All Things Luka Doncic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Re: Is Luka Dončić 2018 NBA draft 1st pick? 

Post#441 » by XTraderXL » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Its like the debate I had with Mirotic last year when I said Doncic will be getting abut 20 min per game and he said he wont be even close, no way a 18 year old player will be getting that kind of minutes. His avg was 19.9 min and Mirotic said that he was correct))) You are doing the same thing, saying how he was getting blown by when in fact it only happened once. Then you went and looked at the video and started bringing up other defensive mistakes he was making because you realized that he only got blown by once and you had to back up your claim by expanding the narrative. Thats why I said you blatantly made it up and it is 100% correct.

And if someone is emotional its you because you know that I am right so you are trying to defend yourself by pointing out Lukas defensive mistakes which had nothing to do with your original claim. You might think you are being objective but you are far from it.
Wildlinger
Sophomore
And1: 221

Post#442 » by Wildlinger » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:21 pm

XTraderXL wrote:You are doing the same thing, saying how he was getting blown by when in fact it only happened once.

It happened twice against Israel and it happened each and every game during this preparation period. It happened against U-22 Russians as well. He's been among the worst on-ball defenders on his team so far. Possibly the worst on-ball defender. You didn't think that Doncic got blown by even once yesterday and you were clearly proven wrong. So excuse me for not putting any stock in what you think Doncic did in a game. You're obviously not capable of being objective on this topic. If he'll do a good job, I'll write that he did a good job. But I definitely won't be making things up like you clearly did yesterday.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#443 » by XTraderXL » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Again, you are talking about things that have no connection to what was the original topic. You said he was getting blown by by Casspi all game long. Now you are down to 2 times. If I gave you that first time, where is the second time? Also, now you are bringing up other games. The best would be you bring up his games when he was 12 and playing for Union Olimpija. That will make your case even stronger LOL

I presented you with a question to show me where and when he got blown by the second time by Casspi. Waiting for your response...
Wildlinger
Sophomore
And1: 221

Post#444 » by Wildlinger » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:49 pm

XTraderXL wrote:You said he was getting blown by by Casspi all game long. Now you are down to 2 times. If I gave you that first time, where is the second time? I presented you with a question to show me where and when he got blown by the second time by Casspi. Waiting for your response...

Wildlinger wrote:He was late a lot on switches and forgot to box out a few times, though I might have attributed one Gal Mekel blow by to Casspi, who was abusing Doncic all game long.

I never said he was getting blown by all game long, I clearly said he was getting abused on defense all game long. And that's just a fact. Can you tell the difference? I already admitted that I probably attributed one Gal Mekel blow by to Casspi. There were so many so far. It happens. You can't even admit that Doncic got blown by once... and by a stretch four who never blew by anybody in the NBA. You're being completely disingenuous (and I'm using a nice word here), so I'm done with you for now.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#445 » by XTraderXL » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Believe what you want LOL

And if you are at it, go find some clips of him when he was 16 playing for Real senior team. That will make your day for sure))) hahaha
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#446 » by SportsGuy8 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Wildlinger wrote:
SportsGuy8 wrote:You're making the same mistake as those who're convinced Doncic is now an elite shooter, just because he's shooting extremely well on a small sample.

82 games is a small sample size? How about 82 more games?

You did exactly what you accused me of doing. You picked the 2 more or less worst Dragic's 3 point shooting seasons as a response, when he was shooting considerably worse than his first 6 seasons average in the league. You actually used a small sample size compared to his complete body of work. You were being completely disingenuous by posting shot charts from a season when Dragic's 3 point shooting was more than 5% worse than his career averages. Yet he still finished shooting over 50% from the field in one of those 2 seasons even after he got traded. That’s a small sample size compared to 7 seasons (6 to be more precise) of more or less solid 3 point shooting.

Seriously? You're accusing me of doing what YOU did ... AGAIN! :D

I deliberately posted 2 previous years because it followed the exact same pattern as the 3 years before. You say that I was disingenuous because I didn't include the 13-14 year when he shot 40, but that year followed 2 years of him shooting 34 and 32, so basically the exact same pattern.

You're the one selectively choosing seasons that suit your argument. I deliberately added those 2 seasons because when combined with the season you posted, they gave his actual career percentage. Same as the 3 seasons before that. You on the other hand, are trying to include seasons that paint an inaccurate picture, only to support your argument.

This is no way to debate, so I'm out. It's pointless, you're too ridiculous ...

P.s.: As for him shooting over 50% from the field ... Of course, he's a SUPERB finisher around the basket, especially for his position, nobody is denying that.
soulzen
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#447 » by soulzen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 pm

He attempted one single shot in the first half between Turkey and Slovenia, he was/is by far the most efficient scorer on this Slovenian team. I just don't understand it, he has the ability but still holds himself back from time to time.
SportsGuy8
Starter

Post#448 » by SportsGuy8 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Dragic is ON, so he submitted, the same way he submitted when Llull had it going for Real.

