Who's the best FIT for the Sixers

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Assuming Fultz and Ball got 1 and 2 who's the best fit?

Malik Monk
57%
Josh Jackson
10%
Jayson Tatum
14%
De'Aaron Fox
9%
Jonathan Iaasic
1%
Frank Ntilikina
8%

Total votes: 77

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Re: Who's the best FIT for the Sixers 

Post#41 » by Prez » Sat Jun 3, 2017 9:43 pm

DSJ imo. Has everything it takes to be a superstar offensive PG and has the tools to eventually fit with Simmons.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Re: RE: Re: Who's the best FIT for the Sixers 

Post#42 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Jun 4, 2017 12:16 am

Chris76 wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
Mr Magic Fan wrote:As Magic fan I hope this happens. Just not sure what Sixers would need to close the gap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

At the end of the day the Sixers should be more focused in building a team rather than go BPA. They already have a solid foundation in place with Embiid, Saric and Simmons and could be a contender in the East sooner rather than later with Monk spreading the floor for their current guys to wreak havoc on opposing teams' defenses.

We do not really know who BPA is until after the fact. An example of this is the 2015 draft wherein Philly could have chosen Porzingis, who obviously would have been a better fit with Embiid and back then Noel. That team blew it big time in going for Okafor, who was viewed as BPA back then but definitely was not the best fit. Imagine having KP in that Sixers team right now?

The talent gap between 3 and 6 in this draft is not that huge anyway and it will not be surprising if the ROY or later down the road the best overall player was chosen in that 6th slot. I don't think it should take too much for the Magic to give up to move up unless other teams bid high in their trade proposals for #3.

Monk would be a good fit with his 3 point shooting, but the sixers need perimeter defense, too. Monk may struggle with defense. Jackson and fox seem to be elite defensive prospects. Although, jackson seems to be BPA at 3, he also fits well with simmons. Embiid, Saric, and hopefully Simmons will be able to provide enough spacing to allow jackson's other impactful skills flourish. It would take a lot to move from 3 to 6.

Agree to disagree here but I would not be surprised if there would be one GM here that would bite. Of course I would not know if this is true but I read somewhere that the Kings are high on Fox and could trade 5 and 10 just to move up to 3 to secure him.

Return to NBA Draft