Cameron Reddish

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,780
And1: 25,022
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#521 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 4:18 pm

King Ken wrote:Your apology should be as loud as the disrespect

]


You want people to apologize because of 1 game? So we just pretend that the rest of the season didn’t even happen?

You need be playing the long game here if you ever want to get any bragging rights back here. And remember, you didn’t just say he’d be a good player, you predicted the steal of the draft and a future star and were very rude to people who dared to disagree with you. I’m pretty certain neither of those barriers have been reached because of 1 game.

You loaded your basket with eggs and are still a very long way from collecting any debts on this one.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,780
And1: 25,022
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#522 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 4:22 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:]^ this is Reddish having the best game of his career likely sort of like when t ross went off for 51 and nobody saw it coming. Reddish making 25 points against a team not at all expecting it is the same as Ross making 51 imo. hes never come close again to my knowledge.
Jan. 25, 2014, Ross dropped 51 against the Los Angeles Clippers 16 of 29, 10 of 17 3s
if reddish starts doing this regularly i would be shocked.


This is one of the dumbest comments I’ve seen on this sub. He’s 19 years old in his rookie year. Historically there have been many 19 year olds with terrible first years who have become pretty darn good, even hall of famers. Games like these show what he’s capable of.


Can you name one terrible 19 year old rookie in the HOF? Just one.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,389
And1: 1,087
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#523 » by doordoor123 » Thu Dec 5, 2019 4:34 pm

The_Hater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:]^ this is Reddish having the best game of his career likely sort of like when t ross went off for 51 and nobody saw it coming. Reddish making 25 points against a team not at all expecting it is the same as Ross making 51 imo. hes never come close again to my knowledge.
Jan. 25, 2014, Ross dropped 51 against the Los Angeles Clippers 16 of 29, 10 of 17 3s
if reddish starts doing this regularly i would be shocked.


This is one of the dumbest comments I’ve seen on this sub. He’s 19 years old in his rookie year. Historically there have been many 19 year olds with terrible first years who have become pretty darn good, even hall of famers. Games like these show what he’s capable of.


Can you name one terrible 19 year old rookie in the HOF? Just one.


First of all how do we know he’s terrible when he just had a great game? You can’t tell the future and the season still just started. We’re not even at the halfway point. Most rookies in general are typically bad or haven’t figured it out yet. Guys like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Dirk Nowitzki took time to figure the game out. And when you’re 18/19/20 your brain hasn’t even fully developed yet and you don’t have the confidence you have as you get older. The game is also more different now than it has ever been. There’s a learning curve between college and the NBA. You have to give young players time before you decide you’ve figured them out.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,780
And1: 25,022
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#524 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 4:52 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
This is one of the dumbest comments I’ve seen on this sub. He’s 19 years old in his rookie year. Historically there have been many 19 year olds with terrible first years who have become pretty darn good, even hall of famers. Games like these show what he’s capable of.


Can you name one terrible 19 year old rookie in the HOF? Just one.


First of all how do we know he’s terrible when he just had a great game? You can’t tell the future and the season still just started. We’re not even at the halfway point. Most rookies in general are typically bad or haven’t figured it out yet. Guys like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Dirk Nowitzki took time to figure the game out. And when you’re 18/19/20 your brain hasn’t even fully developed yet and you don’t have the confidence you have as you get older. The game is also more different now than it has ever been. There’s a learning curve between college and the NBA. You have to give young players time before you decide you’ve figured them out.


I didn’t, you used the word terrible and the phrase HOF.

Anyways. Giannis wasn’t terrible as a rookie, in fact people were calling him the steal of the draft very quickly. And this despite many thinking he wouldn’t even play as a rookie becuase he was such a project. Plus he was only 18 when that season started, not 19.

Dirk is a better example and he definitely had a poor rookie season, but Reddish is still quite a ways behind even Dirk’s poor shooting numbers at this point.

Anyways, I realize that many Hawks fans are going to stick by their rookie and crow a little when he finally has a good game, I’m just saying that it’s usually best for wait for a bigger sample size here. And if I’m wrong about the guy I will fully admit it, it wouldn’t be the first time. But one game?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,223
And1: 4,782
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#525 » by King Ken » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:06 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:Your apology should be as loud as the disrespect

]


You want people to apologize because of 1 game? So we just pretend that the rest of the season didn’t even happen?

You need to be playing the long game here if you ever want to get any bragging rights back here. And remember, you didn’t just say he’d be a good player, you predicted the steal of the draft and a future star

Which he is currently on the path of doing I should add. Patience is the key to success and lacking it only leads to misery.

