Re: Elie Okobo 

Post#41 » by mhd » Sat May 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Is D'Angelo Russell a good comparison?
Gam
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#42 » by Gam » Sat May 26, 2018 1:44 pm

mhd wrote:Is D'Angelo Russell a good comparison?

Not really. I think he's more similar to Trae Young than any current NBA PG. A bigger lefty heathy IT is a solid comp IMO.
Gam
Bench Warmer

Post#43 » by Gam » Sat May 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Not really. I think he's more similar to Trae Young than any current NBA PG. A bigger lefty heathy IT is a solid comp for his ceiling IMO.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#44 » by pickIBL » Sun May 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Gam wrote:

Not really. I think he's more similar to Trae Young than any current NBA PG. A bigger lefty heathy IT is a solid comp IMO.

Okobo should be a sure fire lotto pick and will be a better NBA player than Trae Young.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#45 » by No-Man » Sun May 27, 2018 2:45 pm

He is similar to Jeff Teague imo
Gam
Bench Warmer

Post#46 » by Gam » Sun May 27, 2018 5:00 pm

pickIBL wrote:
Gam wrote:

Okobo should be a sure fire lotto pick and will be a better NBA player than Trae Young.

Wouldn't surprise me.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#47 » by stitches » Sun May 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Fischella wrote:He is similar to Jeff Teague imo

If Jeff Teague was automatic from 3... and much better passer and playmaker... and decision maker... and not as quick. In other words... not really. I don't see this comparison at all.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#48 » by No-Man » Sun May 27, 2018 7:01 pm

stitches wrote:

If Jeff Teague was automatic from 3... and much better passer and playmaker... and decision maker... and not as quick. In other words... not really. I don't see this comparison at all.

Okobo isn't precisely a brilliant passer and playmaker, work in progress there, he isn't as quick as Teague, but quickness is def a strong asset for him, as for shooting, they are similar, Teague was worse at the same age but he also grew up when shooting wasn't as important, and has been a solid shooter for his archetype
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#49 » by PLO » Mon May 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Fischella wrote:
stitches wrote:

Okobo isn't precisely a brilliant passer and playmaker, work in progress there, he isn't as quick as Teague, but quickness is def a strong asset for him, as for shooting, they are similar, Teague was worse at the same age but he also grew up when shooting wasn't as important, and has been a solid shooter for his archetype

Where do you think Okobo goes in a "normal" draft?
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#50 » by No-Man » Mon May 28, 2018 1:14 pm

PLO wrote:
Fischella wrote:
stitches wrote:If Jeff Teague was automatic from 3... and much better passer and playmaker... and decision maker... and not as quick. In other words... not really. I don't see this comparison at all.

same as this year, late 1st or so, broadly in the 20s somewhere
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#51 » by stitches » Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm

I disagree with the characterization of his passing and playmaking. From what I watched he was making the right pass and play close to 100% of the time. This is the thing that impressed me the most. He was making advanced reads off the pnr without hesitation and with great patience and timing. And his passes had great accuracy to them. He is closer to CP3 than to Teague passing-wise and playmaking-wise. Whenever I tally my final board he will very likely be in my top 10(or close to it). He's the most impressive player I've watched that is supposed to go out of the lottery in quite some time. If the Jazz get him at 21 (or trade up for him) I'd be jumping with joy...
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#52 » by BadWolf » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Did anyone mention gane 2 stats? 14 points with solid efficiency in a blow out.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#53 » by PLO » Mon May 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Fischella wrote:
PLO wrote:
Fischella wrote:Okobo isn't precisely a brilliant passer and playmaker, work in progress there, he isn't as quick as Teague, but quickness is def a strong asset for him, as for shooting, they are similar, Teague was worse at the same age but he also grew up when shooting wasn't as important, and has been a solid shooter for his archetype

same as this year, late 1st or so, broadly in the 20s somewhere

So last year's draft the same?
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.

Return to NBA Draft