To people who follow H.S. ball closely how would you rank the next few classes in terms of NBA potential?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Re: To people who follow H.S. ball closely how would you rank the next few classes in terms of NBA potential? 

Post#21 » by The-Power » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Marcus wrote:
The-Power wrote:I'm intrigued to see Isaiah Todd's (2020) development. He could become an absolute beast with the right mentality.

Just got caught up on this kid and no surprise that you're the one to drop the first mention I've seen. You're absolutely right though. Kid can be scary good if he decides to put the work in to be great. He appears to be exactly where the league is headed right now.

Great toolbox but still so much to learn. Defensive intensity, learning to not fall in love with the jumper, physicality, rebounding – all aspects of the game he's really struggling with right now, but a lot of that is normal for young bigs and/or stars on their HS team. We'll see where he ends up but there's certainly much to like in terms of physical profile coupled with pretty advanced perimeter skills.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: To people who follow H.S. ball closely how would you rank the next few classes in terms of NBA potential? 

Post#22 » by Marcus » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:26 pm

The-Power wrote:
Marcus wrote:
The-Power wrote:I'm intrigued to see Isaiah Todd's (2020) development. He could become an absolute beast with the right mentality.

Just got caught up on this kid and no surprise that you're the one to drop the first mention I've seen. You're absolutely right though. Kid can be scary good if he decides to put the work in to be great. He appears to be exactly where the league is headed right now.

Great toolbox but still so much to learn. Defensive intensity, learning to not fall in love with the jumper, physicality, rebounding – all aspects of the game he's really struggling with right now, but a lot of that is normal for young bigs and/or stars on their HS team. We'll see where he ends up but there's certainly much to like in terms of physical profile coupled with pretty advanced perimeter skills.

yeah at that age with that size a kid is always going to have questions, especially a kid this talented. I just hope he's willing to learn and grow mentally and physically. I need him to understand how special he can be whilst fully embracing the necessary work it will take to get there. Definitely on my radar though.

Also like Jalen Green and lil Bags in that same class.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
TYO23
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#23 » by TYO23 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Jalen Lecque has interesting physical tools. It’ll be interesting to see if he tracks as a PG or combo guard this upcoming summer.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#24 » by Marcus » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:07 pm

TYO23 wrote:Jalen Lecque has interesting physical tools. It’ll be interesting to see if he tracks as a PG or combo guard this upcoming summer.

Posted vids of him in one of these threads. Kid has ridiculous bounce.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#25 » by nolang1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Watched some of NSU vs. Oak Hill earlier and Scottie Barnes (2020) might be a better prospect than his teammate Vernon Carey Jr. (consensus top 2 player in 2019). Barnes is 6'7-6'8 with a very long wingspan (probably 7'2" at least) and looks great at basically everything except shooting. He's not super aggressive in looking for his own shot but is excellent at getting points off cuts and offensive rebounds and has some point forward skills.
TYO23
Sophomore

Post#26 » by TYO23 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:16 am

Marcus wrote:
TYO23 wrote:Jalen Lecque has interesting physical tools. It’ll be interesting to see if he tracks as a PG or combo guard this upcoming summer.

Yeah he’s really intriguing. Scottie Barnes as mentioned in this thread..RJ Hampton has added some explosiveness as well.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by Marcus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:18 am

TYO23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Yeah he’s really intriguing. Scottie Barnes as mentioned in this thread..RJ Hampton has added some explosiveness as well.

RJ I need to find some game clips of. The highlights were good but just didn't get a great feel for him. I need to see decision making and distro from him to better gauge what I'm feeling about him. Scottie I'm going to look into a little going forward as well.
Watch More Basketball

TYO23
Sophomore

Post#28 » by TYO23 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:24 am

Marcus wrote:
TYO23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

RJ I need to find some game clips of. The highlights were good but just didn't get a great feel for him. I need to see decision making and distro from him to better gauge what I'm feeling about him. Scottie I'm going to look into a little going forward as well.

I believe there’s a shot Scottie plays for the USA U-18 team this summer as he’s in the age pool so that’ll help to evaluate him.
nolang1
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by nolang1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:37 am

TYO23 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
TYO23 wrote:

I believe there’s a shot Scottie plays for the USA U-18 team this summer as he’s in the age pool so that’ll help to evaluate him.

He'll be playing RJ Barrett and Montverde tomorrow on ESPN (noon Eastern).
nolang1
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by nolang1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:02 pm

N'Faly Dante got good reviews at the Hoop Summit as the youngest player there:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/hoop-summit-world-five-star-n-faly-dante-headlines-tuesday-takeaways

Class of 2020 big man N'Faly Dante is already very highly thought of. He's proven to be a top 10 prospect in the sophomore class, but after seeing the strides he's made at the World team's Tuesday practice, I'm having a hard time thinking I could rank nine players in his class ahead of him.

Pushing 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-5 wingspan and a 240-pound frame, Dante is at least a top three or four player in the class and likely needs to be in the discussion for 2020's top spot at this point.

He's huge, he can make mid-range jumpers, he's got a motor and athleticism. Dante's activity on the glass, as a scorer in the post and a rim protector, drew a lot of rave reviews from the assembled throng of NBA execs.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#31 » by SlowPaced » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:12 pm

nolang1 wrote:Precious Achiuwa ('19) and N'Faly Dante ('20).

With those names they're bound to be in the NBA.
nolang1
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by nolang1 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:30 am

SlowPaced wrote:
nolang1 wrote:Precious Achiuwa ('19) and N'Faly Dante ('20).

With those names they're bound to be in the NBA.

With the way they've played lately, they do appear even closer to that goal. Achiuwa is up to 4th and Dante is up to 6th in the new 247 composite rankings.

One player who's really blown up is Jaden McDaniels, who moved from 89th to 10th in the 2019 class in the course of 12 EYBL games. He's a 6'8" versatile wing who, like his older brother Jalen, rebounds and finishes in traffic surprisingly well for someone who's very skinny/physically underdeveloped. Aidan Igiehon also moved up a lot and looks like he'll be the first player born in Ireland to be drafted; he's a very good athlete at 6'10" and seems to be extremely intelligent and hard-working.

Tyrese Maxey recently committed to Kentucky and I think he's underrated as the 14th-ranked player in the class; he definitely looks like a more likely one-and-done lottery pick than a few of the players ahead of him. I think recruiting analysts tend to overrate the floor general type of point guards relative to the scoring ones (who get mislabeled as undersized combo guards) who are more valuable in the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft