Luka Doncic Part III

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Re: Luka Doncic Part III 

Post#2761 » by kb02 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:02 pm

DryPaint wrote:i see the hawks as the ones who in no way would let him slip by #3 if he is there then. otherwise my optimal scenario is the following:

1 - ayton - suns (it all points to it)

2 - bagley - kings (the kings are rebuilding and are looking for a big, as i doubt they would compromise the fox healdy bogdanovic thing they think have going on, by adding another tall guard to that mix. and i guess their timeline is not win next year and draft the best guy available (doncic) but build for the next 3-5 seasons. thats where bagley fits better

3 - jaren jackson - hawks - in my eyes the most unlikely team to pass on doncic if he is there. in case they do (they keep schroder + add jaren jackson as their 5), then it would be possible doncic slips to #4. to my favourite:

4 - DONCIC - grizzlies. - he gets to a playoff culture (until this past season). gets the starting sf spot. conley is a cool dude and would accept him, and mesh with him instant. gasol and his 3-4 good years he has left in him will be the reyes of this past seasons for him. a bunch of high iq guys used to relative winning. and you could see him in the playoffs in his first season already. wich wont happen in sacramento, nor phoenix nor atlanta nor in dallas, where the young bucks will take 2-3 years to measure their horns, whos team will it eventualy become. memphis could be doncic town in 3 years.

dallas as an alternative sounds kind ok, but on the second look it really isnt. dirk is there only for this season, and wont help him out on the court, as he is a dinosaur on the court, barnes is a hole in my opinion, and also playing his spot at the SF. dennis smith jr. has to go the iverson / westbrook solo route in order to have succes in the nba, so he would not have any benefit from him. other then the coach, they got little to none to offer for his starting 2-3 years.

Kings PF/C: WCS, Skal, Giles, & Hayes on first contracts. Zbo and Kosta on vet contracts. There is no pressing need for a young big.
DrazenReznik
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#2762 » by DrazenReznik » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:19 pm

kb02 wrote:
DryPaint wrote:i see the hawks as the ones who in no way would let him slip by #3 if he is there then. otherwise my optimal scenario is the following:

2 - bagley - kings (the kings are rebuilding and are looking for a big, as i doubt they would compromise the fox healdy bogdanovic thing they think have going on, by adding another tall guard to that mix. and i guess their timeline is not win next year and draft the best guy available (doncic) but build for the next 3-5 seasons. thats where bagley fits better

3 - jaren jackson - hawks - in my eyes the most unlikely team to pass on doncic if he is there. in case they do (they keep schroder + add jaren jackson as their 5), then it would be possible doncic slips to #4. to my favourite:

4 - DONCIC - grizzlies. - he gets to a playoff culture (until this past season). gets the starting sf spot. conley is a cool dude and would accept him, and mesh with him instant. gasol and his 3-4 good years he has left in him will be the reyes of this past seasons for him. a bunch of high iq guys used to relative winning. and you could see him in the playoffs in his first season already. wich wont happen in sacramento, nor phoenix nor atlanta nor in dallas, where the young bucks will take 2-3 years to measure their horns, whos team will it eventualy become. memphis could be doncic town in 3 years.

dallas as an alternative sounds kind ok, but on the second look it really isnt. dirk is there only for this season, and wont help him out on the court, as he is a dinosaur on the court, barnes is a hole in my opinion, and also playing his spot at the SF. dennis smith jr. has to go the iverson / westbrook solo route in order to have succes in the nba, so he would not have any benefit from him. other then the coach, they got little to none to offer for his starting 2-3 years.

Kings PF/C: WCS, Skal, Giles, & Hayes on first contracts. Zbo and Kosta on vet contracts. There is no pressing need for a young big.

We arent going to act like those guys are good or something are we?
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#2763 » by arkuo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Kings need to take Doncic at #2 so the rest of the bigs in the draft can go further down the list.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#2764 » by kb02 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm

DrazenReznik wrote:
kb02 wrote:

We arent going to act like those guys are good or something are we?