Hopefully he develops a bit of an ego as he matures.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#449 » by burek3 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:44 pm

http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/IBBA/642707/bs_en_AU.html

Is he even trying? I hope he's not injured or something...
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#450 » by Mirotic12 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Wildlinger wrote:He's got the potential to be immensely better than all of those players... so, yeah. If he stays in Europe and plays in a top 3 Euroleague team built around him, he could win multiple MVP titles. Maybe easily was a bit hyperbolic on my part, cause we all know what Zaza said: Nothing easy!

He most certainly does not. Potential to be "immensely better" than Bodiroga, Navarro, Spanoulis, Jasikevicius, Sabonis, Manu, etc......

I am sorry, but that is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things ever said in any of these Doncic threads here.

XTraderXL wrote:Its like the debate I had with Mirotic last year when I said Doncic will be getting abut 20 min per game and he said he wont be even close, no way a 18 year old player will be getting that kind of minutes. His avg was 19.9 min and Mirotic said that he was correct))) You are doing the same thing, saying how he was getting blown by when in fact it only happened once. Then you went and looked at the video and started bringing up other defensive mistakes he was making because you realized that he only got blown by once and you had to back up your claim by expanding the narrative. Thats why I said you blatantly made it up and it is 100% correct.

And if someone is emotional its you because you know that I am right so you are trying to defend yourself by pointing out Lukas defensive mistakes which had nothing to do with your original claim. You might think you are being objective but you are far from it.

Again, you say this untrue thing about me. I never said that, yet you keep claiming here over and over that I did.

You said Doncic would for sure play 20-25 minutes through the season (and that also implies average around 22-23 a game), you never said anything about him averaging 20 a game.

I said you were wrong, no way he gets 20-25 every game. I said he would probably average like 18-20.

He in fact did not get even 20 in either ACB or EuroLeague. So yes, factually, I was correct, and you were wrong. Yet you keep claiming here, the opposite, that I was wrong, and you were right, and changing the prediction you actually made (20-25 a game), to maybe average about 20 (which in fact he didn't even do either).

Last time we had this same discussion I asked you nicely to please stop making this false claim here in these forums about what I said. You apologized, and said you would not do it again.

And then, here we go again, you said it again in this post.

It's totally uncalled for that you keep claiming I made a claim that I didn't make, and you keep asserting you were right on something you were actually wrong about. You are making me look like I am trolling, when I did no such thing at all, and in fact was actually right on the issue, when you were the one who was wrong about it.

Again, please stop saying I said that, when I did not. I have asked you nicely now twice not to keep saying that.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#451 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:18 am

Wildlinger wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:You said he was getting blown by by Casspi all game long. Now you are down to 2 times. If I gave you that first time, where is the second time? I presented you with a question to show me where and when he got blown by the second time by Casspi. Waiting for your response...

Wildlinger wrote:He was late a lot on switches and forgot to box out a few times, though I might have attributed one Gal Mekel blow by to Casspi, who was abusing Doncic all game long.

I never said he was getting blown by all game long, I clearly said he was getting abused on defense all game long. And that's just a fact. Can you tell the difference? I already admitted that I probably attributed one Gal Mekel blow by to Casspi. There were so many so far. It happens. You can't even admit that Doncic got blown by once... and by a stretch four who never blew by anybody in the NBA. You're being completely disingenuous (and I'm using a nice word here), so I'm done with you for now.

To be blown by once is really a tragedy in modern basketball. And yes, Casspi is really incredible bad 1 one 1 player. https://youtu.be/WB7cB2tUYuc
I guess other prospects are playing every day against much better players than Casspi. Wait the minute, where're other prospects playing? NBA? No. Euroleague? No. National team? No. NCAA? No. Where then? In the school. :D :D :D
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#452 » by XTraderXL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Yeah, this video clearly shows Casspi has never blown by anyone in the NBA. It happened multiple times on various defenders in that game alone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is engaging in hyperbole?

Clownish statement mate :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#453 » by XTraderXL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Mirotic
Yes, I said he will avg 20-25 min which means he could avg anywhere between 20 and 25 min. He averaged 19.9 min across all competitions so I was off 0.1 min which is a whopping 6 seconds))) You said no way that he will average even close to that. Also you dodnt say he will be getting 18-20 min, this you just made up. I went through your posts and you never said it.
So tell me who was correct? My prediction was off 6 seconds per game, and you said he will not average close to that, no kid his age would on a team like Real Madrid.

And I wont even get into the Atic debate, go back and read what you wrote about him in comparison to Doncic :crazy: :crazy: You called Atic a better player and a better prospect before the 16/17 season and look how the season played out...
narcolepsy
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#454 » by narcolepsy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:13 pm

I havent been on this forum for 6 months and you guys are still having the 20 minute debate :lol: :lol:
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#455 » by BoardCrusher » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:33 pm

SportsGuy8 wrote:Dragic is ON, so he submitted, the same way he submitted when Llull had it going for Real.

from what we have seen so far, we cant say he has any problems letting more experienced take the lead if asked of him.
Unfortunately, the game was closed for public, so we can only speculate, but it couldev been he was asked from the coach to put in more of a defensively orientated performance then in previous games.