I told ya'll to be patience with Trae Young, he is improving daily even if it doesn't look like he is by the statistics and the metrics at that time but ya'll told me he was the worst player in the NBA bar none. Jimmer 2.0. A worse Trey Burke. That's what ya'll told me. I told ya'll he can be one of the best offensive players ever. Ya'll said he couldn't shoot. Ya'll say a lot of things, them being right projection wise is CLEARLY not one. I'll give you credit with the little hate factory you guys have going, it's cute. But Cam is improving daily. He is miles better than he was in the preseason and to start the season. You don't just end up here by luck. Cam worked his ass off and watches a ton of tape. Constantly working with the coaches and with the trainers. Is in the gym as much as anyone and confirmed, more than anyone and really wants to be great but what do I know, you called him a historically bad rookie right? Historically huh?

You guys don't watch much basketball, you just read a **** stat sheet. If you watched the games, you would see the constant improvement Reddish was making. A game like he had yesterday wasn't luck, it was **** development. He has been getting closer and closer to this point. Before the wrist injury, he was showing signs that this was coming, it's just a matter of time. As I said, you guys who don't even watch every minute of our games just know better than everyone else who does.

The guy is out here defending his ass off. The only thing he lacks on that end is core and raw strength which will come in time. Other than that, he is a **** hound. His movements are a lot like DeAaron Fox and his length feels like you being defended by an Octopus but this is a historically bad rookie, right? You guys suck at this ****. That's where the problem is. If you were even halfway accurate, I wouldn't even mind if you were on the negative end. It's not like he is making a lot of shots so I understand but when I hear, historically bad rookie, shouldn't have been drafted in the lottery, bust, scrub, awful, I know you just don't watch him play or you simply lack Basketball IQ to watch and comprehend the game.

You really are saying an extremely talented 6'9 wing who moves like a 6'3 guard is a bust? Really? I've said this before, he should have been a top 5 pick. I can understand Hunter over him but no one else and that's because the value of two-way wings who can defend 2-4 consistently is at a premium. Cam should the rare ability to defend 1-4, not consistently but he shows flashes of it and is already very good defending 1-3. When the DRAYMOND is release, don't be surprised when Cam is at the top of the list for wings.

Like I said, a lot of terrible takes on here like it was for Trae. Patience is really not valued on this site. That much is clear.
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,780
And1: 25,022
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#526 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:15 pm

King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:Your apology should be as loud as the disrespect

]


You want people to apologize because of 1 game? So we just pretend that the rest of the season didn’t even happen?

You need to be playing the long game here if you ever want to get any bragging rights back here. And remember, you didn’t just say he’d be a good player, you predicted the steal of the draft and a future star


Which he is currently on the path of doing I should add.


Sure he is. And I’m certain you have universal agreement on that at this point because of everything he’s shown on the court. He’s done nothing but raise his stock since the draft.

You’re not going to pay the long game here obviously. Your call.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,223
And1: 4,782
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#527 » by King Ken » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:23 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
You want people to apologize because of 1 game? So we just pretend that the rest of the season didn’t even happen?

You need to be playing the long game here if you ever want to get any bragging rights back here. And remember, you didn’t just say he’d be a good player, you predicted the steal of the draft and a future star


Which he is currently on the path of doing I should add.


Sure he is. And I’m certain you have universal agreement on that at this point because of everything he’s shown on the court. He’s done nothing but raise his stock since the draft.

You’re not going to pay the long game here obviously. Your call.

I am clearly playing the long game as I did with Trae, John, Kevin, De'Andre, and many others. I made the mistake of saying Luka's season last year couldn't be maintained long term to being a great player. I looked like an idiot calling him Tyreke Doncic and I have to own up that I didn't follow my eyes which said, with more experience, he could be the best in the league one day.

Sometimes you just gotta trust your eyes. **** them stats. So what Luka impact dipped in the 2nd half, it was a less than ideal situation for him. For Cam, if you watched all of our games, you would see a lot of improvement even if you see the same 2-10 results. To you, he was ass. To me, I noticed how he got to any spot, no one could contain him, he was open on his shots, he didn't get stripped in traffic like usual, he is starting to see the game, etc. But you just saw the 2-10 and assumed the worst. That's why I **** with you guys in this thread. You guys don't even understand the game all that well and that's fine, but I wish you would stop making these insane assertions like "historically bad rookie" and "bust" or "should have drafted XnX". Pure nonsense. I just think you should be more open-minded. If you watched the games, you would notice, he can do things a lot of other guys can't even on his misses.

