Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,581

Re: Michael Porter Jr. 

Post#21 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:20 am

shawn_hemp wrote:wasnt missouri like really good at basketball not that long ago?

I remember them being a 2 seed that lost to a 15 seed IIRC

guess thats a poor example of them being good but they were a 2 seed

Ya that was 5 years ago though. They have now missed the tournament 4 straight years and have become the laughing stock of the SEC. Kim Anderson really tanked that program. In his 3 years Mizzou went 27-68 and finished dead last in the SEC all 3 years.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#22 » by cksdayoff » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:09 am

Is Bradon Roy a highschool coach? What's he doing. Washington should hire him
#failforfultz
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#23 » by No-Man » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:This is crazy lol.

Eh hes going from one terrible school to another. Sadly it feels like his dad is just using him to get a job. He should go to a bigger school where he can really show out.

He can show out at Mizzou just fine, gonna end up as a top5 pick regardless, might as well make his family some money already somehow.
Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Post#24 » by Derento » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:51 am

how is Porter defensively?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#25 » by No-Man » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:58 am

Dunno if Cuonzo will be able to take any of his Cal recruits to Mizzou, I think a couple guys haven't signed the NLI yet, but Mizzou has this as of now if the Porters go there;

Phillips-Roberts
Hughes/Geist
Porter-VanLeer/Walton
Puryear-Barnett
Porter-Nikko/Smith
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#26 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Watched some full games of his last night. Quicker than I remembered him being. Well paced. Seemed to play with fairly decent IQ offensively. Think he could be more aggressive on the other side of the ball in terms of shot challenging but he did get a couple on ball steals. I still think his shot release is slow but he hits tough ones and gets off whatever look he wants so that's a wash at the moment and will probably remain one with his size. Looks like he could be a very good wing small ball 4 in the league.

Really like his lil bro too. Can't wait to see the transition to college for both of them.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,412
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#27 » by E-Balla » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:43 pm

I don't see the hype. Not bad but nowhere near Doncic and Ayton as a prospect.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:46 pm

E-Balla wrote:I don't see the hype. Not bad but nowhere near Doncic and Ayton as a prospect.

We should get a better indication against like size but kid checks a good number of boxes to be a player.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#29 » by E-Balla » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Marcus wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I don't see the hype. Not bad but nowhere near Doncic and Ayton as a prospect.

We should get a better indication against like size but kid checks a good number of boxes to be a player.

Yeah he's great in a lot of ways. I think Ayton and Doncic are all time great though.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#30 » by kennydorglas » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Marcus wrote:Watched some full games of his last night. Quicker than I remembered him being. Well paced. Seemed to play with fairly decent IQ offensively. Think he could be more aggressive on the other side of the ball in terms of shot challenging but he did get a couple on ball steals. I still think his shot release is slow but he hits tough ones and gets off whatever look he wants so that's a wash at the moment and will probably remain one with his size. Looks like he could be a very good wing small ball 4 in the league.

Really like his lil bro too. Can't wait to see the transition to college for both of them.

Yeah, I like Jontay too... once he trims a little fat, he'll be hard to stop.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Yeah he's great in a lot of ways. I think Ayton and Doncic are all time great though.

Ayton can be the next great big as long as he plays hard each trip. I'm hoping Miller light a fire under dude with the idea that he can be replaced in the lineup if he doesn't perform. AZ has some bigs coming back next year right?
Watch More Basketball

Derento
Junior

Post#32 » by Derento » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 am

His Workouts before the season
Derento
Junior

Post#33 » by Derento » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 am

Good set of highlights fro Nike HPS
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#34 » by clyde21 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:08 am

Derento wrote:
His Workouts before the season

Looks kinda slow honestly. Not sure how hard he was trying there tho.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,802

Post#35 » by Prez » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 am

Yeah not totally sold that he has the lateral quickness or shiftiness off the dribble to be that next level force offensively. He definitely has other great tools but it just feels like something's missing.
Derento
Junior

Post#36 » by Derento » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 am

He's shot mechanics look picture perfect.
Wonder if he ia natural at coming off screens and moving off ball to shoot.
Could be a great weapon/way to dominant if he isn't shifty enough off the dribble.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#37 » by SirChurros » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Marcus wrote:

I think the hype surrounding high school recruiting has clouded the judgment of a lot of people, myself included, over the last 10-15 years or so. It seems we hear so much about generational prospects, etc, etc. these days that's it's hard to really get a good grasp on what someone is as a player.

I have my doubts about Porter, and I also admittedly don't see what's so special about R.J. Barrett. The whole process has just cautioned me and made me be more skeptical.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#38 » by E-Balla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Marvin Berry wrote:
Marcus wrote:

I think the hype surrounding high school recruiting has clouded the judgment of a lot of people, myself included, over the last 10-15 years or so. It seems we hear so much about generational prospects, etc, etc. these days that's it's hard to really get a good grasp on what someone is as a player.

I have my doubts about Porter, and I also admittedly don't see what's so special about R.J. Barrett. The whole process has just cautioned me and made me be more skeptical.

Yeah I definitely don't get the Barrett hype at all. But I'm not even like that. I watch these guys and with some of them I get the hype. With others I'm just lost. Wiggins was another one where I didn't get the hype while he was in HS as was Random (but I brought in on Randle as a future AS when he was at KU).
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#39 » by reanimator » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Think he can be an elite 2nd option, if he embraces playing off ball and rebounds. Just don't see the spatial awareness or shiftiness to be the guy. Don't ever see him being capable guarding the perimeter but if he can hold his own in the post as a small ball 4 to go along with his shooting versatility then thats a really good prospect.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,684

Post#40 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:38 pm

I would take Bagley over Porter for sure, but we'll have to wait and see what they do. I'm rooting for Benga to develop some offensive skills, because that height to wingspan ratio is just out of this world. He could have the coordination of a 6'11 guy, with like the second biggest wingspan ever recorded? I know traditional centers aren't really hot these days, but that guy could bring back some of the appeal on the defensive end.

Return to NBA Draft