Cameron Reddish

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#681 » by clyde21 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:06 pm

^ dude, it's okay if people think he will 'just' be good instead of a star, it's fine.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#682 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:^ dude, it's okay if people think he will 'just' be good instead of a star, it's fine.

It's not in all honesty.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#683 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 pm

King Ken wrote:
clyde21 wrote:^ dude, it's okay if people think he will 'just' be good instead of a star, it's fine.

It's not in all honesty.

ok this i have to hear. Why can someone not have a difference of opinion in terms of projection?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,671

Post#684 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:

It's not in all honesty.

ok this i have to hear. Why can someone not have a difference of opinion in terms of projection?

Haha ya Im lost. Most people who were hard on Cam are on here saying he is playing well. Now that isn't enough, people have to crown him the next GOAT or something? haha. You still got a guy on the GB saying he wouldnt take Zion top 5 in a redraft, you got a lot of people still not super high on Zion because of his weight. Guess what that is perfectly fine. Totally fine to have a different point of view on something.

Cam on the season just cracked the 50% TS% barrier. His Per 36 is still just 14/5/2 on the season. Now again I understand he is shooting better over the last 2 months. Over the last 2 months he is averaging 14/3/1 in 29 minutes per game with more turnovers than assists. Again good on the 60 TS% in that time span. But its not like he is putting up historic numbers that it makes it a crazy thing to say, "Ya I think he could be good, still not seeing a guaranteed star though."
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#685 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 pm

King Ken wrote:

It's not in all honesty.

Take a deep breath. It's not that serious.

At any rate, I've loved what I've seen from Cam since the calendar year turned. I think it's a sign of things to come. He just needs to keep his confidence and swagger about him and he's going to be a really good player for the Hawks for a very long time.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,554

Post#686 » by azcatz11 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Honestly if you're that big of a homer like this dude is with Cam it's impossible to take any takes seriously...really doesn't provide any value when you know a poster is going to say 'OMG he's a superstar' right when his team drafts said player...just saying
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#687 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:49 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Honestly if you're that big of a homer like this dude is with Cam it's impossible to take any takes seriously...really doesn't provide any value when you know a poster is going to say 'OMG he's a superstar' right when his team drafts said player...just saying

i never saw that though, i give Ken benefit of the doubt because the Cam hate in some respects was OD considering the situation, so i let him rock and defend his guy as someone who watched him religiously should if the slander is over the top. so i wouldn't just outright say "homer" in general because he's pretty consistent with his viewpoint thus far even if they aren't Hawks. This last one is head scratching though. THAT i'm tuned in for.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
King Ken
General Manager

Post#688 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:15 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Honestly if you're that big of a homer like this dude is with Cam it's impossible to take any takes seriously...really doesn't provide any value when you know a poster is going to say 'OMG he's a superstar' right when his team drafts said player...just saying

I am far from a homer. I am just very high on Reddish as I was with Trae. It doesn't make any sense as someone who watches every game, multiple times that this kid doesn't become a star even if he doesn't reach what I think he should reach which is best player in the NBA one day status.

He's an obvious star. It's obvious. More obvious than even Trae where you could red tape it. You can't for Cam. If you watch all of the games, you know he's a future star as was Trae, both sooner than later. He is more talented than Trae. He is more talented than anyone in this draft class. It's not even close either and I watched at least close to 40% of this draft class players at least 60% of their full games. At least.

So when I say, it makes no sense not to see him as a future star, I am telling you outside of injury, there is no chance, he doesn't become a star. Superstar is clearly up for discussion but he will be a star. You can take that to the bank.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#689 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 pm

King Ken wrote:

I am far from a homer. I am just very high on Reddish as I was with Trae. It doesn't make any sense as someone who watches every game, multiple times that this kid doesn't become a star even if he doesn't reach what I think he should reach which is best player in the NBA one day status.

He's an obvious star. It's obvious. More obvious than even Trae where you could red tape it. You can't for Cam. If you watch all of the games, you know he's a future star as was Trae, both sooner than later. He is more talented than Trae. He is more talented than anyone in this draft class. It's not even close either and I watched at least close to 40% of this draft class players at least 60% of their full games. At least.

So when I say, it makes no sense not to see him as a future star, I am telling you outside of injury, there is no chance, he doesn't become a star. Superstar is clearly up for discussion but he will be a star. You can take that to the bank.

which is your opinion that you are more than welcome to live and die by. Doesn't mean someone else has to agree. There will always be someone that doesn't no matter what proof does or doesn't exist.
Watch More Basketball

King Ken
General Manager

Post#690 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:

which is your opinion that you are more than welcome to live and die by. Doesn't mean someone else has to agree. There will always be someone that doesn't no matter what proof does or doesn't exist.

