The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Could the first 4 picks be PGs? 

Post#21 » by The_Hater » Tue May 30, 2017 10:03 am

azcatz11 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Ball would be a horrible fit alongside Simmons. These guys are both play makers and need the ball in their hands. Combining them would be a complete disaster. Ball stretching the court is not his game or strong suit.

Horrible? Since when does having multiple ballhandlers and playmakers on the floor together become a bad thing? Should the Warriors break up their roster?

Neither of these guys are shooters. Keep up.

Ball shot 43% from the arc as a freshman. Wake up.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#22 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm

azcatz11 wrote:No, Philly will not be taking a PG. Brett Brown has said multiple times that Simmons is the future as his PG and has described in detail how he will function within the offense / defense.

Just about every high level prospect who has some talent to play point guard is tried out as a point guard their first season. The Sixers are not passing up on an elite prospect because Simmons might be the primary ball handler for a throw away season.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,544

Post#23 » by azcatz11 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:No, Philly will not be taking a PG. Brett Brown has said multiple times that Simmons is the future as his PG and has described in detail how he will function within the offense / defense.

Just about every high level prospect who has some talent to play point guard is tried out as a point guard their first season. The Sixers are not passing up on an elite prospect because Simmons might be the primary ball handler for a throw away season.

We will agree to disagree. I don't think these two guys can play together. This is more than the experiment you are trying to frame also - Simmons has always played the 1.
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#24 » by Ettorefm » Tue May 30, 2017 5:25 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

We will agree to disagree. I don't think these two guys can play together. This is more than the experiment you are trying to frame also - Simmons has always played the 1.

Simmons has never, EVER played the 1. His teammates were Patterson and Blakeney at the guard spots, and he played more minutes at C and PF than any other position. He never even guarded a dude below 6'7

Playmaking doesn't mean playing the 1.
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#25 » by Chris76 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 am

Ettorefm wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

Simmons has never, EVER played the 1. His teammates were Patterson and Blakeney at the guard spots, and he played more minutes at C and PF than any other position. He never even guarded a dude below 6'7

Simmons versatility is very special. He fits well with others. He gives the coach a lot of different options. He takes control of the pace and ball movement. Whoever the sixers pick, he will be able to fit. Simmons will adjust to get the most from them.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,338

Post#26 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed May 31, 2017 3:56 am

The ball doesn't stick in Lonzo's hands. Him and Simmons could work.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Ettorefm
Head Coach
And1: 5,260

Post#27 » by Ettorefm » Wed May 31, 2017 11:30 am

Chris76 wrote:
Ettorefm wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Simmons versatility is very special. He fits well with others. He gives the coach a lot of different options. He takes control of the pace and ball movement. Whoever the sixers pick, he will be able to fit. Simmons will adjust to get the most from them.

Agreed. Also, what's with this idea that Lonzo Ball is Rondo? He plays off the ball perfectly. Also, sucessful teams tend to have multiple initiators.
bagsboy wrote:For two hundred years Democrats stole the productive output of slaves and now they seek to enrich themselves with the productive output from the 'rich'. First, Republicans needed to end slavery and next they need to fix taxation with a flat fair tax.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#28 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed May 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Is Lebron the point guard for the Cavs? If so, then what is Kyrie?

The position labels are all about defense. Simmons isn't guarding any point guards. This whole thread makes no sense.

I think the Sixers could very well take Fox at 3 for his defensive upside at the 1 and his ability to penetrate - two elements the Sixers really lack. It's not like he lacks upside. I could also see the Suns taking Fox at #4. What I can't see is the Suns taking DSJ. So, to answer the question, no.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#29 » by Chris76 » Fri Jun 2, 2017 1:43 am

cosmofizzo wrote:Is Lebron the point guard for the Cavs? If so, then what is Kyrie?

The position labels are all about defense. Simmons isn't guarding any point guards. This whole thread makes no sense.

I think the Sixers could very well take Fox at 3 for his defensive upside at the 1 and his ability to penetrate - two elements the Sixers really lack. It's not like he lacks upside. I could also see the Suns taking Fox at #4. What I can't see is the Suns taking DSJ. So, to answer the question, no.

Fox should be impactful in the nba. I like how he plays thru contact. However, jackson could easily be a 3rd star next to simmons and embiid. It would be dunk city with them. Also, simmons may be able to guard pointguards, at times. He is very fast for his size. I was surprised when his player would in bound the ball after a basket and he would cleverly try to deny the pointguard from receiving the ball. Its a part of his game that he doesn't get much credit, yet.
Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#30 » by Telfaire » Fri Jun 2, 2017 2:07 am

If Sixers decide that Monk is the guy to pair at PG with Simmons, then all first 5 picks could be PG's, with the Suns and Kings drafting Fox and DSJ at one or other order...and I wont be surprised to see Jackson slides all the way to #8

Return to NBA Draft