Wouldn't expect you to rate them as promising pieces. Revisit this comment in a month or so after Giles shows out at the Sac and Vegas Summer Leagues.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#2765 » by Archx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm

At this point i basically only care that he gets to a team who has a coach that knows what he is doing. People say Kings coach is terrible and i certainly would not want him to be there. Also having some good players around him would do the trick. Anyone who expects that he will turn around a franchise by himself is delusional.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#2766 » by OrlandoDream » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm

I suspect Luka will drop. Ayton is a lock at #1 but the other bigs such as Bagley, Bamba, and JJJ jave been generating continuous buzz these last few weeks. Have been killing their workouts and raisin eyes. Then with Luka we dont know if he will stay overseas or come to the NBA next season. He doesn't seem as committed and that is hurting his value. In a draft with so many skilled big men, a euro guard which have historically busted more than any other type of players, is my candidate to drop. He is still a top 5 pick for me, but not in the same class as Ayton....not even top 3.
Nikson
Junior
And1: 79

Post#2767 » by Nikson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:I suspect Luka will drop. Ayton is a lock at #1 but the other bigs such as Bagley, Bamba, and JJJ jave been generating continuous buzz these last few weeks. Have been killing their workouts and raisin eyes. Then with Luka we dont know if he will stay overseas or come to the NBA next season. He doesn't seem as committed and that is hurting his value. In a draft with so many skilled big men, a euro guard which have historically busted more than any other type of players, is my candidate to drop. He is still a top 5 pick for me, but not in the same class as Ayton....not even top 3.

Yeah. Good reasoning.
"We" do not know if he will stay overseas or come to NBA.
Who do not know? Do you know someone who think he will not come to NBA this season?
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#2768 » by Wilfried » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

What position will Luka play in the NBA?
Is he a PG/SG or a SG/SF?
Rn5ho
Junior
And1: 376

Post#2769 » by Rn5ho » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 am

Wilfried wrote:What position will Luka play in the NBA?

Imo best would be Point Forward.
Nikson
Junior
And1: 79

Post#2770 » by Nikson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am

There will be a new position from next season. It’s called LD. EMJ and LB in 80’s were almost LD in some way. But not quite.
DryPaint
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#2771 » by DryPaint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 am

he will play the SF spot with frequent creator - pg duties.
saphan
Freshman
And1: 230

Post#2772 » by saphan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 am

On offense as a playmaker. He can do that as a PG or as a SG/SF. Depends on the roster/coach, but this is something he does almost every game in Spain, playing all three 1-3 positions in the game (depends which teammates are on the floor).

On defense I believe he'll mostly guard SF, but of course this too depends on the match up. He won't be a lock down defender, but I think he can be a good team defender that won't be hurting his own team.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#2773 » by burek3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Initiator @ 2.

I don't know what that translates to... Twos are usually SG, right?
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#2774 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 pm

I think he will be a point forward on offense and defend SF on defense. I trust his ability to keep up with the physicality of SF more so than the speed of SG. Albeit his defensive liabilities are overstated in terms of foot speed.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,216

Post#2775 » by lambchop » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:02 pm

saphan wrote:

On offense as a playmaker. He can do that as a PG or as a SG/SF. Depends on the roster/coach, but this is something he does almost every game in Spain, playing all three 1-3 positions in the game (depends which teammates are on the floor).

On defense I believe he'll mostly guard SF, but of course this too depends on the match up. He won't be a lock down defender, but I think he can be a good team defender that won't be hurting his own team.

I expect him to guard SGs a lot as this is pretty much the weakest wing position with few guys who are good off the dribble. But of course, it will always depend on matchups
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#2776 » by Bob8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:09 pm

He could be pretty useful on Pf in D. in few years time too. He’s good rebounder with very decent standing reach and after some Nba conditioning he should be strong enough too. His rebounding and going immediately after that in transition is something that people overlook.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#2777 » by XTraderXL » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Lets see how Luka plays in the finals. He should be well rested and motivated by now, especially because he has been dropping in the draft projections. His goal should be ACB title and Finals MVP to complete his title collection as the main guy on the team before he goes to the NBA and also to finish the series in 3 games so he can be present at the Draft next week.
Archx
RealGM

Post#2778 » by Archx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

XTraderXL wrote:Lets see how Luka plays in the finals. He should be well rested and motivated by now, especially because he has been dropping in the draft projections. His goal should be ACB title and Finals MVP to complete his title collection as the main guy on the team before he goes to the NBA and also to finish the series in 3 games so he can be present at the Draft next week.

The team he plays against will probably bully him. They will focus on his passes. He will have to have a high shooting % games specially if they cut of his passing. But Real Madrid has really good center lineup and other threats, so maybe Lasso will use him as a bait like he did against Panathinaikos. I honestly don't expect him to have good stats game... But he can play smart on defense. We'll see how it goes in 40 mins time..
Archx
RealGM

Post#2779 » by Archx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Luka with another sniper pass... This guy is insane, he didn't even see his guy properly lol...
CloudWalker
Freshman
And1: 100

Post#2780 » by CloudWalker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi everyone, is it possible to watch this game online? I'm struggling to find a well-functioning live stream. Would really appreciate the link if anyone has it :)
One game does not a player make.

Read on Twitter

Return to NBA Draft