Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Cameron Reddish 

Post#461 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:56 am

Yes. I’m very sure. Mediocre highlight reels against little kids aside.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#462 » by The_Hater » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:19 am

[gfycat][/gfycat]I don’t know how much Cam needed to be exposed last season for people to lower their expectations somewhere between a little and a lot. Couldn’t create. Couldn’t finish inside at all. Couldn’t make shots. Didn’t show impressive athleticism as was expected. His skill set ended up being completely overhyped which happens more often than we realize with top high school prospects. Bringing up clips of his high school heroics doesn’t mean that last season didn’t happen, he was a complete disaster.

I’m expecting that he’ll hit shots and be a decent 3 point shooter as a pro, but sometimes really good shooters even struggle to do that as they jump levels and he certainly didn’t hit shots last season.

Many times, when these issues start arise with top high school prospects the problems are also related to bball IQ and instincts, because he showed very little of both at Duke. We’ll find out if that’s the case here.

If he ends up with a career as good as Trevor Ariza, I think that should be considered a huge win for the Hawks where they drafted him but I would be surprised if he ever ends up being that good.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,454

Post#463 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Reddish is a superior shooter at the same stage to Ariza.

College 3 pointers made:
Ariza -18
Reddish - 84

Ariza shot 50.4% from the FT line compared
to Reddish at 77.2%.

Atlanta after the all star break averaged 119.9 ppg and 15.3 made 3’s a game (#2 in the NBA in both categories). Atlanta is big on the 3 ball...
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#464 » by King Ken » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:16 pm

The_Hater wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]I don’t know how much Cam needed to be exposed last season for people to lower their expectations somewhere between a little and a lot. Couldn’t create. Couldn’t finish inside at all. Couldn’t make shots. Didn’t show impressive athleticism as was expected. His skill set ended up being completely overhyped which happens more often than we realize with top high school prospects. Bringing up clips of his high school heroics doesn’t mean that last season didn’t happen, he was a complete disaster.

I’m expecting that he’ll hit shots and be a decent 3 point shooter as a pro, but sometimes really good shooters even struggle to do that as they jump levels and he certainly didn’t hit shots last season.

Many times, when these issues start arise with top high school prospects the problems are also related to bball IQ and instincts, because he showed very little of both at Duke. We’ll find out if that’s the case here.

If he ends up with a career as good as Trevor Ariza, I think that should be considered a huge win for the Hawks where they drafted him but I would be surprised if he ever ends up being that good.

The hater is a great screename for you
The_Hater

Post#465 » by The_Hater » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:36 pm

King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]I don’t know how much Cam needed to be exposed last season for people to lower their expectations somewhere between a little and a lot. Couldn’t create. Couldn’t finish inside at all. Couldn’t make shots. Didn’t show impressive athleticism as was expected. His skill set ended up being completely overhyped which happens more often than we realize with top high school prospects. Bringing up clips of his high school heroics doesn’t mean that last season didn’t happen, he was a complete disaster.

Thats original. Never heard that one....

I’m not exactly sure what I wrote about Reddish that wasn’t true or arguably true? Even if you think last season was an aberration, which apparently you do, he was still terrible both relative to his expectations and relative to a level needed to look like a good future NBA player. It happened and it needs to be included in the information we use to predict his future.

You’re argument seems to be that none of what happened last season matters and he’s still the same level prospect he was in high school, at least recognize that most people aren’t going to agree with you after watching him struggle as much as he did last season.

We’ll obviously find out, We’re both only giving our opinions, but I’m pretty confident that you’re going to be disappointed in the level he ultimately tops out at. You seem to think he has NBA level skills in some areas that weren’t even evident in college.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#466 » by King Ken » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:26 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:

I’m not exactly sure what I wrote about Reddish that wasn’t true or arguably true? Even if you think last season was an aberration, which apparently you do, he was still terrible both relative to his expectations and relative to a level needed to look like a good future NBA player. It happened and it needs to be included in the information we use to predict his future.

You’re argument seems to be that none of what happened last season matters and he’s still the same level prospect he was in high school, at least recognize that most people aren’t going to agree with you after watching him struggle as much as he did last season.

We’ll obviously find out, We’re both only giving our opinions, but I’m pretty confident that you’re going to be disappointed in the level he ultimately tops out at. You seem to think he has NBA level skills in some areas that weren’t even evident in college.

You are assuming obviously. I've never said that. I been on the record that he improved at Duke especially off the ball on offense and took a significant jump defensively compared to his prep days.

