Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Re: Daniel Gafford 

Post#41 » by nolang1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 am

logical_art wrote:Bump.

Not sure why this guy is getting mocked as low as he is. He's got excellent size (weight a surprising 237 at the combine and still had elite athletic testing), is one of the most athletic and fluid bigs I've seen, and has had good college production.

Why isn't he viewed as a top half of the first round prospect?

Because he didn't get much better from his freshman to sophomore year and centers as a whole aren't that valuable.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#42 » by logical_art » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:
logical_art wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
just not a very valuable archetype at this point, more of a 2nd unit C.

Then why is Hayes being mocked in the lottery?

almost 2 years younger, better FT shooter, better finisher, more potential as a roll man, more potential as a spot up guy down the line from the mid-range/baseline area, etc.

but u can certainly make an argument that Hayes doesn't belong in the lotto do to his archetype as well

Gafford is a better defender in space, or at least has the potential to be, which is huge for the modern NBA. He's one of the most agile bigs I've ever seen.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#43 » by 916fan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:29 am

Gafford is going to drop the same reason why Collins dropped.. and I don't get it. If he falls past the 20s, everyone is going to wonder how this athletic scoring big man with his shot blocking and rebounding skills dropped as far as he did.

If he didn't have the film to match the production, then that's one thing.. but he does.

Return to NBA Draft