Hamidou Diallo to enter draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Re: Hamidou Diallo to enter draft 

Post#61 » by Fotis St » Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Bucks could draft him at #17. Interesting prospect with huge upside, length. It just screams Hammond's pick.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#62 » by NBAFan93 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:16 pm

I came here to post that I just saw this kid set a record for the highest vertical - something like 43" - dang.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#63 » by bulliedog8 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Is he worth reaching at 16?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#64 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 17, 2017 1:09 pm

He hasn't committed yet has he?
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#65 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 17, 2017 1:12 pm

bulliedog8 wrote:Is he worth reaching at 16?

If you know your not going to be playing him for a while and are willing to pass on more somewhat ready now players. I like him for a team with multiple 1st rounders. I think he goes to the Nets but with the freaky athleticism he showed at the combine he could go teens.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,046

Post#66 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter

The Bucks have been really good in recent years at finding roles for young and raw talents, and finding them roles early on. Diallo checks all the boxes of a Bucks mid-first pick: young, athletic, toolsy, and very long. The only way I see him not in Milwaukee is if a team in front decides to copy the Bucks' recent model, or a team jumps the Bucks because they figure they'll take him.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#67 » by nolang1 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:50 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

If you know your not going to be playing him for a while and are willing to pass on more somewhat ready now players. I like him for a team with multiple 1st rounders. I think he goes to the Nets but with the freaky athleticism he showed at the combine he could go teens.

Yeah, most teams sitting at 15-20 would trade their pick for a top-10 pick the following year, and if Diallo played next year at Kentucky and showed even the tiniest amount of shooting competence he'd easily be in that range.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Hamidou Diallo to enter draft 

Post#68 » by Paradise » Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Diallo scheduled to workout with the Nets tomorrow.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#69 » by reanimator » Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 pm

You better be incredibly confident in your development staff, if you take him.
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#70 » by RipCity71252 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:05 pm

reanimator wrote:You better be incredibly confident in your development staff, if you take him.

Yeah, if the U18's last year are any indication, he's got a long ways to go skill-wise.

I like his aggression (draws a lot of fouls) but too sped up right now. Form on his jumper looks pretty workable though and I think he has some feel to him. Made some pretty nice passes on the move in the games I watched and I think he's got some wiggle/burst off the dribble that gives you hope that he has some ceiling to move past being strictly a straight line driver.

So yeah, you're having to do a whole lot of projecting with him offensively, but I think his tools / willingness to defend gives him a bit of a safety net if he doesn't develop much on the other end.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#71 » by City of Trees » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 am

Since he's only 18 does anyone see him growing into a SF?

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#72 » by Waynearchetype » Thu May 18, 2017 5:47 am

City of Trees wrote:Since he's only 18 does anyone see him growing into a SF?

He is only a few months away from 19. He isn't even the youngest person in the draft. Keep in mind he isn't being drafted out of high school. He was in college, just not soon enough to play for the team.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#73 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 am

I've noted on the Bulls board that where Chicago is at talent wise(the young talent don't have much upside), they need to take a chance on someone like Diallo.

Draft Diallo and play him in the d-league to develop would be ideal.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#74 » by No-Man » Thu May 18, 2017 9:09 am

He is gonna be 19 in two months
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#75 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 pm

Fischella wrote:

He is gonna be 19 in two months

Well damn, I thought he was younger then that. That kinda changes things a tiny bit.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#76 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Apparently Milwaukee has strong interest in him, Diallo says. It's why he chose to work out with them. That means he's gone by 17, but would a team jump on him earlier knowing Milwaukee would take him if he fell to them?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,648

Post#77 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:09 pm

I dont get the Milwaukee interest. Milwaukee needs scorers and guys with ball skills. Milwaukee needs guys that can spread the floor and create some offense, Hammy is so far away from doing any of that. The dudes jumper is horrible and he has a really bad handle. I can get why some team may take a chance on him in the late teens, I just dont get the fit at all for the Bucks.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#78 » by Gam » Thu May 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I dont get the Milwaukee interest. Milwaukee needs scorers and guys with ball skills. Milwaukee needs guys that can spread the floor and create some offense, Hammy is so far away from doing any of that. The dudes jumper is horrible and he has a really bad handle. I can get why some team may take a chance on him in the late teens, I just dont get the fit at all for the Bucks.

The fit is that he could be a home run based on his physical profile. That's like 90% of what Hammond looks for in a first rounder. The other 10% being work ethic which he seems to have as well.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,648

Post#79 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Gam wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I dont get the Milwaukee interest. Milwaukee needs scorers and guys with ball skills. Milwaukee needs guys that can spread the floor and create some offense, Hammy is so far away from doing any of that. The dudes jumper is horrible and he has a really bad handle. I can get why some team may take a chance on him in the late teens, I just dont get the fit at all for the Bucks.

The fit is that he could be a home run based on his physical profile. That's like 90% of what Hammond looks for in a first rounder. The other 10% being work ethic which he seems to have as well.

Hes a worse version of Victor Oladipo when he came out of Indiana. Very similar measurements and athletes but Oladipo's ball skills were far superior and look how good Oladipo is offensively right now. Diallo is probably one of the least skilled if not the least skilled guard in this draft. That is a massive flyer for the 17th pick, especially when there are other guards with high potential who are much better offensive players that would be available then.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#80 » by Gam » Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Gam wrote:

Hes a worse version of Victor Oladipo when he came out of Indiana. Very similar measurements and athletes but Oladipo's ball skills were far superior and look how good Oladipo is offensively right now. Diallo is probably one of the least skilled if not the least skilled guard in this draft. That is a massive flyer for the 17th pick, especially when there are other guards with high potential who are much better offensive players that would be available then.

Well, Dipo was drafted #2 overall and Hami is a bit more than a year younger than Dipo was when he was drafted. I'd argue Hami has a slightly better physical profile, but they definitely are comparable. I also trust our developmental staff more than any club's that isn't the Spurs' and infinitely more than the Magic's staff. That all being said I certainly wouldn't be considering Hami at #2 even in a weak draft like 2013 because there are too many question marks, but at #17 I'd love the pick and think it fits our draft philosophy even if he isn't a great fit right now (there isn't a single guy that should be on the board at #17 that I would call a great fit with our team though, the closest would probably be Ike).

And who would those other guards with high potential who are good offensive players and are available at #17 be? Kennard, Mitchell, Ferguson or Juwan Evans? I wouldn't call Kennard's potential high at all even though I'd love to add a shooter like him, and I think Juwan is great, but he's tiny and not an uber-athlete which will always severely limit his defensive potential, I severely doubt Donovan Mitchell falls to 17, but if he did I'd probably take him over Hami knowing what I know now. I like Hami far more than Ferguson, I'm not going to budge on that one. Those are the only 4 other guards that I'm seeing get mocked from 12-30.

Return to NBA Draft