Nassir Little

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Nassir Little 

Post#401 » by Stillwater » Fri Apr 5, 2019 2:04 am

When teams work out Little and he is scoring everything from all 3 levels, they'll immediately ignore his mental deficiencies as a player in college and propel him right back into the top 10.
If he bricks everything he could fall to 25 where CLE will gladly take their chances on developing a prospect of his freakish explosiveness and blazing mentality
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#402 » by logical_art » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 am

What's people's take on Little? He's obviously got the physical tools and his length was confirmed at the combine with an 8'8.5" standing reach. Does he have the reputation as a worker who can continue to improve a lot at the NBA like say Jimmy Butler?
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#403 » by Axolotl » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am

logical_art wrote:What's people's take on Little? He's obviously got the physical tools and his length was confirmed at the combine with an 8'8.5" standing reach. Does he have the reputation as a worker who can continue to improve a lot at the NBA like say Jimmy Butler?

I'm under the impression that he is considered a worker. What he should work on the most is his understanding of the game. He is pretty clueless on where to be and what to do in a game setting.

I believe he will figure it out eventually, and become a good pro. Steal of the draft potential.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#404 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:37 pm

one of those prospects that falls in the draft but takes over the league in 4 years...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#405 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 pm

I could see him becoming a non-insane version of Isaiah Rider. High flying but reckless at times. I think he can develop into a 35-37% 3PT shooter in the league as well.

On the other hand, I am not sure what makes Little a top 10 pick and Diallo a R2 pick.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#406 » by King Ken » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Stillwater wrote:one of those prospects that falls in the draft but takes over the league in 4 years...

One of four prospects i strongly believe has multiple all star potential regardless of where he is drafted in this class.

Zion
R.J.
Ja
And him.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#407 » by King Ken » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:23 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I could see him becoming a non-insane version of Isaiah Rider. High flying but reckless at times. I think he can develop into a 35-37% 3PT shooter in the league as well.

On the other hand, I am not sure what makes Little a top 10 pick and Diallo a R2 pick.

The difference is obvious. Both are freak athletes but Nas has an elite frame, Diallo barely has a NBA one. I think Nas is as rare as Eric Bledsoe and Russell Westbrook as freak Basketball functional athletes who have elite frames for their position.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#408 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Nas is a good straight line athlete but I wouldnt call him freaky at all...change of direction and agility are bad
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#409 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Feel like we end up with him
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#410 » by NotACat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:31 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Feel like we end up with him

Do the Pistons pick him over Keldon Johnson or Cam Johnson? Pistons need the shooting, so do you believe in Nassir to develop it or pick someone who already has it?
Black Lives Matter
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#411 » by karkinos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:15 pm

20+ pages on this guy...unexpected.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#412 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:26 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I could see him becoming a non-insane version of Isaiah Rider. High flying but reckless at times. I think he can develop into a 35-37% 3PT shooter in the league as well.

dumb G.M.s that what. No way Diallo should have been taken after several of the first rounders last draft.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#413 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:43 am

Weird thing about Nassir is that in HS he was a more slim and agile player, and showed signs of developing shot creation and off the dribble game. He goes to UNC and bulks up in order to play the 4, and it sort of halts his development. To reach his ceiling at the next level IMO he needs to go to a team that returns him to that more agile style of play, while still maintaining his power.

Still feel that Little has great athleticism at the 3/4, when compared to combo-Fs like Harrison Barnes or Stanley Johnson he is longer and so much more explosive and I think that’s what could set him apart. He’s so powerful as an athlete that if he even develops a rudimentary face-up game he will be able to draw FTs and consistently put up pts & rebs. Reportedly he’s been shooting well in workouts too and it’s raised some eyebrows. For all his flaws, if Little had shot 34% 3pt instead of 28% he’s a lock for the top 10.

