Hall Of Fame Hits

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, Marcus

ayyayyron
Sophomore
Posts: 205
And1: 121
Joined: Oct 29, 2020
 

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#41 » by ayyayyron » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:20 pm

I was all over Giannis since draft day. I saw his build, wingspan, and mindset and was confident that he'd develop into an all-star at the very least. I was right on that part, though I did think he'd turn into more of a KD-type player than the Shaq-type beast who just won 2 MVPs.

That makes me 1 for 2 on Bucks draft predictions - I'm still trying to forget the praise I gave Jabari Parker back in the day :(
"No, I am not a fan of the player or team I just posted about. So if you disagree with me, just comment why and we can discuss that civilly. No need to attack me for my opinion. Carry on."

-Ayyayyron, who has done messed up far too many times
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,425
And1: 407
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#42 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:06 am

ayyayyron wrote:I was all over Giannis since draft day. I saw his build, wingspan, and mindset and was confident that he'd develop into an all-star at the very least. I was right on that part, though I did think he'd turn into more of a KD-type player than the Shaq-type beast who just won 2 MVPs.

That makes me 1 for 2 on Bucks draft predictions - I'm still trying to forget the praise I gave Jabari Parker back in the day :(


Yes, because they picked him at 15. You did not find this kid. He was in third division Greece.
treefi
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 626
Joined: Jul 11, 2002
Contact:

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#43 » by treefi » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Marcus wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:i wanted to boast myself how I was dead right on Hezonja, but I found all 2015 thread of his, and I am honestly was too generous, way way too generous, was just afraid to go all in and said how overrated I really thought he was. I said I dont see star potential unless he really develops into an elite shooter, which I guess was fair. But I did said that IMO Bellinelli and JR Smith were more talented.


find those quotes and bring um through. lol. I have one in mind but the search function is down. Somebody pretty much accurately predicted Steph Curry's MVP type numbers before he got in the league. I would have thought whoever that was would have been first up to bat to take the credit on that one.


I think that might be me.

treefi wrote:i've been saying this since curry's very first game against north carolina... he can be an NBA superstar... of course this always leads to 'too skinny'.. 'ball-hog'... 'too short'... 'can't play point'.. 'can't play the 2'.. 'doesn't play defense'.. 'good bench player at best'...

well ... just wait, doubters... players like curry don't come around often... he will find ways to be successful, always.. in 3 years he will have the highest basketball IQ in entire league... combine that with one of the best jump shots... it's so obvious, i just don't understand how people can't see it.
treefi
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 626
Joined: Jul 11, 2002
Contact:

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#44 » by treefi » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:53 pm

treefi wrote:everyone will soon realize stephen curry is the best player from this draft class. he can be a superstar in a few years. i see him putting up 12ppg - 2rpg - 6apg - 2spg this year in 25-28mpg and 24ppg - 4rpg - 9apg - 3spg in his prime.

i've been on board since his very first game against north carolina. he's special. the real deal. it's so obvious... most of you are so blind.

stephen curry >>> o.j. mayo


I was just a kid then. Weird.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,587
And1: 4,427
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#45 » by Marcus » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:55 pm

treefi wrote:
Marcus wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:i wanted to boast myself how I was dead right on Hezonja, but I found all 2015 thread of his, and I am honestly was too generous, way way too generous, was just afraid to go all in and said how overrated I really thought he was. I said I dont see star potential unless he really develops into an elite shooter, which I guess was fair. But I did said that IMO Bellinelli and JR Smith were more talented.


find those quotes and bring um through. lol. I have one in mind but the search function is down. Somebody pretty much accurately predicted Steph Curry's MVP type numbers before he got in the league. I would have thought whoever that was would have been first up to bat to take the credit on that one.


I think that might be me.

treefi wrote:i've been saying this since curry's very first game against north carolina... he can be an NBA superstar... of course this always leads to 'too skinny'.. 'ball-hog'... 'too short'... 'can't play point'.. 'can't play the 2'.. 'doesn't play defense'.. 'good bench player at best'...

well ... just wait, doubters... players like curry don't come around often... he will find ways to be successful, always.. in 3 years he will have the highest basketball IQ in entire league... combine that with one of the best jump shots... it's so obvious, i just don't understand how people can't see it.


Wasn't that one. Someone had called damn near exact stats from an MVP season. But this is fantastic insight.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,587
And1: 4,427
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#46 » by Marcus » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:56 pm

treefi wrote:
treefi wrote:everyone will soon realize stephen curry is the best player from this draft class. he can be a superstar in a few years. i see him putting up 12ppg - 2rpg - 6apg - 2spg this year in 25-28mpg and 24ppg - 4rpg - 9apg - 3spg in his prime.

i've been on board since his very first game against north carolina. he's special. the real deal. it's so obvious... most of you are so blind.

stephen curry >>> o.j. mayo


I was just a kid then. Weird.


Yeah this is the one!!!! I was off on the numbers but this was a fantastic call. You sir are the reason for the thread
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
treefi
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 626
Joined: Jul 11, 2002
Contact:

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#47 » by treefi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:16 am

Marcus wrote:
treefi wrote:
treefi wrote:everyone will soon realize stephen curry is the best player from this draft class. he can be a superstar in a few years. i see him putting up 12ppg - 2rpg - 6apg - 2spg this year in 25-28mpg and 24ppg - 4rpg - 9apg - 3spg in his prime.

i've been on board since his very first game against north carolina. he's special. the real deal. it's so obvious... most of you are so blind.

stephen curry >>> o.j. mayo


I was just a kid then. Weird.


Yeah this is the one!!!! I was off on the numbers but this was a fantastic call. You sir are the reason for the thread


I don't remember being such a dick about it back then sorry about that. :D :lol:

Just got lucky really. I noticed his unbelievable shooting ability early on by randomly catching that North Carolina game. Then I kept watching him play, and you know how that goes. He kept delivering in the clutch unlike anyone else. Plus I figured he grew up around professional NBA players his entire life. After I saw him easily shift to point guard at Davidson, I was convinced he'd be a future superstar.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,587
And1: 4,427
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#48 » by Marcus » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:04 am

treefi wrote:
Marcus wrote:
treefi wrote:
I was just a kid then. Weird.


Yeah this is the one!!!! I was off on the numbers but this was a fantastic call. You sir are the reason for the thread


I don't remember being such a dick about it back then sorry about that. :D :lol:

Just got lucky really. I noticed his unbelievable shooting ability early on by randomly catching that North Carolina game. Then I kept watching him play, and you know how that goes. He kept delivering in the clutch unlike anyone else. Plus I figured he grew up around professional NBA players his entire life. After I saw him easily shift to point guard at Davidson, I was convinced he'd be a future superstar.


Really good call sir.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

Return to NBA Draft