You can feel free he can be a bust. You can feel free he is the worst starter in NBA history. You can feel free of any opinion. One of which I agree. But when someone ask me is it okay to feel that I just think he's going to be good, are you okay with that? I am not. I wasn't with Trae Young and I am damn sure not okay with that for Cam Reddish.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#691 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:35 pm

King Ken wrote:
Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:I am far from a homer. I am just very high on Reddish as I was with Trae. It doesn't make any sense as someone who watches every game, multiple times that this kid doesn't become a star even if he doesn't reach what I think he should reach which is best player in the NBA one day status.

You can feel free he can be a bust. You can feel free he is the worst starter in NBA history. You can feel free of any opinion. One of which I agree. But when someone ask me is it okay to feel that I just think he's going to be good, are you okay with that? I am not. I wasn't with Trae Young and I am damn sure not okay with that for Cam Reddish.

he didn't ask you if you thought Cam would be just ok. He made a statement IRT someone else possibly feeling that way. you not agreeing is perfectly fine but to say someone can't feel that way is a bit much no? Let whomever doesn't agree live and die in the wrong. You see the wave coming and we have a FANTASTIC "Hall of fame hits" stickied for you to bask in absolute glory when Cam is 1st team all-NBA and is 1a on a title favorite Hawks teams. In the meantime it's ok for everyone to feel different.
Watch More Basketball

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#692 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Marcus wrote:

he didn't ask you if you thought Cam would be just ok. He made a statement IRT someone else possibly feeling that way. you not agreeing is perfectly fine but to say someone can't feel that way is a bit much no? Let whomever doesn't agree live and die in the wrong. You see the wave coming and we have a FANTASTIC "Hall of fame hits" stickied for you to bask in absolute glory when Cam is 1st team all-NBA and is 1a on a title favorite Hawks teams. In the meantime it's ok for everyone to feel different.

I am pretty sure nobody thinks King Ken isn't the real Mr. Reddish
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
King Ken
General Manager

Post#693 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Well understood. I did not mean to come across not to make him feel like his opinion couldn't be his opinion. I am a fair guy, we are all entitled to our opinion.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#694 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:You can feel free he can be a bust. You can feel free he is the worst starter in NBA history. You can feel free of any opinion. One of which I agree. But when someone ask me is it okay to feel that I just think he's going to be good, are you okay with that? I am not. I wasn't with Trae Young and I am damn sure not okay with that for Cam Reddish.

I am clearly not Cam or someone who knows him personally. I am Basketball observer like most on here are. Now some people here who think Yogi Ferrell and Aaron Holiday are better than Trae Young might not be Basketball observers. Maybe they never seen the sport and just choose random names from Google and just put two and two together in an illogical way.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#695 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 pm

King Ken wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Marcus wrote:

I am clearly not Cam or someone who knows him personally. I am Basketball observer like most on here are. Now some people here who think Yogi Ferrell and Aaron Holiday are better than Trae Young might not be Basketball observers. Maybe they never seen the sport and just choose random names from Google and just put two and two together in an illogical way.

Ok funny guy... I was poking fun at your homerism and you took it quite well.
I still take yogi or holiday when I need a couple of bad defenders over Trae the worst in the league.
FYI Trae still sucks. His numbers are so padded is laughable he was chosen to the all star game.
I mean anyone do good at setting up teammates should be able to lead them to the playoffs right...wrong because he is a massive liability on defense and so far looks like he always will be.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#696 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm

NBA Rookies Who Were Just Starting to Prove Themselves

Cam Reddish, Atlanta Hawks

Hot streak to close season:
12 games

Stats during streak: 15.9 PPG, 48.9% FG, 40.3% 3PT

There isn't a measure to assess confidence except for the eye test, and it's detecting a different level for Cam Reddish since February.

His recent surge highlights the benefits that come with allowing rookies to play through mistakes. Reddish looks far more comfortable and decisive with his shot selection. Consequently, he's executing at a much better rate, putting together super-efficient scoring outputs over his last month: 22 points on 14 shots against the Charlotte Hornets, 28 points on 11-of-17 against the Washington Wizards, 26 points on 9-of-14 against the Brooklyn Nets.

Shot-making has always been Reddish's bread and butter, and that's propelled this streak. Over the final 12 games, he averaged 2.1 made threes and a variety of slick mid-range jumpers. For the season, he was at 43.9 percent on medium-range jumpers, per Synergy Sports.

But he also started to show more ball-handling shake off the dribble than he did at Duke, when the offense ran through Zion Williamson, RJ Barrett and Tre Jones. Reddish often played point guard in high school, and though playmaking won't be part of his package early in Atlanta, more creativity is appearing on hesitation drives, off-the-dribble footwork, and pull-ups and step-backs.

Defensively, there was always a lot to feel good about with Reddish's positional tools, foot speed and anticipation. But his scoring versatility was coming to life before the hiatus hit, and previous concerns about his offensive game were quickly fading.
Bleacher Report

Return to NBA Draft