Miles Bridges...what is his ceiling?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Re: Miles Bridges...what is his ceiling? 

Post#61 » by CoreyVillains » Fri May 18, 2018 1:50 pm

PLO wrote:His burst is excellent, even for the NBA level, I'm not sure how anyone could argue differently. You can nit-pick other parts of his profile, but its obtuse to pick that part of it.

Maybe as a leaper, but certainly not when it pertains to his first step or his blow by ability.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#62 » by PLO » Fri May 18, 2018 1:54 pm

CoreyVillains wrote:
PLO wrote:His burst is excellent, even for the NBA level, I'm not sure how anyone could argue differently. You can nit-pick other parts of his profile, but its obtuse to pick that part of it.

Maybe as a leaper, but certainly not when it pertains to his first step or his blow by ability.

Looked plenty good to me in the games I watched - there would have to be a raft of examples of it on youtube without me actually looking for them to post here. I would say his first step is one of his strengths TBH.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#63 » by DanTown8587 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 pm

He reminds me of Michael Beasley in that I trust his skills to get his points but I don't trust him enough to play within a good team system and be ok as third or fourth option sometimes. He's not that much a willing passer, he doesn't defend well for me, he doesn't really have a strength in his game that makes me think that what he will be good at when he gets to the league.

I don't think he'll be the low IQ/jack up shots version of Beasley but just in identifying what he'll play like when he plays, I'd say Beasley on offense but a slightly better team defender than what Beasley is. I'd be shocked if he was a starter on a team that wins a ton of games with him playing any sort of meaningful role, think he can be a valuable scorer off the bench type guy who can exploit certain matchups (especially bench units) and hopefully can develop in to a guy who occasionally closes out games but his defense leaves a lot to be desired as a non primary scorer.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#64 » by CoreyVillains » Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:He reminds me of Michael Beasley in that I trust his skills to get his points but I don't trust him enough to play within a good team system and be ok as third or fourth option sometimes. He's not that much a willing passer, he doesn't defend well for me, he doesn't really have a strength in his game that makes me think that what he will be good at when he gets to the league.

I don't think he'll be the low IQ/jack up shots version of Beasley but just in identifying what he'll play like when he plays, I'd say Beasley on offense but a slightly better team defender than what Beasley is. I'd be shocked if he was a starter on a team that wins a ton of games with him playing any sort of meaningful role, think he can be a valuable scorer off the bench type guy who can exploit certain matchups (especially bench units) and hopefully can develop in to a guy who occasionally closes out games but his defense leaves a lot to be desired as a non primary scorer.

Agree completely. I know positionless basketball is all the rage and that’s what gms are looking for but Miles is a tweener in a way where he doesn’t have the right skills for the two positions teams will try to play him at. He’s a super explosive leaper which I think fools people into thinking he’s athletic in every way you’d want a basketball player to be. I think his ceiling on a good team is 6th or 7th man. That can still be a good player but he doesn’t have the measurements or high end NBA skills to be a high level impact player.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#65 » by kobyz » Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 pm

remind me so much Josh Howard...
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#66 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun May 20, 2018 11:34 pm

MugzZo wrote:If he had a 6'11 hes basically in the same tier as Blake or Aaron Gordon

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Well yeah but you can say that about allot of players. . Shoot, if Trey Burk was 6'5 he might be Brandon Roy lol
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#67 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Miles Bridges Breakdown - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2018/05/21/miles-bridges-breakdown/

Can y'all post this places? Reddit, twitter (tweet at people), other forums?
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#68 » by NotACat » Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:Miles Bridges Breakdown - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2018/05/21/miles-bridges-breakdown/

So you're a forum moderator trying to boost your own stuff? And asking others to do the same?
Black Lives Matter
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#69 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:09 pm

NotACat wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:Miles Bridges Breakdown - https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2018/05/21/miles-bridges-breakdown/

So you're a forum moderator trying to boost your own stuff? And asking others to do the same?

