Mikal Bridges

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,434

Re: Mikal Bridges 

Post#141 » by baldur » Sun Apr 1, 2018 8:52 am

So where do you project him at at the moment? He is likely going to get the chip.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#142 » by BlueSan » Sun Apr 1, 2018 2:07 pm

I dislike comparing players to other players but as far as mock draft goes I have him at 4 overall and have posted this last week
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,105

Post#143 » by The-Power » Sun Apr 1, 2018 2:33 pm

baldur wrote:So where do you project him at at the moment? He is likely going to get the chip.

On my board? #3 or #4 behind Doncic and Jackson, and perhaps behind Porter if his workouts go well and medical records are clean. Not sure about Porter, though.

Where I believe he goes? Anywhere from #4 to #8 seems realistic at this point depending on where teams pick. Doubt he goes before Doncic and Ayton, and I also see at least the team with the 3rd pick going with more perceived upside (be it Bagley, Jackson, Bamba, Porter or, although much less likely now, Young). Don't expect other players (Sexton, Carter, Miles Bridges etc.) picked ahead him after this season of his, though.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,782

Post#144 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Apr 1, 2018 5:04 pm

Bridges is like Elliott, Kittles from past years, or like Middleton in terms of guys playing currently.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#145 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun Apr 1, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah, he is 4 or 5 for me. Guy is a winner, a gym-rat and everything you want your 2nd star to be.

Don't see how tanking teams take him before Ayton-Doncic-Bagley. It's a toss between him, Jackson Jr and Porter. No way Sexton, Mamba or Yound (lol) go before him.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
MachoMan
Junior
And1: 176

Post#146 » by MachoMan » Mon Apr 2, 2018 2:35 am

I like Mikal Bridges, but at almost 22 years old, I do not see him coming off the board until the #8-#12 range.
"I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!" - Randy Savage
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#147 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Apr 2, 2018 2:43 am

I think Sacramento will take either Bridges or Porter @ 6.
Sphynx
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#148 » by Sphynx » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:05 am

Will be at the 76ers next year imo.

He either goes at 6-9 and the 76ers trade up to get him, they have plenty of seconds to entice someone like the Kings for instance.

Or he goes 10-12 and they take him with the Lakers pick anyway.

3-D off ball guy to have off the bench replacing Covington.

He's absolutely perfect for what they are building, local Philly boy, mum works at the 76ers, all makes sense.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,988

Post#149 » by kennydorglas » Mon Apr 2, 2018 10:37 pm

Mikal is literally a cheat code.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#150 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue Apr 3, 2018 12:56 pm

MachoMan wrote:I like Mikal Bridges, but at almost 22 years old, I do not see him coming off the board until the #8-#12 range.

Passing on him solely because of age will be a huge mistake for a lot of teams. His skill set is tailor made for this NBA.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,535

Post#151 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:06 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:
MachoMan wrote:I like Mikal Bridges, but at almost 22 years old, I do not see him coming off the board until the #8-#12 range.

Passing on him solely because of age will be a huge mistake for a lot of teams. His skill set is tailor made for this NBA.

Agreed. With his shooting prowess, he could be a better defending Mikal KLAY Thompson.

(Another guy who played collegiately for 3 seasons and then was drafted in the lottery at age 21.)
kane0801
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#152 » by kane0801 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:13 pm

efficiency 3&D player with high motor,can switch to def 1-4

his floor is otto porter,ceiling.....maybe kawhi
MachoMan
Junior

Post#153 » by MachoMan » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:16 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
LeBron_da_Don wrote:

Agreed. With his shooting prowess, he could be a better defending Mikal Thompson.

(Another guy who played collegiately for 3 seasons and then was drafted in the lottery at age 21.)

Mychal Thompson? #1 Pick in 1978 draft? He played all 4 years of college eligibility @ Minnesota and was 23 years old when drafted.
"I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!" - Randy Savage
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#154 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:21 pm

Donavan Mitchell of this draft absolutely love him

Sixers at 10 or 11 is perfect match
Raptors til death
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,535

Post#155 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:30 pm

MachoMan wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
LeBron_da_Don wrote:

Agreed. With his shooting prowess, he could be a better defending Mikal Thompson.

Mychal Thompson? #1 Pick in 1978 draft? He played all 4 years of college eligibility @ Minnesota and was 23 years old when drafted.

that WAS A FREUDIAN SLIP ON MY PART. I WAS GOING FOR an even more controversial comparison: KLAY Thompson.
MachoMan
Junior

Post#156 » by MachoMan » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:31 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:Donavan Mitchell of this draft absolutely love him

not a 76'ers fan....but it sure seems like a match made in heaven with that Lakers pick....but I could see Chicago or New York grabbing him before Philly gets on the clock.
MachoMan
Junior

Post#157 » by MachoMan » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
MachoMan wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

that WAS A FREUDIAN SLIP ON MY PART. I WAS GOING FOR an even more controversial comparison: KLAY Thompson.

I should have saw that...makes much more sense now.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,105

Post#158 » by The-Power » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:35 pm

kane0801 wrote:his floor is otto porter,ceiling.....maybe kawhi

Otto Porter is nobody's floor in this draft, he has silently become a pretty good player on a winning team on both ends of the floor with a highly portable skill-set. He's become an absolutely integral part on that Wizards team.

But I continue to like the comparison to Porter the most when it comes to realistic outcomes (i.e. certainly not the floor, but also not necessarily the ceiling) for Mikal. Somewhat less advanced ballhandling skills (not super important in that role, however) but arguably more disruptive on defense. We have to wait and see if he can get to Porter's efficiency from behind the arc at the next level, though.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#159 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:38 pm

MachoMan wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Donavan Mitchell of this draft absolutely love him

not a 76'ers fan....but it sure seems like a match made in heaven with that Lakers pick....but I could see Chicago or New York grabbing him before Philly gets on the clock.

well than someone will drop in that case win win
Raptors til death
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,038

Post#160 » by mg » Tue Apr 3, 2018 2:22 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:

Porter, Butler, Klay...alot of these guys were 22 when they came in the league and teams paid for passing on them. Not comparing him to any of those guys but like Bridges they all have skill, size, and intangibles for today's NBA.
Leading his team to the national championship doesn't hurt either.
I have him as a top 5 pick. Maybe on paper he might not have the so called ceiling of someone like Bagley but Mikal's floor is so much higher. He will be a very good player at the next level. Could very likely end up as a 2nd banana type on a a deep playoff team which is a huge hit in any draft. Big wings with his skillset have a very high rate of success in today's NBA.

Return to NBA Draft