Ingram
20%

Total votes: 44

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Michael Porter vs. Brandon Ingram 

Post#1 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:10 am

Who's the better (or will be) the better prospect? Explain.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,665

Re: Michael Porter vs. Brandon Ingram 

Post#2 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 am

Porter. Superior athlete and superior jumper. He also has the body where he should be a pretty strong dude in his prime. I think Ingram is going to be the much better defender but I dont think it will make up enough for the potential Porter has an offensive force.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#3 » by brackdan70 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:55 pm

seems like Porter pretty easily to me.
Sign here
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Tough one, Porter has the superior ceiling due to athleticism and his jumpshot been better at an earlier stage, but if he doesnt pan out he might be a one-dimensional scorer that doesnt fit well with a winning culture, Ingram is the safer prospect and he might rely less on athletic tools and more on steady things like length, skill, etc.

Ultimately the draft is about the high ceiling plays so I'd go with MPJ for now, but that might change depending on how good the jumper really is+his floor game.
KobesScarf
Veteran
And1: 602

Post#5 » by KobesScarf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Porter has superior jumper, waaaaaay stronger, better rebounder, and better ball handling
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#6 » by GimmeDat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:57 am

I do think it's close, maybe closer than a poll might suggest, but Porter has to get the edge imo. Got to see more of Porter though.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#7 » by ItsThatEasy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 am

Where is this athleticism you guys are seeing from Porter?

He doesn't seem particularly explosive at all. Super skilled and fluid but he doesn't jump out as an athlete to me. Straight line speed sure, lateral quickness yes. But his leaping and first step don't look anymore appealing than Jayson Tatum to me.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#8 » by reanimator » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am

KobesScarf wrote:Porter has superior jumper, waaaaaay stronger, better rebounder, and better ball handling

Porter is a better handler? That along with spatial awareness as a passer 2 of my biggest questions. I have no doubts Ingram will be able to run PnR on high volume down the line.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 am

ItsThatEasy wrote:Where is this athleticism you guys are seeing from Porter?

He doesn't seem particularly explosive at all. Super skilled and fluid but he doesn't jump out as an athlete to me. Straight line speed sure, lateral quickness yes. But his leaping and first step don't look anymore appealing than Jayson Tatum to me.

I have more question about his latest quickness than his hops. The dude gets up, especially when compared to Ingram or Tatum.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#10 » by Worst_to_First » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:45 am

At the NBA level Porter's short wingspan relative to height will not give him much of an advantage against 4's and he will need to improve his handles to be effective as an SF.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Post#11 » by Upperclass » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Two busts.. in different ways
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#12 » by CptCrunch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:41 pm

PSA: Brandon Ingram is 19 years old. He was the second youngest player last year.

Porter is the better prospect now. He needs to play a year in college before we determine which one was better pre-draft.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#13 » by 13th Man » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 am

I'm really high on MPJ, I would bet $ on him being the #1 pick next year. In fact, I will be waiting for that prop if there is such a thing. I think that he can play in the NBA right now and would have taken him #1 this year had he been in the draft.
Lazy10
Junior
And1: 179

Post#14 » by Lazy10 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 am

13th Man wrote:I'm really high on MPJ, I would bet $ on him being the #1 pick next year. In fact, I will be waiting for that prop if there is such a thing. I think that he can play in the NBA right now and would have taken him #1 this year had he been in the draft.

Bamba or Ayton is going to be #1 pick. Be prepared to lose that money :lol:
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#15 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Porter doesn't seem to have good ball handling. More of a straight-line driver and doesn't have much wiggle in his dribble.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,284

Post#16 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Lazy10 wrote:
13th Man wrote:I'm really high on MPJ, I would bet $ on him being the #1 pick next year. In fact, I will be waiting for that prop if there is such a thing. I think that he can play in the NBA right now and would have taken him #1 this year had he been in the draft.

I actually think Bagley will be lol

Personally not that high on Bamba right now. I see he definitely has potential due to his insane length but I like Ayton's skill level more than his. But of course with age and development Bamba can further close that gap but just my personal preference because likewise Ayton will also be developing and could/should become even more deadly with time.

But OT, I would easily take Porter Jr. who has been a more dominant scorer and more skilled overall.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Lazy10
Junior
And1: 179

Post#17 » by Lazy10 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 8:00 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Lazy10 wrote:

I actually think Bagley will be lol

Personally not that high on Bamba right now. I see he definitely has potential due to his insane length but I like Ayton's skill level more than his. But of course with age and development Bamba can further close that gap but just my personal preference because likewise Ayton will also be developing and could/should become even more deadly with time.

But OT, I would easily take Porter Jr. who has been a more dominant scorer and more skilled overall.

I'm taking either of the 3 big men all day everyday. More potential and all are 2 way players. Porter is just one way
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,827

Post#18 » by Prez » Tue Sep 5, 2017 9:15 pm

I think Ingram has way more potential as a ballhandler/creator and that matters a lot imo. I know it's just SL but in his one game he showed me a lot with his new confidence, aggressiveness, fluidity, handles, smoother shot, and looks stronger too. He looked terrible for a while early on but he's now starting to show the outline of a legit franchise player.

It's absurd how young he is, only a couple months older than Lonzo. I wasn't sure if he could get there but I now fully believe he's on the PG13/Giannis trajectory of constant improvement from just a bundle of tools to legit all-around star.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 5, 2017 9:58 pm

Prez wrote:I think Ingram has way more potential as a ballhandler/creator and that matters a lot imo. I know it's just SL but in his one game he showed me a lot with his new confidence, aggressiveness, fluidity, handles, smoother shot, and looks stronger too. He looked terrible for a while early on but he's now starting to show the outline of a legit franchise player.

It's absurd how young he is, only a couple months older than Lonzo. I wasn't sure if he could get there but I now fully believe he's on the PG13/Giannis trajectory of constant improvement from just a bundle of tools to legit all-around star.

I agree with this. Ingram is the much better ballhandler and better vision and creator with the ball. My biggest question mark with Ingram still is his jumper. I personally dont ever see it being consistent. There is just something about it that almost has like a catapult motion to it, I dont know if its because he bends his shooting elbow so much when he shoots, but he seems to really struggle with the distance of his shot, happens with his FTs as well. He doesnt really miss left or right that often, its just the distance hes always off on and with his form, I think it will be hard to fix. I just think Porter is going to be the far more superior scorer. Now if Tatum can become a legit efficient scorer Id probably give him the edge because of defense and ballhandling/creating.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#20 » by Baller1234a » Tue Sep 5, 2017 10:14 pm

Tatum vs Ingram vs Porter
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]

Return to NBA Draft