When people say things like a bust, historically bad rookie, scrub, that's offensive to me. It's like you aren't even watching the games. We got a lot of scrubs, believe me, us Hawk fans know what scrubs are.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,732
And1: 3,076
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#528 » by Fischella » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:25 pm

Some people here need to get a ban from this forum
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,780
And1: 25,022
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#529 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:38 pm

King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Which he is currently on the path of doing I should add.


Sure he is. And I’m certain you have universal agreement on that at this point because of everything he’s shown on the court. He’s done nothing but raise his stock since the draft.

You’re not going to pay the long game here obviously. Your call.

I am clearly playing the long game as I did with Trae, John, Kevin, De'Andre, and many others. I made the mistake of saying Luka's season last year couldn't be maintained long term to being a great player. I looked like an idiot calling him Tyreke Doncic and I have to own up that I didn't follow my eyes which said, with more experience, he could be the best in the league one day.

Sometimes you just gotta trust your eyes. **** them stats. So what Luka impact dipped in the 2nd half, it was a less than ideal situation for him. For Cam, if you watched all of our games, you would see a lot of improvement even if you see the same 2-10 results. To you, he was ass. To me, I noticed how he got to any spot, no one could contain him, he was open on his shots, he didn't get stripped in traffic like usual, he is starting to see the game, etc. But you just saw the 2-10 and assumed the worst. That's why I **** with you guys in this thread. You don't even understand the game all that well and that's fine, but I wish you would stop making these insane assertions like "historically bad rookie" and "bust" or "should have drafted XnX". Pure nonsense.


He has been historically bad rookie to this point. All advanced stats support this. I could start listing all of them but it would take me too long. Pick an advanced stat, scroll to the names at bottom of the list and you’ll see the name Reddish right there. Even his early hyped, defense, grades out poorly statistically now. This is not an exaggeration just because it’s something you want to ignore and call insane. That’s just your bias talking.

This is why I suggested that you play the long game because you can’t back up a single statement you’ve made about Reddish at this point. Not one. Trying to do so until he shows significant, marked improvement over a period of time only makes you look foolish.

Now you’ll probably completely ignore this advice and type another reply.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,223
And1: 4,782
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#530 » by King Ken » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:49 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Sure he is. And I’m certain you have universal agreement on that at this point because of everything he’s shown on the court. He’s done nothing but raise his stock since the draft.

You’re not going to pay the long game here obviously. Your call.

I am clearly playing the long game as I did with Trae, John, Kevin, De'Andre, and many others. I made the mistake of saying Luka's season last year couldn't be maintained long term to being a great player. I looked like an idiot calling him Tyreke Doncic and I have to own up that I didn't follow my eyes which said, with more experience, he could be the best in the league one day.

Sometimes you just gotta trust your eyes. **** them stats. So what Luka impact dipped in the 2nd half, it was a less than ideal situation for him. For Cam, if you watched all of our games, you would see a lot of improvement even if you see the same 2-10 results. To you, he was ass. To me, I noticed how he got to any spot, no one could contain him, he was open on his shots, he didn't get stripped in traffic like usual, he is starting to see the game, etc. But you just saw the 2-10 and assumed the worst. That's why I **** with you guys in this thread. You don't even understand the game all that well and that's fine, but I wish you would stop making these insane assertions like "historically bad rookie" and "bust" or "should have drafted XnX". Pure nonsense.


He has been historically bad rookie to this point. All advanced stats support this. I could start listing all of them but it would take me too long. Pick an advanced stat, scroll to the names at bottom of the list and you’ll see the name Reddish right there. Even his early hyped defense grades out poorly statistically now. This is not an exaggeration just because it’s something you want to ignore and call insane. That’s just your bias talking.

This is why I suggested that you play the long game because you can’t back up a single statement you’ve made about Reddish at this point. Not one. Trying to do so until he shows significant, marked improvement over a period of time only makes you look foolish.

Now you’ll probably completely ignore this advice and type another reply.

Stop this stat stuff man. Watch the games. I've said this with Trae at this time last year and will say it with Cam. Just watch the games. The kid is a freakish talent. It's all about putting it together and that's what Cam and the org is working on with him.

You keep talking about the adv stats and it doesn't paint Reddish in a good light. That's a fact. I am not disagreeing with that but just watch the games. That's all I ask, if you saw him in the preseason and in the first 10 games, you will see tremendous improvement and growth even in the stats don't look all that great.

