Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

DrazenReznik
Freshman
And1: 14

Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#381 » by DrazenReznik » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 am

doordoor123 wrote:
DrazenReznik wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:One thing is for sure, Jerry West is going to make a steal of a trade. Everyone is looking to trade up and they have some of the most available picks at 12&13 as well as trade assets. Come draft time, when teams get desperate to trade up, they can really pull for good stuff.

Let's be honest, the clippers arent a smart franchise and dont have a good FO/coaching staff, the odds are astronomically high they'll reach for someone that ends up being one of the biggest bust in the draft

First, I take offense to this comment. They were brilliant to trade Blake Griffin and actually get two lottery picks. And the made some good draft picks last year that should contribute next year. Also did a good job finding gems like Montrezl Harrell, CJ Watson and utilizing two-ways really well. If Doc has shown anything this year, it’s that he’s still a really good coach. They changed the entire playbook this year and started moving the ball a lot more. They even won with everyone injured in and out all season and a huge mid-season trade that let one of their best players go. Also with the inclusion of Jerry West, they brought in one of the smartest basketball minds in the NBA.

The odds are really low they draft someone who busts, especially because teams with a track record of drafting with the same type of strategy (getting athletic tough defenders) end up with really good teams.

Lol oh man where to begin.

They didnt get fair value for Griffin. Second they are probably taking Robert William's at 12 or 13. Hes got bust written all over him.

They are the clippers, it a a 100% guarantee they'll **** it up
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#382 » by doordoor123 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:28 am

DrazenReznik wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
DrazenReznik wrote:

Let's be honest, the clippers arent a smart franchise and dont have a good FO/coaching staff, the odds are astronomically high they'll reach for someone that ends up being one of the biggest bust in the draft

First, I take offense to this comment. They were brilliant to trade Blake Griffin and actually get two lottery picks. And the made some good draft picks last year that should contribute next year. Also did a good job finding gems like Montrezl Harrell, CJ Watson and utilizing two-ways really well. If Doc has shown anything this year, it’s that he’s still a really good coach. They changed the entire playbook this year and started moving the ball a lot more. They even won with everyone injured in and out all season and a huge mid-season trade that let one of their best players go. Also with the inclusion of Jerry West, they brought in one of the smartest basketball minds in the NBA.

The odds are really low they draft someone who busts, especially because teams with a track record of drafting with the same type of strategy (getting athletic tough defenders) end up with really good teams.

They didnt get fair value for Griffin. Second they are probably taking Robert William's at 12 or 13. Hes got bust written all over him.

Blake Griffin has been injured every year, it’s a wonder they got anything of value back. Robert Williams has really low potential to bust because he can switch and is super athletic. You’re bad at this
DrazenReznik
Freshman

Post#383 » by DrazenReznik » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 am

doordoor123 wrote:
DrazenReznik wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Blake Griffin has been injured every year, it’s a wonder they got anything of value back. Robert Williams has really low potential to bust because he can switch and is super athletic. You’re bad at this

Bruh :laugh: no wonder no one can take your post serious.

I can guarantee the clippers dont even exist in the next 10 years because the franchise is in such horrific shape.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: NBA Draft 2018 II 

Post#384 » by sipclip » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:33 am

DrazenReznik wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
DrazenReznik wrote:

Bruh no wonder no one can take your post serious.

I can guarantee the clippers dont even exist in the next 10 years because the franchise is in such horrific shape.
You need to stop posting. You are making yourself look like an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#385 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:00 am

DrazenReznik wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
DrazenReznik wrote:

8th most valuable franchise with one of the wealthiest owners.

Your guarantee looks flimsy at best
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#386 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 am

Sac town have to be looking to draft doncic. They may throwing out a smokescreen or to attract interest from magic for a pick swap.

If not then it's likely their concern is with the 3 point shot of Luka and the obsession with the warriors.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#387 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:22 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:Whats SGA done to get teams so high on him? Fixed his jumper?

I'm high on SGA because of how much he improved over the course of one season. He grew into the PG role very well and I think that demonstrates his work ethic, desire to be better, character, and room for growth. He may not have everything you want in a PG right now, but I would bet he puts it together pretty quickly.
Black Lives Matter
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#388 » by The-Power » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm

NotACat wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:Whats SGA done to get teams so high on him? Fixed his jumper?

I'm high on SGA because of how much he improved over the course of one season. He grew into the PG role very well and I think that demonstrates his work ethic, desire to be better, character, and room for growth. He may not have everything you want in a PG right now, but I would bet he puts it together pretty quickly.

