Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Seth Davis' Annual Article of NBA Scouts breaking down each prospect 

Post#21 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:50 am

EvanZ wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:The 2nd round is full of potential NBA guys. There's not a point in the draft I look at the prospects and go 'teams might as well throw away these picks because these guys clearly aren't NBA caliber'.

The fact that there may be some NBA players in the second round doesn't make a draft "historically" deep. It makes it normal.

That's being disengenuous because you know that's not what I was saying.

Players as deep as 60 in this draft could be as 40 in many drafts.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#22 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 am

GimmeDat wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:The 2nd round is full of potential NBA guys. There's not a point in the draft I look at the prospects and go 'teams might as well throw away these picks because these guys clearly aren't NBA caliber'.

The fact that there may be some NBA players in the second round doesn't make a draft "historically" deep. It makes it normal.

That's being disengenuous because you know that's not what I was saying.

I don't think you could possibly know that.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#23 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:35 am

EvanZ wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

That's being disingenuous because you know that's not what I was saying.

It's an opinion, a projection, just like everything on this board.

I could similarly quote you saying -

EvanZ wrote:
It doesn't look historically, ridiculously deep at all.

It looks pretty bad.

..And say 'I don't think you could possibly know that' as well.

But, in my opinion, Gam's, and I would imagine the majority of the board, this is a deep draft compared to most.

You're just being difficult.
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#24 » by Gam » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:49 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
That's being disingenuous because you know that's not what I was saying.

It's an opinion, a projection, just like everything on this board.

I could similarly quote you saying -

EvanZ wrote:
It doesn't look historically, ridiculously deep at all.

It looks pretty bad.

..And say 'I don't think you could possibly know that' as well.

But, in my opinion, Gam's, and I would imagine the majority of the board, this is a deep draft compared to most.

You're just being difficult.

Preach sistah.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#25 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Hey what can I say I'm a Warriors fan. My standards are pretty high these days.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
ph1sh55
Senior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by ph1sh55 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:29 pm

will be curious where Jordan Bell falls, seems like maybe he could sneak into the end of the first round now, scouts seem to love him.
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,668

Post#27 » by ConSarnit » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 pm

I wonder who he is talking to? Like how can this be a real quote in reference to Josh Jackson:

"If he’s able to shoot, he’ll be a Grant Hill or an Iguodala. If he doesn’t, he’ll be like Corey Brewer, which is still pretty good.”

How can there be any NBA level scouts that thinks that if Jackson ends up "like Corey Brewer" that will still be "pretty good". Does this scout think that if you drafted Corey Brewer 3rd overall you'd be doing "pretty good". If I were an NBA owner I would pay Davis to tell me who said that and if they were part of my organization I would fire that scout immediately.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#28 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:08 pm

ConSarnit wrote:I wonder who he is talking to? Like how can this be a real quote in reference to Josh Jackson:

"If he’s able to shoot, he’ll be a Grant Hill or an Iguodala. If he doesn’t, he’ll be like Corey Brewer, which is still pretty good.”

How can there be any NBA level scouts that thinks that if Jackson ends up "like Corey Brewer" that will still be "pretty good". Does this scout think that if you drafted Corey Brewer 3rd overall you'd be doing "pretty good". If I were an NBA owner I would pay Davis to tell me who said that and if they were part of my organization I would fire that scout immediately.

The difference between Iggy and Brewer is immense, but it has little to do with shooting.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#29 » by jonjames » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 am

EvanZ wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:I wonder who he is talking to? Like how can this be a real quote in reference to Josh Jackson:

The difference between Iggy and Brewer is immense, but it has little to do with shooting.

Ehh iggy ain't great himself..I'd say there's a bigger gap between Hill and iggy than iggy and brewer.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:49 am

jonjames wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Ehh iggy ain't great himself..I'd say there's a bigger gap between Hill and iggy than iggy and brewer.

LMAO. You watch the game tonight bro? :lol:
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#31 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:29 am

EvanZ wrote:
jonjames wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

LMAO. You watch the game tonight bro? :lol:

:sleep2: :rolleyes:
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#32 » by reanimator » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Summing up the article: Scouts are all over the place and have varying opinions.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#33 » by No-Man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm

reanimator wrote:Summing up the article: Scouts are all over the place and have varying opinions.

Summing up, it's Seth Davis, it's trash
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#34 » by SBM » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:23 pm

I agree that John Collins will be able to be an elite level scorer.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#35 » by EvanZ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:24 pm

SBM wrote:I agree that John Collins will be able to be an elite level scorer.

Only if he can shoot 3's.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,868

Post#36 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 pm

I guess none of the scouts interviewed looked at any of the International players.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to NBA Draft