Anyone who can watch the games can tell you that Reddish right now is a + defender, not ++ but +. Please let's not talk about defensive metrics on a team that starts Jabari Parker who by the DRAYMOND is the worst defender in the last 4 seasons and my eye tests think he currently is that as well. Damian Jones who is always out of position and a step slow as well as Trae Young who while he has made a lot of strides defensively, still has some work to do on that end as well. To say Cam is not a good defender just justifies my point that you simply don't watch the games. Same for Hunter who also is a good defender as well. As I said, when you don't watch the games, you sound like it as well. But but, the metrics. Watch the games son.

It's clear you want to be right even when you are dead ass wrong. You are talking to someone who's watched every minute of his games and some even twice as well as all of his cut clips and his Synergy data. I know Cam's game extremely well.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,598
And1: 2,647
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#531 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:52 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
This is one of the dumbest comments I’ve seen on this sub. He’s 19 years old in his rookie year. Historically there have been many 19 year olds with terrible first years who have become pretty darn good, even hall of famers. Games like these show what he’s capable of.


Can you name one terrible 19 year old rookie in the HOF? Just one.


First of all how do we know he’s terrible when he just had a great game? You can’t tell the future and the season still just started. We’re not even at the halfway point. Most rookies in general are typically bad or haven’t figured it out yet. Guys like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Dirk Nowitzki took time to figure the game out. And when you’re 18/19/20 your brain hasn’t even fully developed yet and you don’t have the confidence you have as you get older. The game is also more different now than it has ever been. There’s a learning curve between college and the NBA. You have to give young players time before you decide you’ve figured them out.
you'll probably just claim im a hater as reason to dismiss my take here but the truth is you're overreacting . i have always tried to just be a unbiased observer but based on my hatred of offensive only players like trae, most hawks fans think i hate all things atl.
the truth is atl reached on Reddish ,clearly 1 game doesnt change that.
not sure why anyone would get so excited over 25 points other than hes been so bad or that he was going to be doing that all season based on hawk homer projections and now he has 1 game representing some hope he can actually play in the league past his rookie deal ...whoopee there were plenty if similar minded cle homers at the bar and work getting all excited over Garland having a similar stat line against Dallas and Milwaukee neither of which respected his shooting when so he had clean looks.
Garland didnt do much in college either but he had the excuse of being injured...im not sure either him or Reddish are more than rotation players in this league if i were to base it on proof historically .
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,780
And1: 25,022
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#532 » by The_Hater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 5:59 pm

King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:I am clearly playing the long game as I did with Trae, John, Kevin, De'Andre, and many others. I made the mistake of saying Luka's season last year couldn't be maintained long term to being a great player. I looked like an idiot calling him Tyreke Doncic and I have to own up that I didn't follow my eyes which said, with more experience, he could be the best in the league one day.

Sometimes you just gotta trust your eyes. **** them stats. So what Luka impact dipped in the 2nd half, it was a less than ideal situation for him. For Cam, if you watched all of our games, you would see a lot of improvement even if you see the same 2-10 results. To you, he was ass. To me, I noticed how he got to any spot, no one could contain him, he was open on his shots, he didn't get stripped in traffic like usual, he is starting to see the game, etc. But you just saw the 2-10 and assumed the worst. That's why I **** with you guys in this thread. You don't even understand the game all that well and that's fine, but I wish you would stop making these insane assertions like "historically bad rookie" and "bust" or "should have drafted XnX". Pure nonsense.


He has been historically bad rookie to this point. All advanced stats support this. I could start listing all of them but it would take me too long. Pick an advanced stat, scroll to the names at bottom of the list and you’ll see the name Reddish right there. Even his early hyped defense grades out poorly statistically now. This is not an exaggeration just because it’s something you want to ignore and call insane. That’s just your bias talking.

This is why I suggested that you play the long game because you can’t back up a single statement you’ve made about Reddish at this point. Not one. Trying to do so until he shows significant, marked improvement over a period of time only makes you look foolish.

Now you’ll probably completely ignore this advice and type another reply.


Stop this stat stuff man. Watch the games..


This is exactly what people argue when the stats are really, really ugly and you can’t even cherry pick one number to prove your point. Way to stick to your guns. He’s looked like an all-star via the eye test. Got it. Think you made the exact same argument about his terrible freshman season at Duke didn’t you?

