Cameron Reddish

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#121 » by realEAST » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:01 pm

How would you compare Reddish to Otto Porter?
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#122 » by big-shot-ROB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:04 pm

realEAST wrote:How would you compare Reddish to Otto Porter?

Porter can't put the ball in the floor to save his life, but right now is a way better shooter than Cam. Can shoot pretty much every way there is.

It all comes down to how much Cam wants to improve, because the talent and tools are there.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#123 » by realEAST » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:11 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:

Porter can't put the ball in the floor to save his life, but right now is a way better shooter than Cam. Can shoot pretty much every way there is.

It all comes down to how much Cam wants to improve, because the talent and tools are there.

Hm, as far as I remember, Porter has pretty developed mid range game coming into the league. Reddish does seem to have better vision though.

I am asking because I am wondering whether he could end up as a similar elite level role player, but not a true star, if he settles and doesn't develop off dribble game (creating for himself and others)
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#124 » by big-shot-ROB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:13 pm

realEAST wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:

Hm, as far as I remember, Porter has pretty developed mid range game coming into the league. Reddish does seem to have better vision though.

I am asking because I am wondering whether he could end up as a similar elite level role player, but not a true star, if he settles and doesn't develop off dribble game (creating for himself and others)

Yeah right now he projects to be a high level starter (with time) and ceiling is something like #2 option.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#125 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:14 pm

I think vision is similar but Reddish has a better body type to dribble, more balance, body control, more polished handle, Otto is a good passer but Cam is more dynamic, like big-shot-ROB said Otto is a far better shooter

He can be similar, another comparison is Batum, which I feel fits better, Batum was a better athlete, and thinner than Cam as a youngster though but didn't shoot it as much (although his career % and form are all good, just never been a diverse shooter, but Reddish isn't either)
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#126 » by CptCrunch » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Cam is getting buried in play making position imo.

Last second shot is always Zion deferring to RJ who either jacks a bad shot or kicks it out again to Tre for a bailout jumper.

Cam needs to be more assertive and take more shots. Want him to shoot 10+ 3 pointers a game like Paul George.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#127 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:19 pm

paulbball wrote:Cam is getting buried in play making position imo.

Last second shot is always Zion deferring to RJ who either jacks a bad shot or kicks it out again to Tre for a bailout jumper.

Cam needs to be more assertive and take more shots. Want him to shoot 10+ 3 pointers a game like Paul George.

Staying within the flow but his confidence is clearly up and he's not floating that's all i was concerned with. I don't mind what he's doing/has done so far with RJ, Zion, and Tre because as long as he believes his talent is greater than the individual(s) in front of him he's going to be really good at the next level.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#128 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Marcus wrote:

Staying within the flow but his confidence is clearly up and he's not floating that's all i was concerned with. I don't mind what he's doing/has done so far with RJ, Zion, and Tre because as long as he believes his talent is greater than the individual(s) in front of him he's going to be really good at the next level.

Ya I have no issues with his role currently. He is dealing with some foul trouble lately because he and Tre sand the two consistent defenders Duke can count on, Tre is just a better defender without fouling at the moment. I really wasn't expecting Cam's defense to be this far along and this consistent.

Really offensively the only thing I would change isn't on Cam, it's RJ to chill it with the crappy hero ball when he has 2 studs with Cam and Zion out there with him.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#129 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Ya I have no issues with his role currently. He is dealing with some foul trouble lately because he and Tre sand the two consistent defenders Duke can count on, Tre is just a better defender without fouling at the moment. I really wasn't expecting Cam's defense to be this far along and this consistent.

Really offensively the only thing I would change isn't on Cam, it's RJ to chill it with the crappy hero ball when he has 2 studs with Cam and Zion out there with him.

Ya know i haven't really minded RJ too much the last 2 games. I watch him play and I understand that this is how he gets it going. Taking those shots that no one else wants to take keeps him fully engaged. I agree some are cringe worthy but it looks like RJ being allowed to get RJ type looks at the cup lead to him being better about moving the ball and actually driving to create at times. He had a couple pullups last night that I was like "nooooo" but then I'd watch Cam in a similar situation NOT pull the trigger when i would like for him to so i have to put that bias aside and understand the importance of this for RJ's game. He's definitely a volume guy.

Back to Cam though THAT CONFIDENCE!!! when he walked into that dagger 3 right after Auburn hit one we got a glimpse of killer Cam. If that Cam is real and consistent that tier 2 i keep predicting looks real to me. I might be in the minority but dude screams tip of the iceberg to me right now.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#130 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Cam has such a long ways to go finishing in traffic. He is really bad at it.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#131 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Cam has such a long ways to go finishing in traffic. He is really bad at it.

For sure. He struggles with this a lot more that I originally thought he would.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#132 » by reanimator » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:21 am

Kyle Kuzma?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,093

Post#133 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:08 am

reanimator wrote:Kyle Kuzma?

Less athletic, and potentially less interested Paul George I'd say. Although his playmaking potential is somewhat higher if everything clicks. Of course it's far from a given that he'll live up to this comparison, especially if his mentality is not what it needs to be. But he certainly has the potential to become this kind of player if he seizes the opportunity.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,239

Post#134 » by Funcrusher » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:24 am

I have a question: why did coach k leave Reddish on the bench until basically the last minute of the game?
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#135 » by reanimator » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 am

BobThunder wrote:I have a question: why did coach k leave Reddish on the bench until basically the last minute of the game?

He basically was a turnover every time he tried to get to the rim and was allowing penetration fairly consistently.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#136 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:26 am

BobThunder wrote:I have a question: why did coach k leave Reddish on the bench until basically the last minute of the game?

I have no problem with that. K stayed with the lineup that got them back into the game. My issue with K is not using Zion/Cam/Tre the last 4-5 possessions (when he did bring him back in).
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#137 » by King Ken » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 am

Duke4life831 wrote:

I have no problem with that. K stayed with the lineup that got them back into the game. My issue with K is not using Zion/Cam/Tre the last 4-5 possessions (when he did bring him back in).

Cam sucks when he is not engaged and he doesn't always want to move his feet defensively although they might be the best on the team. Cam talent doesn't match his now. He has along way to go as a prospect but he is as talented as anyone on this roster if not more talented.

He makes a lot of bone head decisions that White, Javin or Bolden simply wasn't making. Zion tries his best to not make defensive mistakes and he always takes on the worst offensive player on defense. Cam wants to defend the best but always bails offensive players out with silly mistakes or misreads. Barrett is beyond his years defensively but isn't the same talent that Reddish is defensively and it shows. I like Tre' defense the most of all freshman. Seriously, if Tre stays for his sophomore year, what's stopping him from being one of the best players in the NCAA's. He literally is a jumper away from being a tremendous PG prospect. He has more talent and size than Tyus but Tyus was far more pro ready as a freshman.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#138 » by No-Man » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 am

I dont understand why K doesn't use him better on D, he isn't quick but his reads are solid and his huge, like he could be really tough on guys like Norvell with his length if he stands back a little and trust his length to recover/bother people's shot
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#139 » by TKainZero » Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:21 am

He has had some really bad box scores...

I would like to watch some of his tape
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#140 » by Hoopz Afrik » Thu Dec 6, 2018 1:30 pm

Cam really has to shore up his ability to finish at the rim or add some in-between game (mid range pull ups, floaters, tear drops, etc)to his arsenal because as it stands, he's overly reliant on his long ball and is not composed when driving to the rim and it usually never ends well when he does.....if he doesn't show any improvement on this front as we get into conference play and tourney time then his stock is going to start to drop.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Return to NBA Draft