Kevin Knox

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Kevin Knox 

Post#41 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:44 am

He's soft, but his offensive arsenal is growing on me, if he can toughen up some to play the 4, I think he could end up being a long term starter and therefore a steal in this draft if taken where mostly projected in the role player range.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#42 » by No-Man » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am

There is a difference between been fast or adecuate in the open court, and Knox is that, and been quick on-ball, Knox plays in sand when he dribbles, def not quick, he has nice body control and tons of strength though, I def think he can be better than he has shown esp if he has more driving ability (some were quite high on this coming out of HS and UK def not the right ecosystem to showcase it) but quickness is not a strength
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#43 » by PLO » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:40 am

^ ^ his workout tape is on youtube and was posted this week, that's when he's rested and at his best and supposed to be showing out. I get he's tall but if you look at that, let alone his college tape, there's no way you could call him "quick".
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#44 » by Veggamattic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 am

I ask myself if I could see Knox being better than Mikal Bridges in 3 years when he is that age and the answer is hell ya. Easily.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#45 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am

Veggamattic wrote:I ask myself if I could see Knox being better than Mikal Bridges in 3 years when he is that age and the answer is hell ya. Easily.

Knox reminds me of a lesser Rudy Gay. He'll be good but Mikal will likely be one of the best two way SG in the league right there with Klay. In order for Knox to be "easily" better he'd need to be KD and that doesn't seem at all likely.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#46 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:56 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:I ask myself if I could see Knox being better than Mikal Bridges in 3 years when he is that age and the answer is hell ya. Easily.

Knox reminds me of a lesser Rudy Gay. He'll be good but Mikal will likely be one of the best two way SG in the league right there with Klay. In order for Knox to be "easily" better he'd need to be KD and that doesn't seem at all likely.

So you don't think that in 3 years Knox will be playing at a level better than this years Bridges huh. Well...I sure do. Bridges is not THAT impressive and Knox is so young. I see a ton of upside. I don't remember Bridges as an 18 year old but I would be surprised if he was even close to as good as Knox is now.
DrazenReznik
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#47 » by DrazenReznik » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 am

Veggamattic wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

So you don't think that in 3 years Knox will be playing at a level better than this years Bridges huh. Well...I sure do. Bridges is not THAT impressive and Knox is so young. I see a ton of upside. I don't remember Bridges as an 18 year old but I would be surprised if he was even close to as good as Knox is now.

Knox isnt going to sniff bridges ceiling. Dont be silly.

Theres nothing about knox that says impressive. Nothing.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#48 » by Veggamattic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 am

DrazenReznik wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

So you don't think that in 3 years Knox will be playing at a level better than this years Bridges huh. Well...I sure do. Bridges is not THAT i.mpressive and Knox is so young I see a ton of upside. I don't remember Bridges as an 18 year old but I would be surprised if he was even close to as good as Knox is now.

It's so easy to say that when your memory of him is not as an 18 year old. He is not the defender that Bridges is but frankly defense is just not as important as offence no matter what it is trendy to say. Knox has much more offensive upside. His floater is one of the best in the business for his size and the floater is a very underrated weapon. I agree that Bridges looked better this year but as an 18 year old Bridges was still in high school and as a 19 year old he wasn't even on the draft radar. Even as a 20 year old he wasn't as good as Knox is already. You can even see a big improvement in Kevin's game since the beginning of the year.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#49 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:58 pm

DrazenReznik wrote:

That's just plain silly.

Knox at 18 is waaaaaay better than Bridges was at 19 so I don't know how you can make this statement with such confidence. Knox has an offensive arsenal and will only getting better. Isn't Bridges' ceiling that of a 3 and D type? He is 3 years older than Knox and somehow better as a prospect? :o
'
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#50 » by jonjames » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Iim surprised hes not rated higher by some mocks i see him projected in late lottery..but given his talent and ceiling thats really good value for teams. His athleticism is easily on same level as giannis and kd. i could see knicks selecting him at #9 if young and porter jr are unavailable.
SixerfanOH
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#51 » by SixerfanOH » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:46 pm

jonjames wrote: His athleticism is easily on same level as giannis and kd.

Pass me what your smoking.
PLO
Analyst

Post#52 » by PLO » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:21 am

LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
arh1109
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#53 » by arh1109 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 pm

D.J. Knox – Draymond Green

A highly touted prospect from Kentucky, D.J. Knox had a somewhat underwhelming season at Kentucky. He has great size at 6’9 and a standing reach of 9’1. He is a great athlete at the next level both vertically and agility. He has many tools to score at the next level including decent dribbling, floaters, and shooting. He averaged 1.8 threes a game so he has 3&D potential which is good for a power forward in today’s game. Doesn’t get to the free throw line enough given his scoring abililty. Settles for jumpshots too often. His defense and rebounding metrics are very poor, and he seems to be strictly an offense focused player at this stage. His ceiling is fairly high though given his talent and physical gifts. I think he has all star potential and will likely be a pretty solid scorer at the next level.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,451

Post#54 » by Slim Charlez » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 am

He seems like a complete bust to me. Good athlete (not great) but doesn't seem to excel at anything really. You are just kinda hoping he puts it together
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#55 » by OGLife » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:28 am

DrazenReznik wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

You don’t draft a guy just on potential. You draft on who will hit their ceiling the quickest. If you’re good at your job, once said guy hits 30, you’ll already have the guy in house to replace his role.
KP6
Rookie
And1: 619

Post#56 » by KP6 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Has summer league changed anyone mind? Lot of NBA podcasts are goshng over him.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#57 » by DrCoach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:21 am

A lot of people are lookin very stupid already

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
PLO
Analyst

Post#58 » by PLO » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 am

Looks great so far and I'm prepared to eat crow should the need arise.

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#59 » by No-Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am

I was high on him related to consensus but even I didn't expect him to look this good, credit to the kid, he is in much better shape than at UK, clearly more explosive, moving better

I still don't think he can be your star type combo-F cause I don't want him making advanced decisions or gobbling up too much usage, but if he can be something between Rudy Gay and Tobias Harris, that's a good starter at a hard hard position to find those, so it's obviously a win
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#60 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Fischella wrote:I was high on him related to consensus but even I didn't expect him to look this good, credit to the kid, he is in much better shape than at UK, clearly more explosive, moving better

I still don't think he can be your star type combo-F cause I don't want him making advanced decisions or gobbling up too much usage, but if he can be something between Rudy Gay and Tobias Harris, that's a good starter at a hard hard position to find those, so it's obviously a win

You thought he was slow

Return to NBA Draft