Temetrius "Ja" Morant

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Temetrius "Ja" Morant 

Post#441 » by No-Man » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:06 pm

His limitations as a passer when they muck one side of the court have been an issue, I think I got some stuff right and other things wrong, I am still not sure if you can build with him as the guy but he has looked better as a potential off-ball player
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#442 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 pm

Fischella wrote:His limitations as a passer when they muck one side of the court have been an issue, I think I got some stuff right and other things wrong, I am still not sure if you can build with him as the guy but he has looked better as a potential off-ball player

I haven't noticed that about his passing. He's very ambidextrous and can make strong 1 handed passes with either hand. He played the 2 a couple years ago in one of those off-season HS tournaments and did not do well, but his jump shot has improved since then. He's had turnover issues so far, but that's very common for rookie PG's, and I don't think it's a long-term concern. He's on his way to becoming an outstanding player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#443 » by No-Man » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Fischella wrote:His limitations as a passer when they muck one side of the court have been an issue, I think I got some stuff right and other things wrong, I am still not sure if you can build with him as the guy but he has looked better as a potential off-ball player

I haven't noticed that about his passing. He's very ambidextrous and can make strong 1 handed passes with either hand. He played the 2 a couple years ago in one of those off-season HS tournaments and did not do well, but his jump shot has improved since then. He's had turnover issues so far, but that's very common for rookie PG's, and I don't think it's a long-term concern. He's on his way to becoming an outstanding player.

yeah no, he is not, it's been a problem
LSandersBong
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#444 » by LSandersBong » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:29 pm

He's allready an elite playmaker and passer, not sure what the advantage would be in having him in an off ball role? The grizzlies were expected to be one of the worst teams in the league this year and their allready contending for a playoff spot , mostly in thanks to Jah , what does it take to be considered a piece to build around?

I'm glad I jumped on the Jah train early, his 3 point percentage was average to poor in college however he shot 5-6 a game from memory so good reps and every team he played he was allays heavily defended, great athlete and a great passer. Not sure if he'll remain shooting the 3 in the 40's but he'll remain solid to good from range.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#445 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:30 pm

Fischella wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

yeah no, he is not, it's been a problem

Yeah yes. I saw it last season, and it was obvious.

Edit: Not to mention, here's a quote from The Stepien in his scouting report: "Great whip passes with either hand (including out of a dribble/hard move)." And hopefully I don't need to post videos of his 1 handed flying dunks with either hand.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#446 » by The_Hater » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm

Not sure I understand this comment, Ja is already an outstanding NBA passer and looks like a guy who could lead the league in apg a few times. He’s got natural gifts here that just can’t be taught. I don’t see a weakness here at all.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#447 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:45 pm

LSandersBong wrote:

He's allready an elite playmaker and passer, not sure what the advantage would be in having him in an off ball role? The grizzlies were expected to be one of the worst teams in the league this year and their allready contending for a playoff spot , mostly in thanks to Jah , what does it take to be considered a piece to build around?

I'm glad I jumped on the Jah train early, his 3 point percentage was average to poor in college however he shot 5-6 a game from memory so good reps and every team he played he was allays heavily defended, great athlete and a great passer. Not sure if he'll remain shooting the 3 in the 40's but he'll remain solid to good from range.

there's always benefit to being able to play off-ball, it unlocks different lineups and makes you infinitely more versatile.
LSandersBong
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#448 » by LSandersBong » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 am

Yeah I understand your point there, but i'd still much rather have him handling the rock and being the primary play maker with the ability to play off ball and be a secondary ball handler in certain situations.Just seems like it would be a misuse of his talent if he mainly played in an off ball role
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#449 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:24 am

LSandersBong wrote:Yeah I understand your point there, but i'd still much rather have him handling the rock and being the primary play maker with the ability to play off ball and be a secondary ball handler in certain situations.Just seems like it would be a misuse of his talent if he mainly played in an off ball role

i'd much rather him do both, like I wish a guy like Harden would be a better off-ball player so you can run some different sets while he's on the court
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Post#450 » by MemphisX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:50 am

Read on Twitter
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g

Return to NBA Draft