He is an elite spacer. He needs space. I said he is like Jamal Crawford in terms of how he gets it but a better comparison is Malik Monk. Monk proved at UK that if you put him in space, he is a bucket but you put him in a situation like Cam was in at Duke were there is limited spacing he can struggle to create as he is an elite spacer which is completely different than what Lou Williams and guys like that are.

Cam provides several things that even Monk didn't provide and the biggest is being an high end variance 3pt shooter. This greatly benefited Donovan Mitchell and Luka Doncic and it will benefit Cam Reddish.

Your belief or lack thereof really isn't of value to me. I've watched as much tape of Reddish as anyone over the last year. I am way more confident in my take on him than yours.
The_Hater

Post#467 » by The_Hater » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:33 pm

King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:The hater is a great screename for you

You are assuming obviously. I've never said that. I been on the record that he improved at Duke especially off the ball on offense and took a significant jump defensively compared to his prep days.

He is an elite spacer. He needs space. I said he is like Jamal Crawford in terms of how he gets it but a better comparison is Malik Monk. Monk proved at UK that if you put him in space, he is a bucket but you put him in a situation like Cam was in at Duke were there is limited spacing he can struggle to create as he is an elite spacer which is completely different than what Lou Williams and guys like that are.

Cam provides several things that even Monk didn't provide and the biggest is being an high end variance 3pt shooter. This greatly benefited Donovan Mitchell and Luka Doncic and it will benefit Cam Reddish.

Your belief or lack thereof really isn't of value to me. I've watched as much tape of Reddish as anyone over the last year. I am way more confident in my take on him than yours.

Don’t get insulted when somebody had a different opinion.

Could you explain to me how Reddish had no space at Duke? Because I watched a lot of their games this season and didn’t see that at all. Defenses were gearing to stop Zion and RJ, I didn’t see them bending towards Cam very much. He just didn’t make plays. Monk was the #1 option at Kentucky so he would have had far less space. Defenses were focused on him.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#468 » by King Ken » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Could you explain to me how Reddish had no space at Duke? Because I watched a lot of their games this season and didn’t see that at all. Defenses were gearing to stop Zion and RJ, I didn’t see them bending towards Cam very much. He just didn’t make plays. Monk was the #1 option at Kentucky so he would have had far less space. Defenses were focused on him.

You need to rewatch Monk tape at UK and watch his tape in the NBA. He is getting anywhere he wants like in college but his personnel is providing no spacing for him. Their pace is much slower, they create a lot less quality transition opportunities and he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of 1v1s in space in a league where 1v1 in space is generally a lot more common. Situations tremendously matter. Monk struggled at UK in traffic, finishing in traffic and creating in traffic. It wasn't something he was proficient at in college either. He had Fox who most wings have had career years playing with due to his gravity.

If you think Cam had space at Duke, your hoops knowledge is severely lacking. Severely. If you don't for one second think teams were scheming to get Cam off 3pt line or contested 3pts, you are out of your damn mind. Most coaches who played v. Duke said they wanted to make sure Cam did have contested looks as no one in Duke offense could shoot outside Cam or they wanted them to shoot instead like Zion and R.J.

:banghead: talking to people who don't know what the hell they are talking about like you but is confident like you know this **** irritates the mess out of me. Just admitted it, you really don't know his game like that, you just see flaws and you are having a hard time picturing his effectiveness at this level since he struggled in the NCAA.
The_Hater

Post#469 » by The_Hater » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:36 pm

King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:You are assuming obviously. I've never said that. I been on the record that he improved at Duke especially off the ball on offense and took a significant jump defensively compared to his prep days.

You need to rewatch Monk tape at UK and watch his tape in the NBA. He is getting anywhere he wants like in college but his personnel is providing no spacing for him. Their pace is much slower, they create a lot less quality transition opportunities and he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of 1v1s in space in a league where 1v1 in space is generally a lot more common. Situations tremendously matter. Monk struggled at UK in traffic, finishing in traffic and creating in traffic. It wasn't something he was proficient at in college either. He had Fox who most wings have had career years playing with due to his gravity.

If you think Cam had space at Duke, your hoops knowledge is severely lacking. Severely. If you don't for one second think teams were scheming to get Cam off 3pt line or contested 3pts, you are out of your damn mind. Most coaches who played v. Duke said they wanted to make sure Cam did have contested looks as no one in Duke offense could shoot outside Cam or they wanted them to shoot instead like Zion and R.J.