How much was him actually improving compared to just getting more opportunities due to his previous play? I agree that he handled the higher usage really well but I didn't see him improving at anything in particular – he was pretty good from the get-go. In order to be a PG in the NBA he needs to address some issues (e.g. pull-up game, finishing through contact, breaking down defenses off the dribble) and no matter how hard you work it's really tough to overcome those issues. PG in the NBA is an extremely tough position to play, and I wouldn't draft him with the expectation to become one. In my eyes, he's a combo-guard and a PG-in-name only next to an elite wing player with playmaking skills.
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#389 » by username_taken » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:48 pm

NotACat wrote:

I really do believe that having a outlier-level development curve is one of the most important attributes in the draft, and that GMs towards the top tend to undervalue rapid improvement from HS to college among underclassmen.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#390 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:25 pm

The-Power wrote:
NotACat wrote:

How much was him actually improving compared to just getting more opportunities due to his previous play? I agree that he handled the higher usage really well but I didn't see him improving at anything in particular – he was pretty good from the get-go. In order to be a PG in the NBA he needs to address some issues (e.g. pull-up game, finishing through contact, breaking down defenses off the dribble) and no matter how hard you work it's really tough to overcome those issues. PG in the NBA is an extremely tough position to play, and I wouldn't draft him with the expectation to become one. In my eyes, he's a combo-guard and a PG-in-name only next to an elite wing player with playmaking skills.

In my amateur opinion, I thought his decision making improved a ton throughout the season, and he was better about getting to his spots. From my amateur opinion, it seemed like most of his pull-up jumpers came towards the end of the season which I believe he developed over the season as well. He still has a lot to learn, but its optimistic.

username_taken wrote:
NotACat wrote:

I really do believe that having a outlier-level development curve is one of the most important attributes in the draft, and that GMs towards the top tend to undervalue rapid improvement from HS to college among underclassmen.

I agree, SGA took advantage of the opportunities that were provided and thrived. Not only that, but he made that whole team better. That combined with his measurables, character, and work ethic make him a tantalizing prospect.
Black Lives Matter
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#391 » by codydaze » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Sac town have to be looking to draft doncic. They may throwing out a smokescreen or to attract interest from magic for a pick swap.

If not then it's likely their concern is with the 3 point shot of Luka and the obsession with the warriors.

If this were the case then Bagley would make no sense and Trae Young would be the pick.
ruffian014
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#392 » by ruffian014 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Can anybody help me understand why Deandre Ayton is consensus #1 considering the way todays NBA game is played today and his athleticism compared to Bagley? Comparing the two, Bagley seems the more mobile, athletic, and not the traditional center Ayton seems to be. In addition, not sure how Ayton gets all the credit for dominating the PAC 12 where there arent any legit PF or Cs whereas Bagley dominated grown men in the ACC? FWIW, i am a Suns fan and think that Ayton is a horrible #1 pick with the how the NBA is trending towards small ball.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#393 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:36 pm

codydaze wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Sac town have to be looking to draft doncic. They may throwing out a smokescreen or to attract interest from magic for a pick swap.

If this were the case then Bagley would make no sense and Trae Young would be the pick.

Bagley is a pf, Luka is a PG/SG
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#394 » by codydaze » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:38 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. You mentioned if we passed on Luka it would be because we were concerned with his 3 point shot. I'm saying if that were the reasoning for passing then Bagley doesn't make sense being that he's a worse shooter.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#395 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:46 pm

codydaze wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. You mentioned if we passed on Luka it would be because we were concerned with his 3 point shot. I'm saying if that were the reasoning for passing then Bagley doesn't make sense being that he's a worse shooter.

Bagley was 40% from 3 on college. He didn't take as many as a guard because he's a pf. 3 point shooting is more important in guards as they are the ones typically moving around the perimeter in offense.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#396 » by codydaze » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:57 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
codydaze wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Bagley is a pf, Luka is a PG/SG

Bagley was 40% from 3 on college. He didn't take as many as a guard because he's a pf. 3 point shooting is more important in guards as they are the ones typically moving around the perimeter in offense.

Again, if we were trying to build a GS-like team, why would we be taking Bagley when we don't have a 5 that can stretch the floor and have Fox at the point who can't shoot? All I'm saying is if we pass on Luka, it's not because we are concerned with his three point shot.
DrazenReznik
Freshman

Post#397 » by DrazenReznik » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 am

zimpy27 wrote:
DrazenReznik wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

8th most valuable franchise with one of the wealthiest owners.

Your guarantee looks flimsy at best

You think the nba gives a flying **** about either of those things ? Lol gtfo
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#398 » by doordoor123 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 am

Oops, looks like I’m always right about everything.

Had a few surprises, but in terms of who’ll get opportunities in the NBA, I did a great job.

Return to NBA Draft