Luka Doncic Part III

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JPF
Sophomore
And1: 92

Re: Luka Doncic Part III 

Post#1061 » by JPF » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Luka needs to be more agressive tonight. When he gets switched he needs to at least try getting past the big man, instead of repetitive fakes and a pull up.
I also missed some attempts getting into Antetekoumpo's body, when bringing the ball up-court. He might need some more experience for that, but he could get his defenders into foul troubles earlier.
Should be an interesting game, I don't think it will be as one sided as the previous one.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#1062 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:34 pm

these 2 fouls he made just cant believe this stuff...
AJ3
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#1063 » by AJ3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:42 pm

BlueSan wrote:these 2 fouls he made just cant believe this stuff...

You can see how much PAO's defense studied Luka's offense tho, they seem Quite lost when he is not the one leading offense.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#1064 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Luka showing what he's made of, man if he's doing this against PAO, imagine what he'll do against top notch all defensive level talent in the NBA
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1065 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 pm

to be honest he didnt lead much of the offense anyway. Very passive no aggression, tempo...energy... so far poor from Luka
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#1066 » by BadWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Rooting for Real feels so wrong...
BadWolf
General Manager

Post#1067 » by BadWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Btw, Doncic gained a lot of weight since last summer.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1068 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 pm

haha these comments about weight are becoming ridiculous.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#1069 » by peZt » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 pm

I don't really have an opinion on Doncic. No idea how he will turn out in the NBA, I'm kind of doubtful about him but wish him the best.
But I really wonder what kind of excuses will be thrown out after tonights game. Feels like every time he has a poor performance (and that tends to happen more regularly lately) there's always some excuses ready. "He's played so many games, he's exhausted needs a rest", "the defense was completely focused on him, everybody would struggle in that situation", "well his body just isn't in great shape"
So yeah, really curious what it will be tonight.

I already see it coming tho that he's gonna be huge in the second half and I'm gonna eat my words

I would be really scared about picking him in the top 5 if I was a GM. And the worst part is, if he busts, then I fear it will hurt Euro Prospects for a long time. If the greatest 18 year old in european history fails in the NBA, well then we should really be more careful about drafting Euros, a lot of ignorant people will probably think. So yeah that's why I sincerely hope he succeeds in the NBA but like I said I really have my doubts about him
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1070 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:14 pm

pathetic from Doncic
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#1071 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:21 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Luka showing what he's made of, man if he's doing this against PAO, imagine what he'll do against top notch all defensive level talent in the NBA

Yeah, you can just extrapolate two games to a whole career, that's a smart argument...
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#1072 » by BoardCrusher » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:21 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Very ignorant comment, not all Americans are attention whores just like not all Euro/Eastern hemisphere guards are busts.

Did you forget to take your meds again or you just took too much today?

Wow what a clever comeback, mocking mental illness? You are a class act.

And you have multiple posts criticizing Americans, yet here you are on an American board, talking about an American league. Why is that? because Euroleague is closer to the G-League than the NBA?

If by mental illness you mean your trolling, I would say diagnosis is spot on
Donka_fan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1073 » by Donka_fan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm

And you get all this from the 5 min he played out of 20 mins.
Nothing to do with coaching and the team mates.
Unbelievable. As I said numerous times. This kind of game is a building block in Doncics development.

Hope Real wins it, regardless of Doncic-s performance.
Enjoy the game. Cheers
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#1074 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm

peZt wrote:I don't really have an opinion on Doncic. No idea how he will turn out in the NBA, I'm kind of doubtful about him but wish him the best.
But I really wonder what kind of excuses will be thrown out after tonights game. Feels like every time he has a poor performance (and that tends to happen more regularly lately) there's always some excuses ready. "He's played so many games, he's exhausted needs a rest", "the defense was completely focused on him, everybody would struggle in that situation", "well his body just isn't in great shape"
So yeah, really curious what it will be tonight.

I already see it coming tho that he's gonna be huge in the second half and I'm gonna eat my words

I would be really scared about picking him in the top 5 if I was a GM. And the worst part is, if he busts, then I fear it will hurt Euro Prospects for a long time. If the greatest 18 year old in european history fails in the NBA, well then we should really be more careful about drafting Euros, a lot of ignorant people will probably think. So yeah that's why I sincerely hope he succeeds in the NBA but like I said I really have my doubts about him

Way to overreact. Doncic's floor is very high, there is very little chance he busts, one of the safest picks in recent years.
BadWolf
General Manager

Post#1075 » by BadWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:26 pm

BlueSan wrote:haha these comments about weight are becoming ridiculous.

Why?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#1076 » by The-Power » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Luka showing what he's made of, man if he's doing this against PAO, imagine what he'll do against top notch all defensive level talent in the NBA

Yeah, you can just extrapolate two games to a whole career, that's a smart argument...

Just leave this poster be. The pursued agenda with regard to Doncic is as obvious as it is weak and silly, and it has been confirmed many times that he is not interested in any type of reasonable discussion about Doncic and European basketball. Not much that separates daoneandonly and peja anymore, so everybody should know to best not engage and take the bait.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#1077 » by The-Power » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm

peZt wrote:I would be really scared about picking him in the top 5 if I was a GM.

Because of the backlash from fans if he doesn't pan out or because of all the proven college talent available? Doncic has been a great player in Euroleague – no matter how he ends this season – and that as an 18/19 year old. A understand some doubts with respect to his ceiling but he is as safe of a draft prospect as they come, not many prospects over the past decade can match his floor as a solid contributor.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1078 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm

BadWolf wrote:

Why?

its a job of the fitness trainer to keep the players on track if they go off coach staff knows about it and reacts. I do agree h is not in a best condition but be sure Real is overseeing his weight and everything.
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1079 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Dončič is playing so bad it is beyond belief.
BadWolf
General Manager

Post#1080 » by BadWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:46 pm

BlueSan wrote:
BadWolf wrote:

Why?

its a job of the fitness trainer to keep the players on track if they go off coach staff knows about it and reacts. I do agree h is not in a best condition but be sure Real is overseeing his weight and everything.

So you agree with yet my comment is ridiculous?
Anyway, he looks afraid to drive vs Singleton and Gist. He'll meet better and more athletic defenders on every drive in nba. Haven't seen him so passive anytime before.

Return to NBA Draft