:banghead: talking to people who don't know what the hell they are talking about like you but is confident like you know this **** irritates the mess out of me. Just admitted it, you really don't know his game like that, you just see flaws and you are having a hard time picturing his effectiveness at this level since he struggled in the NCAA.

Wow. Your attitude kinda sucks.You think that your opinion on Reddish is right and everyone who disagrees is an idiot. It must be nice to be that much smarter than everyone else. Have you found anyone outside of Atlanta who has as high an opinion on Reddish as you do?

Frankly, I wasn’t impressed with your argument in this or any of previous posts in this thread because you seem to want to dismiss absolutely every negative thing that happened last season. I’ve seen Reddish play quite a bit and I think you’re in for a rude awakening here If you’re expecting a superstar or allstar to emerge. Many home team fans overrating their own draft picks is a pretty common theme every season.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#470 » by King Ken » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Wow. Your attitude kinda sucks.You think that your opinion on Reddish is right and everyone who disagrees is an idiot. It must be nice to be that much smarter than everyone else. Have you found anyone outside of Atlanta who has as high an opinion on Reddish as you do?

Frankly, I wasn’t impressed with your argument in this or any of previous posts in this thread because you seem to want to dismiss absolutely every negative thing that happened last season. I’ve seen Reddish play quite a bit and I think you’re in for a rude awakening here If you’re expecting a superstar or allstar to emerge. Many home team fans overrating their own draft picks is a pretty common theme every season.

I think he could be the best player in the NBA one day so obviously I am higher on him than you are who thinks he is a scrub.

You spend two paragraphs attacking my character accusing me for what you should be accusing yourself of. Nothing you say bothers me any. I don't take no offense to it. You are just talking **** to me. I haven't seen decent takes from you on Reddish so why should I be bothered any? You tell me why I should give a damn about anything you say.

I am certain I will be happy with the outcome. I am certain I will call you out about in many times over the years while you come up with a thousand excuses and bad hot takes.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#471 » by The-Power » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:52 pm

King Ken wrote:I am certain I will be happy with the outcome.

I thought Reddish was supposed to be boom or bust!?
King Ken
General Manager

Post#472 » by King Ken » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm

The-Power wrote:
King Ken wrote:I am certain I will be happy with the outcome.

I thought Reddish was supposed to be boom or bust!?

I do. Boom in the ideal situation and potential bust in a bad situation. He landed in the perfect situation. Steph/Klay/Draymond situation.

He could have landed in a poor situation for his style of play like Charlotte and New York last year or Minnesota last year.

Not every boom or bust prospect is the same. Trae Young was a boom or bust prospect where you had to build a system to his strengths or he could potentially fail. Atlanta did that and while he had some struggles, he succeeded once he adjusted to what he can and can't do in the NBA.

Cam was different. I felt Cam had a more limited ceiling unless he goes to the optimal situation which Atlanta is for his style of play. If he went to just a decent situation like Memphis this year or LAL Lakers, he could be an average NBA player as a rookie which is a pretty damn good rookie. But he could have been a bad rookie in the wrong situation and a great rookie in the ideal one, especially the optimal one.

Boom or bust to me are players who can be good. Some really good, some just good, some great and some atg. But players who at the other end can struggle and fail due to that.

I felt him, Trae, Mo Bamba, Mitchell Robinson, Lonnie Walker, DeMar DeRozan, Russell Westbrook, Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond. Brandon Jennings, Klay Thompson, Jimmer Fredette, Donovan Mitchell were all boom or bust prospects for me. Some boomed, some busted. Some became solid players. Situation and roles played critical roles.

Some guys who I felt were not boom or bust became that like O.J. Mayo, Malik Monk, Draymond Green, and DeAndre Jordan. I felt they had a certain ceiling and was likely to reach it no matter what. I was wrong at that time.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,405

Post#473 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:52 am

I wonder if the situation or player seems less ideal if you're missing 3/4 shots on offense. Makes me curious about what the lowest shooting percentage an nba player has had over his first 200 shots, Cam Reddish has taken 83 so far according to the stat page im on; made 21.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#474 » by Illmatic12 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:14 am