Its just my guess, but coach clearly wouldnt limit the best scorrer in these prep games if he hadnt some other thing planed.
SportsGuy8
Starter

Post#456 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:07 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
SportsGuy8 wrote:Dragic is ON, so he submitted, the same way he submitted when Llull had it going for Real.

from what we have seen so far, we cant say he has any problems letting more experienced take the lead if asked of him.
Unfortunately, the game was closed for public, so we can only speculate, but it couldev been he was asked from the coach to put in more of a defensively orientated performance then in previous games.

Its just my guess, but coach clearly wouldnt limit the best scorrer in these prep games if he hadnt some other thing planed.

The thing is, I don't think it's the coach(es) asking him to submit, I think he does it himself when he sees someone is ON. In a way it's a very good characteristic to have, majority of the players (especially in the NBA) have a completely opposite problem, but such lack of an ego has it's downsides, especially when someone is as good/talented as he is.

Players of his caliber simply need to have quite a bit of an ego, or else their talent/abilities get wasted a bit ...
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#457 » by XTraderXL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 pm

SportsGuy8 wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:

The thing is, I don't think it's the coach(es) asking him to submit, I think he does it himself when he sees someone is ON. In a way it's a very good characteristic to have, majority of the players (especially in the NBA) have a completely opposite problem, but such lack of an ego has it's downsides, especially when someone is as good/talented as he is.

Players of his caliber simply need to have quite a bit of an ego, or else their talent/abilities get wasted a bit ...

I 100% agree with this. I think he is not selfish enough but thats his character. I read an article which said that he was always like this, when he was 8-9 years old he was tying shoe laces before practices/games for his younger team mates who couldnt do it for themselves yet. He also showed what a good guy he is after Copa del Rey final when he was the only player of Madrid who went to the opposing team and gave them their respect when other Real players were celebrating on the court. That shows how mature and unselfish he is as a person but I agree, he could use more ego on the court when he is playing.

I think he will figure it out in the future, right now he respects hierarchy too much. He has a very similar situation in Real and NT where the teams best players are PGs so if they are on fire, he respects it too much. He already proved that he can score in volumes and do what he is asked to do when they need him to do it. He is a smart guy so he will find the right balance in the future.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#458 » by Mirotic12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:00 am

XTraderXL wrote:Mirotic
Yes, I said he will avg 20-25 min which means he could avg anywhere between 20 and 25 min. He averaged 19.9 min across all competitions so I was off 0.1 min which is a whopping 6 seconds))) You said no way that he will average even close to that. Also you dodnt say he will be getting 18-20 min, this you just made up. I went through your posts and you never said it.
So tell me who was correct? My prediction was off 6 seconds per game, and you said he will not average close to that, no kid his age would on a team like Real Madrid.

And I wont even get into the Atic debate, go back and read what you wrote about him in comparison to Doncic :crazy: :crazy: You called Atic a better player and a better prospect before the 16/17 season and look how the season played out...

Just please stop saying I said things that I did not. I also did not say Atic was a better player and prospect for last season. I never said any such thing. I said he might not even play last season because he was ineligible under foreign player rules.

I simply said he is a very good talent, which he is, and anyone that can't see that has a lack of basketball knowledge. You keep twisting my words. Just please stop doing so. You are being asked nicely.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#459 » by Bob8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 am

Nobody expected, I for sure didn't, that kind of season Doncic had. 8/4/4 maybe doesn't look great. But Doncic was 17 last year and the next young player in Euroleague was Guduric with 21. And it's not the same if you're playing for Red Star or Real. It's not only about his numbers, his influence on Real 's game was much bigger. He saved Real many times, was 4 times Mvp of the Round and had some really great individual performances, like against Maccabbi when he almost made triple double and became second player in Euroleague era(after 2000) to do that. So XtraderXl was pretty close with his prediction. And some others with constantly repeating 8/4/4 still undermanning what he really achieved.;)
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#460 » by XTraderXL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 am

Anyway, Doncic might be better than Atic in a couple of years, but right now I would definitely rather have Atic. He's a better ball handler, he's a better finisher, he's a better passer, he's a at least a comparable play maker, he's a better one to one player, he's more explosive, he's got a more defined position, he's much quicker, and he's a much better athlete. Doncic is a better long range shooter.

This is what you wrote on September 18, 2016. You said you would definitely rather have Atic. In your opinion he is better at everything except long range shooting. If I wouldnt know who you are talking about I would think you are comparing LeBron to JJ Redick. So please tell me how you did not say he is better? I guess you are getting old since you keep forgetting things you said a year ago...

Return to NBA Draft