I’ve posted my stuff here before without an issue from a moderator. If you have an issue with it, message then. If you can find good analysis elsewhere, post that. Now that I see you're a Magic fan, I even wrote a piece on Aaron Gordon early in the season and posted it as its own thread...on the Magic forum without anyone, non-mod or mod (Howard included), saying anything.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#70 » by NYKHardKnock » Tue May 22, 2018 3:41 pm

kobyz wrote:remind me so much Josh Howard...
Josh Howard was no slouch in his prime
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#71 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu May 24, 2018 4:41 am

I think he's a handle away from being a top wing in this league. He's really a 2 guard with the versatility to defend some 4's, but the shaky handle holds him back and forced him to be more of a forward on offense.

He's got the quickness and hops to play and defend 3s. Lateral quickness may not be top notch, but he's strong and can challenge/finish at the rim. He just needs to develop a better handle.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#72 » by kodo » Thu May 24, 2018 5:06 pm

IMO his potential higher than most players in his draft range.

I say this based on shooting indicators (85% FT), athleticism, personality/work ethic, and how early he is in skill development -- he's only been playing SF/Wing for less than a year.

He's been a PF until this season started, so he's just scratching the surface in learning wing play and skills.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#73 » by jonjames » Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 pm

If he hits his ceiling shawn marion otherwise somewhere between corey maggette and larry johnson.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#74 » by EvanZ » Fri May 25, 2018 12:56 am

All-Star version of Harrison Barnes.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#75 » by GimmeDat » Fri May 25, 2018 1:08 am

I like the Shawn Marion comparison in the sense that he's that jack of all trades combo forward with high level athleticism. Obviously a better shooter, not as long and elite on defense but still very good.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#76 » by EvanZ » Fri May 25, 2018 1:56 am

GimmeDat wrote:I like the Shawn Marion comparison in the sense that he's that jack of all trades combo forward with high level athleticism. Obviously a better shooter, not as long and elite on defense but still very good.

It doesn't really make sense to me. Miles can shoot and Marion couldn't. That's like 50% of basketball. Miles profiles to be nowhere near the elite defender Marion was. Miles is more like an athletic version of PJ Tucker.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
MachoMan
Junior
And1: 176

Post#77 » by MachoMan » Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 pm

the roof?
"I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!" - Randy Savage
PickMeUpASixer
Junior
And1: 93

Post#78 » by PickMeUpASixer » Tue May 29, 2018 2:36 pm

He'll never be the defender that Marion was. I think Caron Butler is a high end outcome for him, PJ Tucker is kindof what expect, except a little more offensively oriented. Low end outcome would be Derrick Williams
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#79 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
NotACat wrote:

I’ve posted my stuff here before without an issue from a moderator. If you have an issue with it, message then. If you can find good analysis elsewhere, post that. Now that I see you're a Magic fan, I even wrote a piece on Aaron Gordon early in the season and posted it as its own thread...on the Magic forum without anyone, non-mod or mod (Howard included), saying anything.

I am not a mod for NBA Draft, so I'm only saying this as another poster.. I think what irks me is when people only use realGM to promote their other website. However supporting one of our own to branch off to bigger things is awesome to see.

With that in mind, we might appreciate a little summery, commentary or quick analysis along with the link. Basically tease us with something, make us a feel a little special for having direct access to the author.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#80 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
NotACat wrote:So you're a forum moderator trying to boost your own stuff? And asking others to do the same?

I am not a mod for NBA Draft, so I'm only saying this as another poster.. I think what irks me is when people only use realGM to promote their other website. However supporting one of our own to branch off to bigger things is awesome to see.

With that in mind, we might appreciate a little summery, commentary or quick analysis along with the link. Basically tease us with something, make us a feel a little special for having direct access to the author.

Understood and you’re 100% right. Definitely should have put at least a snippet in here.

Return to NBA Draft