Looking like KCP Jr so far.. yikes

Read on Twitter
?s=21
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#475 » by clyde21 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 am

he really shouldn't be on the floor at all until he improves his core strength and ball skills
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#476 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:33 pm

the amount of people who were wrong around the association that saw this kid as a high ceiling prospect based on body type and fundamentals clearly must be a record. ATL fell for the hype even after he disappointed at Duke . I said it from the jump...he is not a lottery level prospect imo.
He clearly lacks the mental fortitude and work ethic required to play well against grown men.
Now there are a lot of lottery picked players that struggle early on especially when thrown in the fire , but all his supporters were suggesting the fit was perfect for him with a high dime bomb chucking pg that cant defend and n their defense prob didnt have a clue their boy Collins was a fraud and wouldnt be around to catch lobs or grab defenders attention away from Reddish.
He sucks, he is a big time bust and i am about the only person on here that singled him out in the draft process as being so.
Garland looks bad too so dont cone on here thinking im just hating or being a homer...CLE should have known better than to pick an injured player
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#477 » by Ball4life32 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Stillwater wrote:the amount of people who were wrong around the association that saw this kid as a high ceiling prospect based on body type and fundamentals clearly must be a record. ATL fell for the hype even after he disappointed at Duke . I said it from the jump...he is not a lottery level prospect imo.
He clearly lacks the mental fortitude and work ethic required to play well against grown men.
Now there are a lot of lottery picked players that struggle early on especially when thrown in the fire , but all his supporters were suggesting the fit was perfect for him with a high dime bomb chucking pg that cant defend and n their defense prob didnt have a clue their boy Collins was a fraud and wouldnt be around to catch lobs or grab defenders attention away from Reddish.
He sucks, he is a big time bust and i am about the only person on here that singled him out in the draft process as being so.
Garland looks bad too so dont cone on here thinking im just hating or being a homer...CLE should have known better than to pick an injured player

Yep a whole 12 games into his career at 20 years old and he’s already a huge massive bust with no chance. Lol And in no way were you the only that didn’t like Reddish. Plenty of people were not high on him because of his shooting %’s at Duke. He’s only starting because of injurie(s) to Huerter.

Funny Trae is averaging 9.7 assists without Collins but I was told Collins was the only reason Trae averaged more assists than Sexton..Yes Garland looks bad (and is supposed to be Cle’s future at PG??) and Porter Jr is no top 5 talent!
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#478 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:the amount of people who were wrong around the association that saw this kid as a high ceiling prospect based on body type and fundamentals clearly must be a record. ATL fell for the hype even after he disappointed at Duke . I said it from the jump...he is not a lottery level prospect imo.

Yep a whole 12 games into his career at 20 years old and he’s already a huge massive bust with no chance. Lol And in no way were you the only that didn’t like Reddish. Plenty of people were not high on him because of his shooting %’s at Duke. He’s only starting because of injurie(s) to Huerter.

Funny Trae is averaging 9.7 assists without Collins but I was told Collins was the only reason Trae averaged more assists than Sexton..Yes Garland looks bad (and is supposed to be Cle’s future at PG??) and Porter Jr is no top 5 talent!

porter has shown more than reddish and cost cle a fraction of what reddish cost atl...
but thats fine try to turn this into me hating when the fact is i saw this coming after 3 college games and wrote him off completely after choking all season in college. yes there were some who moved him down their boards but nobody was as low on him as me...nobody.
btw trae young for all his attributes as a ball handler and floor general still cant carry his team to the playoffs by the looks of it.
Reddish should be benched until he grows a pair, but the truth is atl is too invested in him going 10th to do what needs to be done.
Sexton is far more impressive as a developing player on both sides of the ball even though Trae is clearly better at making his teammates better , but keep on sleeping on him.
Garland is not in shape
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Ball4life32
Veteran

Post#479 » by Ball4life32 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:

porter has shown more than reddish and cost cle a fraction of what reddish cost atl...
but thats fine try to turn this into me hating when the fact is i saw this coming after 3 college games and wrote him off completely after choking all season in college. yes there were some who moved him down their boards but nobody was as low on him as me...nobody.
btw trae young for all his attributes as a ball handler and floor general still cant carry his team to the playoffs by the looks of it.
Reddish should be benched until he grows a pair, but the truth is atl is too invested in him going 10th to do what needs to be done.
Sexton is far more impressive as a developing player on both sides of the ball even though Trae is clearly better at making his teammates better , but keep on sleeping on him.
Garland is not in shape

Hawks are missing Collins and now Huerter who was just starting to get in a groove. This team without them is not making the playoffs and their schedule is brutal to start. With the new lottery odds, don’t mind at all if they keep developing the young guys while having a shot at Wiseman who would fit well with current core imo.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,320

Post#480 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:00 pm

The Cam Reddish sucks viewpoint wasn't a rare thing to be seen around here.

Return to NBA Draft