Josh Green

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

azcatz11
Head Coach
And1: 7,137

Josh Green 

Post#1 » by azcatz11 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 8:49 pm

Thoughts? He's an Australian who moved to the US somewhat recently I believe. He's listed as a top 10 player in the country.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,788

Re: Josh Green 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Thu Oct 4, 2018 10:05 pm

love him. definitely on my radar going forward.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 4,778

Post#3 » by DirtyDez » Thu Oct 4, 2018 10:29 pm

He’s a complete player and more of a Miller player than guys like Trier, Alkins and Kobi. He kinda reminds me of Nick Johnson but with NBA upside. Probably a 2-year player.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,932

Post#4 » by GimmeDat » Fri Oct 5, 2018 5:19 am

In the other thread I used Gary Harris as a comparison, though Josh is a tiny bit bigger and probably a bit better athlete, with Harris being the more developed shooter.

I don't see why he can't/shouldn't be a one and done, as you said in the OP, he's a possible top 10 pick.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 12,617

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 am

I'd say a one and done prospect.

I want to say a Dion Waiters that plays within his skillset.

Needs to work on his shooting, form is good but seems like he needs reps. FT and 3p% aren't ideal.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 1,875

Post#6 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:04 pm

I get the feel that he's a springier Jamal Murray. Has some combo guard ability but his instincts are to score. I like him as a prospect and think/hopes he does very well at Zona amd beyond.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 150

Post#7 » by skiz2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm

I am angry he choose Arizona over my Heels. The cats got a really good one. Hyper athletic, very high basketball IQ, versatile can play the 2-4 easily. Not sure he is the creative type that many on here have compared him to. His jumpshot is effective, yet a little bit funky, chicken wings it out. I think he reminds me most of Justise Winslow, who anyone would take a year of college from. Plays hard and smart. Really jealous of Arizona.
getrichordie
Lead Assistant
And1: 838

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 am

For some reason, he reminds me a little of Zach Lavine. He’s got that quick twitch athleticism and he can get up. I wouldn’t say he is the leaper LaVine is, but dude has hops.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations."
--Peter F. Drucker
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 4,778

Post#9 » by DirtyDez » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 am

Looks the part:

;feature=youtu.be
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,932

Post#10 » by GimmeDat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:29 am

DirtyDez wrote:Looks the part:

;feature=youtu.be

I don't follow HS hoops too intently, I don't know how far his skills are actually developing, but from what I've seen in highlights lately, his passing chops have really stood out, and the shot's looking confident.

I don't know the nuances of his game in the half-court, but you combine those developments with his good size and length, his great athleticism, and from what I've seen a good feel for the game, and you have an extremely well rounded prospect.

It was recently announced he was available and named to Australia's u19 squad, which is pretty exciting because we don't usually our top U.S. based guys play for our junior squads, so pretty excited to see him suite up for that. Again, I don't usually watch junior ball, but this team has Green, Wigness, and some other intriguing long term prospects. Apparently Makur Maker made himself available but wasn't on the squad list, which surprises me, I'm trying to find out whether he's going to be a part of it or not. But I'll be tuning in to that team intently.

Return to NBA Draft