I didn’t bother reading the rest of your post because I’m sure it’s just as biased and fact deficient as everything else you’ve written. But I am going to do you a big favor and stop replying to all of them, and that will save you from writing even more silly, long-winded responses that you’re almost certainly going to regret in the future. Your Hawks bias and over enthusiasm here has pushed you over the line of practical and level-headed a very long time ago. I wish you could take a step back and see that but I understand that’s not part of your personality.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,598
And1: 2,647
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#533 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 5, 2019 6:08 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
He has been historically bad rookie to this point. All advanced stats support this. I could start listing all of them but it would take me too long. Pick an advanced stat, scroll to the names at bottom of the list and you’ll see the name Reddish right there. Even his early hyped defense grades out poorly statistically now. This is not an exaggeration just because it’s something you want to ignore and call insane. That’s just your bias talking.

This is why I suggested that you play the long game because you can’t back up a single statement you’ve made about Reddish at this point. Not one. Trying to do so until he shows significant, marked improvement over a period of time only makes you look foolish.

Now you’ll probably completely ignore this advice and type another reply.


Stop this stat stuff man. Watch the games..


This is exactly what people argue when the stats are really, really ugly and you can’t even cherry pick one number to prove your point. Way to stick to your guns. He’s looked like an all-star via the eye test. Got it. Think you made the exact same argument about his terrible freshman season at Duke didn’t you?

I didn’t bother reading the rest of your post because I’m sure it’s just as biased and fact deficient as everything else you’ve written. But I am going to do you a big favor and stop replying to all of them, and that will save you from writing even more silly, long-winded responses that you’re almost certainly going to regret in the future. Your Hawks bias and over enthusiasm here has pushed you over the line of practical and level-headed a very long time ago. I wish you could take a step back and see that but I understand that’s not part of your personality.

let him have his fun... Reddish had a good game and the guy is hoping he can get out of the hole he is in regarding his Reddish takes for the last year. :nonono: he still brings up my sarcastic comments about taking Yogi or Holiday over Trae but the truth is all three suck defensively don't they :lol: hence the point. to me you are only as good in the league as your weakest trait. Young has absolutely made me eat crow because he exploits defenses better than I expected, but his team is still losing because he does nada defensively and it :wink: :wink: has nothing to do with his teammates being bad because they are all future allstars :banghead:
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 23,299
And1: 8,348
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#534 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 5, 2019 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 10,024
And1: 7,203
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#535 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:16 pm

1st 5 games (October) of his NBA career - 1-18 from 3 for 5.5%
12 games in November: 12-43 for 27.9%
Last 5 games (December) : 11-28 from 3 for 39.3%

And still trending up with his defense.

Baby Steps!!!
GreatWhiteStiff
General Manager
Posts: 8,641
And1: 6,770
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill
 

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#536 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:07 am

more games where he's outscored his FGA 14 points on 13 shots (no FTA)...

16 on only 11 FGA (8 FTA only 5 makes). EFG% going up and TS% would be higher if not for some missed freebies. He's pretty good at those. I'm not at all sure those with faith that he's already become a reasonable scorer already have completely misplaced it.

If he's a plus defender and is scoring reasonably definitely seems like he has a place in the league even as an underdeveloped rookie.
"Yes because he completely turned around a disastrous 5-12 team and helped them in every facet of the game. If Melo keeps it up, he is legit MVP candidate."

-EricMillegan
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 39,088
And1: 44,615
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#537 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:00 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:more games where he's outscored his FGA 14 points on 13 shots (no FTA)...

16 on only 11 FGA (8 FTA only 5 makes). EFG% going up and TS% would be higher if not for some missed freebies. He's pretty good at those. I'm not at all sure those with faith that he's already become a reasonable scorer already have completely misplaced it.

If he's a plus defender and is scoring reasonably definitely seems like he has a place in the league even as an underdeveloped rookie.


he's always had a path to become at least a decent 3+D guy, which is why i still had him lotto range despite the **** year at Duke, size, athleticism, defense and volume shooting was always there.

anything more than a 3+D guy at this point should be considered icing on the cake by Atlanta.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
User avatar
big-shot-ROB
Senior
Posts: 555
And1: 444
Joined: May 18, 2017
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#538 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:12 am

I'm not giving up on Reddish until he is like 25. Just throw him into the lions even if right now is ugly. I trust in his smarts to eventually figure it out.

I still see some path where can be something more than a pure 3D guy.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 23,299
And1: 8,348
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#539 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,598
And1: 2,647
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#540 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:18 pm

run little rabbit run...
hes like a track dog chasing a dummy not the hound that tastes the prey.
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner

Return to NBA Draft