Darius Garland

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Re: Darius Garland 

Post#181 » by MemphisX » Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 pm

clyde21 wrote:#7 for Ball is okay value, but I'd almost rather just take Coby at that point...you get 2 extra years of Coby on the rookie scale, and I don't think he's that much worse as a prospect at this point.

Suns cannot go in to next season depending upon a rookie PG. They have had 4 sub-25 win seasons in a row. Another one and they can kiss Booker goodbye.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#182 » by No-Man » Mon May 20, 2019 1:12 pm

The Suns have Okobo, Melton, Johnson as solid off-ball Guards bets, dunno if I would draft another one in White

Garland maybe, I'd probably pass on both esp if Culver is available, easily best case scenario for them

I'd probably just draft Brandon Clarke if Culver isn't there, sadly for them Clarke's range has gotten too high to trade down, likely no chance he gets past 12th, so moving down from 6th and securing him it's extremely risky
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#183 » by Coeur » Mon May 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Fischella wrote:The Suns have Okobo, Melton, Johnson as solid off-ball Guards bets, dunno if I would draft another one in White

Garland maybe, I'd probably pass on both esp if Culver is available, easily best case scenario for them

I'd probably just draft Brandon Clarke if Culver isn't there, sadly for them Clarke's range has gotten too high to trade down, likely no chance he gets past 12th, so moving down from 6th and securing him it's extremely risky

I really want to see a good team end up w Clarke somehow because I think he could be like a Draymond effect on the right team. A superstar role player.

Nugs are the perfect landing spot for Clarke. But as far as the **** teams I guess atleast the Lakers and suns would be ok w me to see him more
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#184 » by No-Man » Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Clarke is going to end up with the Suns, Hawks, Wizards, Wolves or Hornets
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#185 » by EvanZ » Mon May 20, 2019 10:48 pm

MemphisX wrote:
clyde21 wrote:#7 for Ball is okay value, but I'd almost rather just take Coby at that point...you get 2 extra years of Coby on the rookie scale, and I don't think he's that much worse as a prospect at this point.

Suns cannot go in to next season depending upon a rookie PG. They have had 4 sub-25 win seasons in a row. Another one and they can kiss Booker goodbye.

Booker just signed a gigantic max deal that runs through 2024. He ain't going anywhere, for better or worse.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#186 » by Coeur » Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Fischella wrote:Clarke is going to end up with the Suns, Hawks, Wizards, Wolves or Hornets

Ouch. Looks like suns is best. Terrible group of landing spots for Clarke. Lakers or Suns. Or wolves or whoever to trade to Nugs

Hawks are in a really good spot at 8&10. I was hoping they’d avoid Clarke but that would be hard to do with 2 picks
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#187 » by MemphisX » Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 am

EvanZ wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

Booker just signed a gigantic max deal that runs through 2024. He ain't going anywhere, for better or worse.

Contract means nothing if he asks for a trade.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#188 » by clyde21 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:55 am

MemphisX wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

im not even talking about the Suns I'm talking about the 7th pick (Bulls)
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#189 » by Saberestar » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am

Fischella wrote:The Suns have Okobo, Melton, Johnson as solid off-ball Guards bets, dunno if I would draft another one in White

Okobo and Melton solid off-ball Guards bets???

They were TERRIBLE all season long, not surprise because both are second round picks who are just enjoying that are in the NBA.

You can not rely on any of them for next season.

The only proven G that the Suns have who is solid as you said is Tyler Johnson.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#190 » by Stillwater » Tue May 21, 2019 11:06 am

Fischella wrote:Clarke is going to end up with the Suns, Hawks, Wizards, Wolves or Hornets

yeah if Wiz dont overpick BC he will probably slide to 18. i dont see the hornets and definitely not suns at 6 maybe hawks at 10 since they cant scout unless the prospect made highlight reels consistently.
hes proven to be too small to play the 5 at just above 200 and the less than special length ,regardless of explosiveness and motor.
id pick him at 14 and flip him if i had 3 1sts.
Garland should go 6 or 7 due to injury but would not be surprising if he went 3rd or 4th either.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#191 » by EvanZ » Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm

MemphisX wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

You might be right if teams were jumping to take on his bloated deal. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#192 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 pm

MemphisX wrote:

Booker is locked up long term.

I also think Colby fits better with the Sun's than Lonzo. He WAS running Roy Williams North Carolina fast break offense at the best level it's been run at in years.

Lonzo to me, is a wing who can handle the ball well, run a good fast break and is an excellent passer.

To me, Colby is a guard who can shoot from three well (and FT%), run a good fast break and is an ok passer.

Lonzo is definitely a better defender but is horrible off ball on offense.

Player who are key for Phoniex that are bad off ball players on offense:
Ayton
Warren
Jackson

Player who are good offball for Phoniex offense:
Booker
Bridges

Colby White fits better, and is cheaper.

If someone wanted to argue Lonzo is better I'm willing to hear that, but all that offense needs to open it up is another guy who can run an offense and knows when and how to get out of the way when stars Ayton and Booker are trying to score.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#193 » by doordoor123 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:29 pm

EvanZ wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

For worse is he forces a trade, like many stars do.
It would be stupid for the Suns to rely on a drafted point guard. They should be going after experience, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still draft a PG to grow below that experienced point guard.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#194 » by Pharmcat » Fri May 24, 2019 1:12 am

am I the only one who is high on Garland? there is something about his game that tells me he is going to be a star in the league.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#195 » by Stillwater » Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 am

Pharmcat wrote:am I the only one who is high on Garland? there is something about his game that tells me he is going to be a star in the league.

I have a reserved stance on his length or lack thereof, and not sold on his athleticism with his likely struggles defending on switches as a result of both and some concerns with finishing at the next level due to strength issues, but his ability to knock down tough shot after tough shot along with his ability to create for himself and likely progression at finding teammates due to an elite bbiq make him very likely to be worthy of a top 7 pick and eventually being an allstar level pg esp keeping the ball on a string like he does
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#196 » by Pharmcat » Fri May 24, 2019 3:32 am

Stillwater wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:am I the only one who is high on Garland? there is something about his game that tells me he is going to be a star in the league.

I have a reserved stance on his length or lack thereof, and not sold on his athleticism with his likely struggles defending on switches as a result of both and some concerns with finishing at the next level due to strength issues, but his ability to knock down tough shot after tough shot along with his ability to create for himself and likely progression at finding teammates due to an elite bbiq make him very likely to be worthy of a top 7 pick and eventually being an allstar level pg esp keeping the ball on a string like he does

Is Dame a good comp?
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#197 » by nicnac215 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Is Dame a good comp?

Dame is a much better athlete than Garland but both are sharp shooting scoring pgs
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#198 » by EMG518 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 pm

You cant be the only one, he is projected to go 4th in the draft. I think everyone sees the same thing with him, size/athleticism the question but everything else looks right.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#199 » by Illmatic12 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Is Dame a good comp?

He isn’t as explosive or strong as Lillard.
I think people often ignore physical attributes when making draft comps.

Realistically, if Garland’s skill set translated to the NBA as a Lou Williams type-player that would be a great outcome.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#200 » by clyde21 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:02 pm

EMG518 wrote:

You cant be the only one, he is projected to go 4th in the draft. I think everyone sees the same thing with him, size/athleticism the question but everything else looks right.

how is athleticism even a question w. Garland? not everything is about jumping high. Garland is one of the twitchiest athletes to come out in the last few drafts.

Return to NBA Draft