Re: Luka Doncic Part III 

Post#1081 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 pm

yeah its been overstated, its not so bad as people are making it out to be
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,473

Post#1082 » by Revived » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm

It’s funny that people are flipping out over Doncic struggling in the first 2 games of the Euro playoffs at 19 years of age but nobody cares about a 3 year NBA vet like KAT struggling in the first 2 games of the NBA playoffs at 22 years of age.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,232

Post#1083 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Doncic is very passive. He looks shook mentally. Reminds me bron in 2011. So it's not like he wont learn and bounce back.

When doncic passes the ball, he stays near half court, but his man still stays with him and bodys him up lol
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#1084 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm

BadWolf wrote:
BlueSan wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
Why?

its a job of the fitness trainer to keep the players on track if they go off coach staff knows about it and reacts. I do agree h is not in a best condition but be sure Real is overseeing his weight and everything.

So you agree with yet my comment is ridiculous?
Anyway, he looks afraid to drive vs Singleton and Gist. He'll meet better and more athletic defenders on every drive in nba. Haven't seen him so passive anytime before.

agree with this... and not to mention all three of his fouls which result in a passive defense by him so yeah personally for me huge disapointment how he approached these games
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1085 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Revived wrote:It’s funny that people are flipping out over Doncic struggling in the first 2 games of the Euro playoffs at 19 years of age but nobody cares about a 3 year NBA vet like KAT struggling in the first 2 games of the NBA playoffs at 22 years of age.

yeah wel australian and mitchell dont so...since he is in consideration for number 1...
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1086 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm

he makes a forced 3 he plays bad on defense and gives a three just headache stuff
lambchop
General Manager

Post#1087 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Man pana basically only have US players and pappas minutes have dwindled. Btw where is campazzo?
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#1088 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:01 pm

The-Power wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Luka showing what he's made of, man if he's doing this against PAO, imagine what he'll do against top notch all defensive level talent in the NBA

Yeah, you can just extrapolate two games to a whole career, that's a smart argument...

Just leave this poster be. The pursued agenda with regard to Doncic is as obvious as it is weak and silly, and it has been confirmed many times that he is not interested in any type of reasonable discussion about Doncic and European basketball. Not much that separates daoneandonly and peja anymore, so everybody should know to best not engage and take the bait.

Argument would probably carry more of a punch if it wasn't from a believer of Frank Passive/Scared Ntkinna. The guy has shown nothing outside of PnR defense, so perhaps we both carry some bias

As I said 15 times, my fave player all time Dirk Nowitzki, no Euro hate.

I mentioned Luka's non existent D, first step, and explosiveness countless times, yet only argument back is I don't like Euro players.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,582

Post#1089 » by MemphisX » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Revived wrote:It’s funny that people are flipping out over Doncic struggling in the first 2 games of the Euro playoffs at 19 years of age but nobody cares about a 3 year NBA vet like KAT struggling in the first 2 games of the NBA playoffs at 22 years of age.

Nobody has been saying KAT was the best player in the NBA either.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Donka_fan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1090 » by Donka_fan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Something wrong with Luka today. He is differing constantly. Does not want the ball today. That much is obvious!
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#1091 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 pm

BlueSan wrote:

yeah wel australian and mitchell dont so...since he is in consideration for number 1...

KAT absolutely deserves any criticism that comes his way, he's been trash in the playoffs and you are 100% correct in that comparison
Donka_fan
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#1092 » by Donka_fan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Steal of the game by Luka. Go REAL!
uvlOzzy
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1093 » by uvlOzzy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Donka_fan wrote:Something wrong with Luka today. He is differing constantly. Does not want the ball today. That much is obvious!

Or it is just Laso's gameplan to move Doncic and his defender as far away from the game and make place for others as he noticed that Pao will try do to anything possible to stop him.

I am not saying that he has a good game, because he obviously doesn't. But lets not forget that the only important thing for Real today is that they win and apparently he must be doing something like they asked him too if he is on the floor for the whole second half...
BlueSan
Sixth Man

Post#1094 » by BlueSan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Donka_fan wrote:Something wrong with Luka today. He is differing constantly. Does not want the ball today. That much is obvious!

those are coaches instructions he goes on right wing position and doesnt rush it not even when he gets a bloack to go past Calathes etc... so those are instructions from the coach
lambchop
General Manager

Post#1095 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Doncic getting his feet wet for the first time. Probably the most intense game he has played in. Higher intenstiy and more physicality than nba REGULAR SEASON. He failed this test. Still an excellent learning experience
lambchop
General Manager

Post#1096 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:20 pm

BlueSan wrote:

those are coaches instructions he goes on right wing position and doesnt rush it not even when he gets a bloack to go past Calathes etc... so those are instructions from the coach

Today he's basically the prototypical euro point guard. Bring the ball up court, pass, proceed to relax in the corner. Panas man is so stuck to luka that theyre allowing madrid to play 4 on 4 when he's off the ball
AJ3
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#1097 » by AJ3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Stealing that ball and hitting all his FT, at least a sign of life.
lambchop
General Manager

Post#1098 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm

So doncic despite parking in the corner for the majority of the game and not making a single shot on 3 attempts still has a PER of 18
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#1099 » by The-Power » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm

lambchop wrote: He failed this test.

lambchop wrote:Panas man is so stuck to luka that theyre allowing madrid to play 4 on 4 when he's off the ball

If it worked as a coaching strategy, then how exactly did he fail?
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#1100 » by Mirotic12 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Like I said, just use the normal basic defense strategy on Nick Calathes - make him a shooter and river, instead of a passer and creator, and he can't do a thing on offense and his team will almost always lose.

Happens to Panathinaikos in every EuroLeague playoffs, and happens to the Greek national team in every big elimination game (because the clown ownership of Panathinaikos also controls the Greek federation).

It's really shocking how simple this all is. I'm not sure what Laso was thinking in game 1, other than he was experimenting for some reason.

Calathes has the absolute fatal flaw for any point guard to a team's half court offense - the total inability to shoot from anywhere on the court outside of about 10-12 feet from the basket.

lambchop wrote:So doncic despite parking in the corner for the majority of the game and not making a single shot on 3 attempts still has a PER of 18

That's not PER. It's PIR. Two completely different stats.

Return to NBA Draft