5

And here's one to the Player Comparisons forum: viewforum.php?f=64

Both would be much better suited to this discussion :nod:
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#1182 » by Mirotic12 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Bob8 wrote:You seriously think that in any basketball country in Europe, except in Slovenia, end even there I wouldn't be 100% sure, people who watch basketball will agree that list of best Pgs mentioned is in that order, 1.Dragic and behind him Bodiroga-Spanoulis-Diamantidis-Teodosic?

If you're right and only criteria is playing in Nba than you should put Udrih and Rubio in front of Bodiroga&co. too.

What an objective person can easily learn from this thread...

1. 90% or more of NBA fans don't watch any basketball other than the NBA.

2. Even most of the NBA fans that say they watch other basketball, clearly don't, and it's extremely obvious.

3. NBA fans that only watch NBA, will teach us how someone like Matt Dellavedova is better than Nick Galis, simply because (paraphrasing):

"Of course Dellavedova is way better then Galis was, because he wasn't afraid to play in what is by miles and miles the best league in the world, and was actually good enough to make it in the league. If Dellavedova would played in EuroLeague, of course he would have been for years the greatest player in that joke minor league full of scrubs"....

Yeah, I am sure they would also tell us here how Chase Budinger was much better than Drazen Dalipagic because of all the same reasons above...............oh no wait, Budinger ended up in EuroLeague and was only an average EuroLeague player.....yeah, they would say Chandler Parsons was better than Dalipagic then......

Hell, using the "logic" and "reasoning" being displayed here, which is that so and so is better "because of NBA" - then Mark Madsen was obviously better than Dino Meneghin, and honestly, you must be a crazy person to think otherwise...

To actually have people claim you are simply crazy if you don't know Dragic is the best European point guard in years......and to provide nothing more than literally saying "BECAUSE OF NBA", as an argument or proof of why.........I mean the basketball knowledge some people show here is truly astonishing...
narcolepsy
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#1183 » by narcolepsy » Mon May 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Some pretty nice examples of how he can create from post, too bad his teammates missed open looks. Looks like it wasnt great shooting night for him. I think this game didnt have any significance on standings. Final four this weekend, hopefully we'll get to see some good games.
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#1184 » by Ettorefm » Mon May 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:You seriously think that in any basketball country in Europe, except in Slovenia, end even there I wouldn't be 100% sure, people who watch basketball will agree that list of best Pgs mentioned is in that order, 1.Dragic and behind him Bodiroga-Spanoulis-Diamantidis-Teodosic?

If you're right and only criteria is playing in Nba than you should put Udrih and Rubio in front of Bodiroga&co. too.

What an objective person can easily learn from this thread...

1. 90% or more of NBA fans don't watch any basketball other than the NBA.

2. Even most of the NBA fans that say they watch other basketball, clearly don't, and it's extremely obvious.

3. NBA fans that only watch NBA, will teach us how someone like Matt Dellavedova is better than Nick Galis, simply because (paraphrasing):

"Of course Dellavedova is way better then Galis was, because he wasn't afraid to play in what is by miles and miles the best league in the world, and was actually good enough to make it in the league. If Dellavedova would played in EuroLeague, of course he would have been for years the greatest player in that joke minor league full of scrubs"....

Yeah, I am sure they would also tell us here how Chase Budinger was much better than Drazen Dalipagic because of all the same reasons above...............oh no wait, Budinger ended up in EuroLeague and was only an average EuroLeague player.....yeah, they would say Chandler Parsons was better than Dalipagic then......

Hell, using the "logic" and "reasoning" being displayed here, which is that so and so is better "because of NBA" - then Mark Madsen was obviously better than Dino Meneghin, and honestly, you must be a crazy person to think otherwise...

To actually have people claim you are simply crazy if you don't know Dragic is the best European point guard in years......and to provide nothing more than literally saying "BECAUSE OF NBA", as an argument or proof of why.........I mean the basketball knowledge some people show here is truly astonishing...

