John Collins

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Bobbcats
Assistant Coach
And1: 477

Re: John Collins 

Post#21 » by Bobbcats » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 pm

After watching him for the third time last night, I don't know what to make of him. Got in foul trouble but offensively he's just quietly productive. Scored 22 on shots right around the rim that you'd expect anyone to make. I didn't really notice him doing anything special as far being great on the roll or something to get open, it just kind of happened.
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#22 » by RipCity71252 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:42 am

Ruzious wrote:
RipCity71252 wrote:Not ideal, but here he is side by side with Ben Lammers (listed at 6' 10" as well).
http://imgur.com/a/gL567

There is no way his reach isn't bad with those body proportions.

I can't tell a thing from that. Lammers is 2 years older, so he's more developed, and I'm guessing that's from last season - when Collins was 18.

Its from this season, but I think you can clearly see how much lower his shoulders sit the Ben's. That's going to affect his standing reach measurement.

And another thing with Collins, he might only be 19, but I think he's pretty close to his ceiling physically. He could add another 5 or so pounds I guess, but he's one of the strongest 240lbs players I've seen this year. He can bully most guys right now.
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#23 » by blazeyo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:15 am

I don't think he is going to be a good pro. His insane PER and numbers are an illusion.. It's not going to translate.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#24 » by doordoor123 » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm always really back and forth between John Collins and Ivan Rabb. Both are post players around the same age with similar bodies/athleticism. Collins hasn't been measured yet in terms of length, but my guess is 7'1 (if his length grew at the same rate as his height). In terms of his athleticism, if you put your apples in to that basket and you think he could be an athlete at the 4 as well as develop a better 3pt shot, I can understand putting him first. He's also super efficient in college. Rabb has a 7'2 wingspan, which still isn't good, but he can post up with both hands and he might be more athletic. The question is his frame and his jump shot, but it's a question for both players. I think Rabb has a better chance of being a starting caliber player because he just has an extra umph fighting for rebounds and in terms of his first step. Collins has also had the better team IMO and he's better coached.

Where are you guys in terms of Collins vs Rabb?
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#25 » by SBM » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 pm

I would take him in a minute on the Pacers. Pacers need bigs that aren't stiffs, he has no reason to be a stiff.

Return to NBA Draft