IF you believe in his shooting then it’s very possible Nas is going to be a steal where he gets drafted .
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#414 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:57 am

logical_art wrote:What's people's take on Little? He's obviously got the physical tools and his length was confirmed at the combine with an 8'8.5" standing reach. Does he have the reputation as a worker who can continue to improve a lot at the NBA like say Jimmy Butler?

Don’t see a Butler comp - he’s way higher IQ player and craftier, plus he has ballhandling/playmaking ability that Nassir will likely never develop.

But if you meant just in terms of being a hard worker.. yes and tbh I could see Little in his prime turning himself into a player similar to Gerald Wallace (best case scenario). They both have that same violent energy + athleticism , but similarly it may take Little a while to figure out how to contribute to winning basketball without hurting his team.

If Nas becomes decent at finishing straight line drives, then his NBA game will look something like Rondae Hollis Jefferson. Granted RHJs shooting form simply doesnt allow him to shoot 3s which made him a pariah in BKNs system, so ultimately he was forced to pack on 15lbs and become a smallball C. Nassir shouldn’t follow the same fate - I fully expect him to shoot the 3 competently enough to play PF/SF. But how much he improves his handle and shotcreation is the million dollar question, personally I’m not very optimistic.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#415 » by No-Man » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 am

Wallace was a way better athlete imo

To me he is close to Danuel House/Ken Faried
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#416 » by logical_art » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:

Don’t see a Butler comp - he’s way higher IQ player and craftier, plus he has ballhandling/playmaking ability that Nassir will likely never develop.

But if you meant just in terms of being a hard worker.. yes and tbh I could see Little in his prime turning himself into a player similar to Gerald Wallace (best case scenario). They both have that same violent energy + athleticism , but similarly it may take Little a while to figure out how to contribute to winning basketball without hurting his team.

If Nas becomes decent at finishing straight line drives, then his NBA game will look something like Rondae Hollis Jefferson. Granted RHJs shooting form simply doesnt allow him to shoot 3s which made him a pariah in BKNs system, so ultimately he was forced to pack on 15lbs and become a smallball C. Nassir shouldn’t follow the same fate - I fully expect him to shoot the 3 competently enough to play PF/SF. But how much he improves his handle and shotcreation is the million dollar question, personally I’m not very optimistic.

Butler was really raw coming out even after 3 years of college. He played a lot of PF.

Butler has improved his game at the pro level better than any other player I can remember.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#417 » by Village Idiot » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:23 am

I think dropping to 25 and Portland is going to be a god-send for Little. He gets to:

- go to a team that won't expect him to contribute from day 1- he can't realistically
- go to a team with a great locker room, strong culture and veteran leadership. He will be held accountable and be expected to comport like a professional
- go to a team where he fills a position of need within 2-3 years
- go to a team with a history of developing players
- gets to play with a guy in Anfernee Simons whom he already knows and likes
- gets to play on a young, high energy bench unit with Simons and Labissiere

I'm sure he's disappointed he didn't go high lottery but I can't imagine a better fit for him long-term. If he plays his cards right he might just be the Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler of this draft.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#418 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:28 pm

I am pretty excited he dropped to Portland, but have zero 'star' expectations for him. To me his development curve is this:

Ceiling - Gerald Wallace
Middle - Jae Crowder
Floor - Stanley Johnson

So, selecting a Jae Crowder level role player at #25 is a 'hit' to me. Hope he can be a bit more dynamic than Crowder, and think he can in time.

Really think Portland has drafted well the past three years with Collin / Simmons / Little. Really happy about this youth.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#419 » by prime1time » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:44 am

I was horrified by Little's lack of ball handling. I think he's a bigger, more athletic, worse shooting version of Ben Mclemore.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#420 » by sam_I_am » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm

I think he could be Jaylen Brown like if he has the right work ethic. I think he’ll have a chip on his shoulder. I also think because he came out of nowhere as senior in HS that he has had less development than others who played on US basketball etc. He has a lot of work to do but he has the physical ability to be a good pro which is not something you see every year at pick 25.

Return to NBA Draft