What kind of logic is this? :lol:

Delly is a role player in the NBA, and just had a bad season as one. If he were a borderline All-star, we sure could compare with 'great euroleague players'.

Strawman much?

The point is - if a dude is 'all star level' in the NBA and another is "All star level" in the Spanish league, it's pretty clear who's probably the best player. Dragic is a top 10 player in the best position in the league, in probably the deepest era of PGs in history.

Doesn't mean he's a superstar, he's not. Not even a star.

I just think it's funny how the All-Euroleague team is filled with NBA rejects (Udoh, De Colo, Vesely, Anthony Randolph, Quincy Miller, Ayon ) and I'm supposed to take seriously that 2017 Dragic, the guy that torched PG superstars in many games would not be the best PG overall if he played in any european league :lol:

Goudelock couldn't find a team to give him a 10 day contract, and got an award...smh
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#1185 » by Mirotic12 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Ettorefm wrote:What kind of logic is this? :lol:

Delly is a role player in the NBA, and just had a bad season as one. If he were a borderline All-star, we sure could compare with 'great euroleague players'.

Strawman much?

The point is - if a dude is 'all star level' in the NBA and another is "All star level" in the Spanish league, it's pretty clear who's probably the best player. Dragic is a top 10 player in the best position in the league, in probably the deepest era of PGs in history.

Doesn't mean he's a superstar, he's not. Not even a star.

I just think it's funny how the All-Euroleague team is filled with NBA rejects (Udoh, De Colo, Vesely, Anthony Randolph, Quincy Miller, Ayon ) and I'm supposed to take seriously that 2017 Dragic, the guy that torched PG superstars in many games would not be the best PG overall if he played in any european league :lol:

Goudelock couldn't find a team to give him a 10 day contract, and got an award...smh

Not a single person here that is claiming Dragic is the best European point guard of this generation (that is what is being claimed), has provided a single reason as to why, other than, "because of NBA".

Again, most people that actually follow things like national teams, EuroLeague, and NBA, will not agree, because they see better players than him outside the NBA. You are not convincing most people that follow more than just the NBA that Dragic is better than some of the best European players ever, like are being mentioned here.

Especially when you literally have no other argument or point than, "because of NBA", which you just keep repeating over and over and over and over. Then when someone points out how ridiculous this "logic" is, like, well then, Dellavedova is better than Galis, you try to completely change the argument all around. But no....literally, not a single point or argument goes beyond "Dragic is better because of NBA".

If you wanted to say Dragic is better than, and then list any various number of guards in EuroLeague....probably no one here is going to argue it at all. But when you start calling him clearly better than the greatest EuroLeague players of the last 25 years (Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Spanoulis, Diamantidis)..........most people that actually follow more than the NBA are going to disagree.

Even if you said something like "Dragic is better than Antoine Rigadeau", a PG that at his peak was probably the best player in Europe, and that took French NT to silver at the Olympics, I doubt anyone here would probably say a word for example. Even in such a case as that.

But when people start saying the greatest players in Europe of the last generation are clearly inferior to someone like Dragic, and with no other reason given than "because of NBA", and yes, truly no other reason than that - yeah, that's going to definitely cause an argument.

Not a single person is claiming Dragic isn't one of the best European players, or whatever, it's the obvious exaggeration on his level ("clearly better than Bodiroga because of the NBA"), etc. that is definitely over the top here.

Also, this above post you made that I am quoting here...it clearly proves to anyone that follows EuroLeague, that you have never seen a EuroLeague game, and so you really have no idea at all if Dragic is better than these other players being mentioned. Which is the whole point, people that follow both NBA and EuroLeague can be objective on an issue like this, but people that follow only NBA cannot. It's really incredibly obvious and simple, you don't watch any of these other players play, and know nothing about them, so you can't possibly have any clue about how good they actually are, or how Dragic compares to them.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1186 » by Marcus » Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 pm

I didn't think it would be that hard to just post in a thread about one player. I've seen disagreements here and there about a prospect but never with this type of childish "I'm right so you're wrong" type of behavior some of you exhibit in here.

Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to NBA Draft