Josh Green

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Josh Green 

Post#1 » by azcatz11 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 8:49 pm

Thoughts? He's an Australian who moved to the US somewhat recently I believe. He's listed as a top 10 player in the country.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Josh Green 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Thu Oct 4, 2018 10:05 pm

love him. definitely on my radar going forward.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#3 » by DirtyDez » Thu Oct 4, 2018 10:29 pm

He’s a complete player and more of a Miller player than guys like Trier, Alkins and Kobi. He kinda reminds me of Nick Johnson but with NBA upside. Probably a 2-year player.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#4 » by GimmeDat » Fri Oct 5, 2018 5:19 am

In the other thread I used Gary Harris as a comparison, though Josh is a tiny bit bigger and probably a bit better athlete, with Harris being the more developed shooter.

I don't see why he can't/shouldn't be a one and done, as you said in the OP, he's a possible top 10 pick.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 am

I'd say a one and done prospect.

I want to say a Dion Waiters that plays within his skillset.

Needs to work on his shooting, form is good but seems like he needs reps. FT and 3p% aren't ideal.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#6 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:04 pm

I get the feel that he's a springier Jamal Murray. Has some combo guard ability but his instincts are to score. I like him as a prospect and think/hopes he does very well at Zona amd beyond.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#7 » by skiz2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm

I am angry he choose Arizona over my Heels. The cats got a really good one. Hyper athletic, very high basketball IQ, versatile can play the 2-4 easily. Not sure he is the creative type that many on here have compared him to. His jumpshot is effective, yet a little bit funky, chicken wings it out. I think he reminds me most of Justise Winslow, who anyone would take a year of college from. Plays hard and smart. Really jealous of Arizona.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 am

For some reason, he reminds me a little of Zach Lavine. He’s got that quick twitch athleticism and he can get up. I wouldn’t say he is the leaper LaVine is, but dude has hops.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[twitter] @thunderdustin
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#9 » by DirtyDez » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 am

Looks the part:

;feature=youtu.be
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by GimmeDat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:29 am

DirtyDez wrote:Looks the part:

;feature=youtu.be

I don't follow HS hoops too intently, I don't know how far his skills are actually developing, but from what I've seen in highlights lately, his passing chops have really stood out, and the shot's looking confident.

I don't know the nuances of his game in the half-court, but you combine those developments with his good size and length, his great athleticism, and from what I've seen a good feel for the game, and you have an extremely well rounded prospect.

It was recently announced he was available and named to Australia's u19 squad, which is pretty exciting because we don't usually our top U.S. based guys play for our junior squads, so pretty excited to see him suite up for that. Again, I don't usually watch junior ball, but this team has Green, Wigness, and some other intriguing long term prospects. Apparently Makur Maker made himself available but wasn't on the squad list, which surprises me, I'm trying to find out whether he's going to be a part of it or not. But I'll be tuning in to that team intently.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#11 » by azcatz11 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:31 am

How has your opinion of Josh Green changed now that we are about half way thru the season?

Averaging about 13 ppg, 5 boards, 2.5 assists on 44% / 32% splits

I like that he is a high energy guy always brings it on defense. He can get lost in the offense in certain games but I don't know if that is a negative yet. His 3 ball is kind of streaky...I think he's a relatively average 3 point shooter at the next level at best.

I assume he's going to declare this year and could sneak into the lottery.

My NBA comp for him is OG Anunoby
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#12 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 am

azcatz11 wrote:How has your opinion of Josh Green changed now that we are about half way thru the season?

Averaging about 13 ppg, 5 boards, 2.5 assists on 44% / 32% splits

I like that he is a high energy guy always brings it on defense. He can get lost in the offense in certain games but I don't know if that is a negative yet. His 3 ball is kind of streaky...I think he's a relatively average 3 point shooter at the next level at best.

I assume he's going to declare this year and could sneak into the lottery.

My NBA comp for him is OG Anunoby

A little different to how I expected, but stock's still around where most predicted, I would say.

I probably underrated how big he is a little bit - he genuinely looks like he could play a fair bit of 3 out there.

Anyway, yeah I'm pretty pleased with Green. I want to see him continue to develop the skill-set, but the defense has been excellent, he's very good in the open court as predicted, the passing knack as I noted has shown up, and he's impressed with some nice touch which is encouraging for long term projection.

Gotta improve his overall finishing and 3 point rate though. He does that and he'll be a very good role-player. He develops the handle and/or any shooting versatility then perhaps his ceiling is higher.

But right now he's displaying a good foundation for NBA success, I would say.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#13 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 am

i don't know about the OG comp...not the power player OG is, not as good on defense even though Green is pretty good himself

i dunno who i'd comp him to...maybe a Will Barton? he has some Klay to his game too. low end maybe Alec Burks.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#14 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:35 pm

I am a huge fan of his. I cant remember the last pure SG that displayed the defensive instincts and motor that he does. His offense is a work in progress, but its not something he has to build from the ground up or anything.

Very specific comparison, but he is like a (much) better shooting, UTA era Ronnie Brewer IMO. I like his fit in Portland if we move Simons for a forward. He would be a great defensive compliment, and energy guy, next to Damian or CJ. His defense and motor is NBA ready, as is his frame IMO. Just needs to show 32-35% 3PT shooting as a spotup guy and he can get rotation minutes as a rookie on a playoff caliber team IMO.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#15 » by No-Man » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:42 pm

He reminds me of Josh Hart with better athletic traits, little bit of Wes Matthews and Danny Green as well, he is a dense, thick guy
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#16 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:51 pm

He reminds me of Josh Hart with better athletic traits, little bit of Wes Matthews and Danny Green as well, he is a dense, thick guy

Some really nice comparisons. I think he falls somewhere between Hart and Wes. But, a common theme among all these comparisons are they are the types of players good teams have, and want. If your not getting 20+ppg of efficient scoring from your SG, you want to fill that spot with a guy like Hart, Wes, Green, etc.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#17 » by babyjax13 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:05 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Some really nice comparisons. I think he falls somewhere between Hart and Wes. But, a common theme among all these comparisons are they are the types of players good teams have, and want. If your not getting 20+ppg of efficient scoring from your SG, you want to fill that spot with a guy like Hart, Wes, Green, etc.

Norman Powell?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#18 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:34 pm

He's the prospect a team that wants to contend in the next few years will want to take IMO. SG has the smallest talent depth in the league and he could be a top 10 SG in the NBA after 2 seasons.

I stand by my initial assessment as a Waiters with strong BBIQ. Josh isn't slashing as much as I expected, I don't know if it's the gameplan in Arizona or if he's pulled back a bit.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#19 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:49 pm

zimpy27 wrote:He's the prospect a team that wants to contend in the next few years will want to take IMO. SG has the smallest talent depth in the league and he could be a top 10 SG in the NBA after 2 seasons.

he should be on the Warriors' radar if (they should) trade down
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#20 » by No-Man » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:57 am

At the same time getting a solid replacement for a guy of this ilk unless they hit high isn't that difficult, I like Green but can't be too high on him, he is safe though

Return to NBA Draft