Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,878

Deng Adel 

Post#1 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 am

This is a bit of a niche player discussion, I know he's mocked as a 2nd rounder in most places, but as an Australian I'm interested to gauge what people think of him.

Does he have legitimate NBA potential? Do you think he's set to take a jump this year?
PLO
Veteran
And1: 1,223

Re: Deng Adel 

Post#2 » by PLO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:56 am

Louisville played today on ESPN and I came away reasonably impressed with this kid's prospects. I thought he was Sudanese but obviously via Australia. Add him to the tranche of players as possible draftees at the SF/SG positions. First time I've seen him and I think he has an NBA future, whether its via the draft or some other way I'd be guessing.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 am

I’m not a fan of him at all. Don’t think he actually gets drafted. I like Charles Matthews over him and I have him as like the 12th best SF. I doubt there will be that many SFs even drafted. He has an NBA body, has NBA athleticism and is from a high profile school (even barring controversy) so I see him definitely getting a shot. Maybe getting a lot of minutes from a ridiculous team like the Pelicans, but I don’t think he has a strong chance.
PLO
Veteran
And1: 1,223

Post#4 » by PLO » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:02 am

He has a prototypical East-African body, long spindly arms and legs, rounded torso but admittedly he doesn't look that athletic (no surprise given if you want quick-twitch muscles, generally look in the direction of the West-Africans, the East Africans are the long-distance runners if you are generalising) . I think he'll get a shot just based on his defense. Can't teach that length.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

Return to NBA Draft