Sekou Doumbouya ('19)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Re: Sekou Doumbouya ('19) 

Post#61 » by pad300 » Mon May 6, 2019 4:18 pm

King Ken wrote:The issue with the Grant or Siakam comparisions is those guys have 5 inches on him with their wingspan

Pascal Siakam has a measured 7'3" wingspan. https://www.nbadraft.net/players/pascal-siakam
Jerami is 7'2.75" https://www.nbadraft.net/players/jerami-grant

5" less than that is 6'10". Doumbouya is 6'10" according to reports. Your eyes telling you he has T-rex arms? I don't see it.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Post#62 » by pad300 » Mon May 6, 2019 4:19 pm

pad300 wrote:
King Ken wrote:The issue with the Grant or Siakam comparisions is those guys have 5 inches on him with their wingspan

Pascal Siakam has a measured 7'3" wingspan. https://www.nbadraft.net/players/pascal-siakam

5" less than that is 6'10". Doumbouya is 6'10" according to reports. Your eyes telling you he has T-rex arms? I don't see it.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#63 » by clyde21 » Mon May 6, 2019 7:11 pm

he's probably 6'9" with a 6'11 wingspan. that's probably his biggest shortcoming physically...ideally it'd be 7+ but I think there's enough there athletically and mobility wise to make up for it.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#64 » by Stillwater » Sun May 12, 2019 1:59 am

I don't buy those listed ws being current... but if so yeah that's a big difference.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#65 » by MemphisX » Sun May 12, 2019 2:19 am

Something about him is just off to me. Would not draft him at all.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stillwater » Sun May 12, 2019 2:24 am

MemphisX wrote:Something about him is just off to me. Would not draft him at all.

He is a freak athlete or he would not be a lottery pick per say based on current skill level.
However he is a freak athlete and has shown rapid improvement and is still very young.

The odds he is an elite NBA defender are almost a given, what else he becomes will depend on the work he puts in, and roght now it looks pretty promising.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#67 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun May 12, 2019 4:13 am

pad300 wrote:
pad300 wrote:

when he had just turned 17 y/o he was measured with a 6'11" wingspan and 8'11" standing reach. Siakam has a 8'11.5" standing reach. I'm assuming he's grown since and he's above 7' wingspan and 9' standing reach by now. This puts him right alongside guys like Michael Porter Jr. and Kuzma. Basically, for a modern day NBA 4, this is great and in combination with his leaping ability and defensive instincts, he's going to be a damn good defensive 4. It's why I have him as potentially equal or better than Zion as an NBA prospect
clyde21
RealGM

Post#68 » by clyde21 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:28 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
pad300 wrote:
pad300 wrote:Pascal Siakam has a measured 7'3" wingspan. https://www.nbadraft.net/players/pascal-siakam

when he had just turned 17 y/o he was measured with a 6'11" wingspan and 8'11" standing reach. Siakam has a 8'11.5" standing reach. I'm assuming he's grown since and he's above 7' wingspan and 9' standing reach by now. This puts him right alongside guys like Michael Porter Jr. and Kuzma. Basically, for a modern day NBA 4, this is great and in combination with his leaping ability and defensive instincts, he's going to be a damn good defensive 4. It's why I have him as potentially equal or better than Zion as an NBA prospect

woah, im a huge Sekou fan but let's chill.

not even close.
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#69 » by MemphisX » Sun May 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Stillwater wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Something about him is just off to me. Would not draft him at all.

He is a freak athlete or he would not be a lottery pick per say based on current skill level.
However he is a freak athlete and has shown rapid improvement and is still very young.

The odds he is an elite NBA defender are almost a given, what else he becomes will depend on the work he puts in, and roght now it looks pretty promising.

He is a good athlete. Not freakish at all. Explosion is not good at all. ANd his length is just ok. Defensive instincts are not on a level that I would even guarantee he is going to be a good NBA defender let alone an elite one.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#70 » by Stillwater » Sun May 12, 2019 10:59 pm

MemphisX wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

He is a good athlete. Not freakish at all. Explosion is not good at all. ANd his length is just ok. Defensive instincts are not on a level that I would even guarantee he is going to be a good NBA defender let alone an elite one.

The underlined is laughable... he is extremely explosive.
the bold is debateable as many of the measurements available are from when he was 17. I think it's highly probable he has a longer standing reach and ws than what you are thinking going by those measurements. newer footage clearly shows better length.
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#71 » by MemphisX » Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Stillwater wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
Stillwater wrote:He is a freak athlete or he would not be a lottery pick per say based on current skill level.

the bold is debateable as many of the measurements available are from when he was 17. I think it's highly probable he has a longer standing reach and ws than what you are thinking going by those measurements. newer footage clearly shows better length.

You think he is a freakish athlete by NBA standards? Really? Find me a highlight of his freakish athleticism. Your standards are very low for athleticism if you think he is a freak athlete.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#72 » by Stillwater » Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 am

MemphisX wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

You think he is a freakish athlete by NBA standards? Really? Find me a highlight of his freakish athleticism. Your standards are very low for athleticism if you think he is a freak athlete.

it's effortless for him... barely has to use up any energy to get elevation, this is a sign of elite explosiveness
watch some of this :
sportfan6197
Senior
And1: 321

Post#73 » by sportfan6197 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:34 am

Stillwater wrote:

i have not studied tape ok Sekou at all and i'm not OP, so pardon my ignorance, but i DO wonder if given the current hype of Giannis exploding, along with Embiid/Siakam's success, if this will sort of turn into a "finding the next dirk" situation where these international, lengthy raw guys get ovehyped
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#74 » by Stillwater » Mon May 13, 2019 12:08 pm

:lol:
sportfan6197 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

i have not studied tape ok Sekou at all and i'm not OP, so pardon my ignorance, but i DO wonder if given the current hype of Giannis exploding, along with Embiid/Siakam's success, if this will sort of turn into a "finding the next dirk" situation where these international, lengthy raw guys get ovehyped

yeah seems thats true... but since the hype started hes done nothing but improve so i think its becoming a stronger reality that he will achieve greatness long term.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#75 » by Coeur » Mon May 13, 2019 4:38 pm

This guy has got to be looked at hard by pretty much every team from 3-20

Doumbouya, Rui, deandre Hunter, Brandon Clarke? I honestly think this year is way different and each of those guys is best for different teams and different situations.

I like this guy to the wizards, Cavs, or Knicks
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#76 » by Ruzious » Tue May 14, 2019 12:26 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
pad300 wrote:
pad300 wrote:Pascal Siakam has a measured 7'3" wingspan. https://www.nbadraft.net/players/pascal-siakam

I don't agree, but I love this post - making a bold statement that he obviously believes - and giving the reasons for it. Well done.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#77 » by Illmatic12 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Reminder.. he is a CHILD. Born in Dec 2000.
Imagine if he were to play NCAA ball next season, how high would he go in the draft?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#78 » by Stillwater » Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 pm

This sleeping giant will go 4-8
clyde21
RealGM

Post#79 » by clyde21 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:06 am

hes really shouldnt make it out of the top 5 or 6 hes that good
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#80 » by GimmeDat » Sun May 19, 2019 12:21 am

Can Sekou play any 3 or is he a PF through and through?

Trying to find clips from his 34 point game now.

Return to NBA Draft