Kevin Huerter

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,183
And1: 15,932
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#21 » by GimmeDat » Mon May 21, 2018 2:50 am

At 6'8, despite the length, do you guys think he can play some 3?
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,289
And1: 1,240
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#22 » by EvanZ » Mon May 21, 2018 5:15 am

GimmeDat wrote:At 6'8, despite the length, do you guys think he can play some 3?


The way the league is going? Yes.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#23 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:41 pm

EvanZ wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:At 6'8, despite the length, do you guys think he can play some 3?


The way the league is going? Yes.


JJ Redick plays the 3 at times and E’Twaun Moore starts at the 3. So yes. Smaller 3s need to be able to create a mismatch and need to be quicker than bigger wings off of screens. The issue is bigger wings and bigger wings that can defend are much more valuable.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,579
And1: 3,022
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#24 » by Fischella » Mon May 21, 2018 3:24 pm

I think his strengths overall traslate better as a 2
Patsfan1081
General Manager
Posts: 8,068
And1: 3,111
Joined: Jan 06, 2015

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#25 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Seems like a good fit for Boston to be mentored by fellow Ginger The Scalabrine.
User avatar
Prez
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,236
And1: 29,454
Joined: Jan 26, 2015
 

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#26 » by Prez » Mon May 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Think he'd be great for the Bucks, wouldn't mind him being the pick at 17. Think he's the exact type of talent Budenholzer could mold into a quality rotation player.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
Posts: 48,695
And1: 28,353
Joined: Jul 16, 2009

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#27 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Doing writeup on him now (editing my Miles one as well and will have that out shortly). Been talking about Huerter since Jan on the Knicks board (and I LOVE Justin Jackson’s skill set too), so I’m happy to see him getting buzz. Really reminds me of Klay on both ends of the court (with some added passing/vision, IMO).

Also...Kevin Huerter is in the 100th percentile in isolation situations - and he DOESN’T settle for jumpers in this situation. 27 possessions (small sample size alert), 24 drives.
Catchall
General Manager
Posts: 9,044
And1: 3,465
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#28 » by Catchall » Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Jazz should be interested in Huerter. I agree that he's the closest comp to Klay Thompson in this draft, but it seems he can do a little more with the ball in his hands. He used to play PG.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,289
And1: 1,240
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#29 » by EvanZ » Mon May 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz should be interested in Huerter. I agree that he's the closest comp to Klay Thompson in this draft, but it seems he can do a little more with the ball in his hands. He used to play PG.


So did Klay (and he basically was playing point for WSU).

It's funny when I started this post in April he was definitely a sleeper. I guess he woke up now (or everyone else did). :lol:
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#30 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:28 pm

The thing that’s so Klay-like about Huerter is his ability to run around the perimeter. Just exceptional court-awareness and awareness of where the ball is.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
Posts: 48,695
And1: 28,353
Joined: Jul 16, 2009

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#31 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 pm

doordoor123 wrote:The thing that’s so Klay-like about Huerter is his ability to run around the perimeter. Just exceptional court-awareness and awareness of where the ball is.


I wrote in my writeup that he just kind of glides around like Klay.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 37,772
And1: 42,798
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#32 » by clyde21 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 pm

I don't think he drops passed Boston in R1. He's a perfect fit for them.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#33 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:47 pm

An issue with Huerter is that he’s so skinny. Looks like Corey Brewer without the wingspan.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,289
And1: 1,240
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#34 » by EvanZ » Mon May 21, 2018 9:30 pm

doordoor123 wrote:An issue with Huerter is that he’s so skinny. Looks like Corey Brewer without the wingspan.


Corey Brewer is 6'9" 186. Huerter is 6'6" 194. Plus he's already added like 10 pounds of muscle since his freshman year, and I he's said he wants to get to 200 pounds as his playing weight.
BlueSan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 914
And1: 339
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#35 » by BlueSan » Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm

I didnt watch much of the guy, but what I saw from tape, I dislike what I saw defensively

Speaking of Boston, i wonder how far some of the prospects will fall down, but I wonder about DiV and Carter and where they will end up
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#36 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:An issue with Huerter is that he’s so skinny. Looks like Corey Brewer without the wingspan.


Corey Brewer is 6'9" 186. Huerter is 6'6" 194. Plus he's already added like 10 pounds of muscle since his freshman year, and I he's said he wants to get to 200 pounds as his playing weight.


Smh I’m comparison what it looks like, not his actual dimensions
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,289
And1: 1,240
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#37 » by EvanZ » Mon May 21, 2018 9:35 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:An issue with Huerter is that he’s so skinny. Looks like Corey Brewer without the wingspan.


Corey Brewer is 6'9" 186. Huerter is 6'6" 194. Plus he's already added like 10 pounds of muscle since his freshman year, and I he's said he wants to get to 200 pounds as his playing weight.


Smh I’m comparison his thinness and what it looks like, not his height.


Hence, the weights that I gave.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
Posts: 48,695
And1: 28,353
Joined: Jul 16, 2009

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#38 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 pm

BlueSan wrote:I didnt watch much of the guy, but what I saw from tape, I dislike what I saw defensively

Speaking of Boston, i wonder how far some of the prospects will fall down, but I wonder about DiV and Carter and where they will end up

Odd. I’ve watched a lot of his this year and see good defensive fundamentals. Synergy backs that up - 88th percentile overall, 85+ on PnR, off screen, isolations, and posting up. 69th (very good) hand offs and 48 (average) spotting up - a bit late sometimes because he’s digging down too much / isn’t quick enough getting back out.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#39 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Corey Brewer is 6'9" 186. Huerter is 6'6" 194. Plus he's already added like 10 pounds of muscle since his freshman year, and I he's said he wants to get to 200 pounds as his playing weight.


Smh I’m comparison his thinness and what it looks like, not his height.


Hence, the weights that I gave.


Lol you didn’t give me time to properly edit my response!
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,289
And1: 1,240
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Kevin Huerter 

Post#40 » by EvanZ » Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 pm

BlueSan wrote:I didnt watch much of the guy, but what I saw from tape, I dislike what I saw defensively

Speaking of Boston, i wonder how far some of the prospects will fall down, but I wonder about DiV and Carter and where they will end up


Lol, you don't like Huerter on D, but you like Donte?

Return to NBA Draft