Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Kevin Porter Jr 

Post#42 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:50 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:huge talent, 2 cent brain

Are you talking about yourself? Because Porter’s father is an assistant coach. I’m sure it’s not black and white. He’s a smart kid.

lol broski, ur pretty condescending for such a trash poster who's perpetually wrong.

and while i am a huge talent and one could argue I have a 2 cent brain, I'm talking about KPJ.

Read on Twitter

his team is down 2 at the end of the game, dude completely ignores his coaching wanting him to call a TO and instead decides to drive 1v4. yea, sorry, not seeing the 'smart' part.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#43 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm

clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Are you talking about yourself? Because Porter’s father is an assistant coach. I’m sure it’s not black and white. He’s a smart kid.

lol broski, ur pretty condescending for such a trash poster who's perpetually wrong.

and while i am a huge talent and one could argue I have a 2 cent brain, I'm talking about KPJ.

Read on Twitter

his team is down 2 at the end of the game, dude completely ignores his coaching wanting him to call a TO and instead decides to drive 1v4. yea, sorry, not seeing the 'smart' part.

That’s making a wrong choice, not stupidity. I only try to be condescending to you because you tend to be so wrong and then people agree with you when it’s just not right. And then this was just rude, calling a player stupid who you just don’t like. And then you’re making it personal by going after me. Great job.

I’m actually glad you tried to back up your take with evidence though, good for you, you’re learning.

If you want credibility be specific with what you mean. What specifically about King makes you think he’s that good? You’re just declaring he’s a lottery without evidence. I don’t even talk to be with a solid argument.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#44 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Read on Twitter

That’s making a wrong choice, not stupidity. I only try to be condescending to you because you tend to be so wrong and then people agree with you when it’s just not right. And then this was just rude, calling a player stupid who you just don’t like. And then you’re making it personal by going after me. Great job.

I’m actually glad you tried to back up your take with evidence though, good for you, you’re learning.

If you want credibility be specific with what you mean. What specifically about King makes you think he’s that good? You’re just declaring he’s a lottery without evidence.

no, purposely ignoring your coach during a potentially game winning situation in overtime and then completely ignoring your teammates and instead deciding to drive 1v4 is the epitome of stupid.

and if you're going to keep hurling insults, i suggest putting me back on your ignore list. id rather not deal with your drunken garbage posts anyways.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Read on Twitter

If you want credibility be specific with what you mean. What specifically about King makes you think he’s that good? You’re just declaring he’s a lottery without evidence.

no, purposely ignoring your coach during a potentially game winning situation in overtime and then completely ignoring your teammates and instead deciding to drive 1v4 is the epitome of stupid.

and if you're going to keep hurling insults, i suggest putting me back on your ignore list. id rather not deal with your drunken garbage posts anyways.

He wasn’t even looking anywhere near the sideline. His head was turned completely away and if he would have made the basket it wouldn’t have been a big deal.

As long as you have posts where you don’t explain your hot takes, I’m going to respond. We already have a President that does the stuff you’re doing and I’m not down with that. If you have a solid arguement I won’t even respond, I usually don’t when anyone makes a good arguement.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#46 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

He wasn’t even looking anywhere near the sideline. His head was turned completely away and if he would have made the basket it wouldn’t have been a big deal.

As long as you have posts where you don’t explain your hot takes, I’m going to respond. We already have a President that does the stuff you’re doing and I’m not down with that. If you have a solid arguement I won’t even respond, I usually don’t when anyone makes a good arguement.

i dont need to give an in depth analysis for every thought I have about a prospect. you're more than welcome to ask if you want more than just a sentence.

and again, you're quite condescending for a such trash poster who thought Shai has a 7'4 wingspan. :lol:
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:16 pm

clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

i dont need to give an in depth analysis for every thought I have about a prospect. you're more than welcome to ask if you want more than just a sentence.

and again, you're quite condescending for a such trash poster who thought Shai has a 7'4 wingspan. :lol:

Go make yourself a Twitter account. By the way, you’re laughing because I couldn’t remember his wingspan off the top of my head, that’s petty.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#48 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Go make yourself a Twitter account. By the way, you’re laughing because I couldn’t remember his wingspan off the top of my head, that’s petty.

I have a Twitter account that is a good follow, FYI.

Anyways, I hope KP comes back sooner rather than later. If he's not going to, or if USC is going to hold him out for an extended period of time, I hope KP leaves USC and focuses on himself - working out, getting fully healthy, watching film, working on game, etc. He owes USC (and the NCAA) nothing.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

if you didn't remember it off your head you didn't have to post in such a condescending way. it's pretty simple how that works.

and yes, Kevin Porter has a 2-cent brain. i've given my case, you're more than welcome to actually prove yours.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#50 » by 916fan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm

clyde21 wrote:
if you didn't remember it off your head you didn't have to post in such a condescending way. it's pretty simple how that works.

and yes, Kevin Porter has a 2-cent brain. i've given my case, you're more than welcome to actually prove yours.

Well saying he has a 2-cent brain off of one clip is a bit much. Doesn't really contribute much to the conversation.

I'm going wait and see about this suspension though. Not a good look
clyde21
RealGM

Post#51 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm

916fan wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Well saying he has a 2-cent brain off of one clip is a bit much. Doesn't really contribute much to the conversation.

I'm going wait and see about this suspension though. Not a good look

it's not like i made a thread about the clip saying he has a 2-cent brain. this is literally being posted in a thread about how he's been suspended for conduct detrimental.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#52 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:50 am

Does anyone have the story on his indefinite suspension? That OT timeout can’t be the whole reason.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#53 » by Catchall » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:52 am

Is this guy draftable? Cuz Mitchell needs a wingman.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
clyde21
RealGM

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:12 am

Catchall wrote:Is this guy draftable? Cuz Mitchell needs a wingman.

of course he's draftable...lotto talent but questionable character
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,915

Post#55 » by tundraknight » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:06 am

Damn I didn’t know his father was shot and killed..
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#56 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:51 am

So KPJ is on the block after 1 solid season in the NBA. no trade yet so maybe he will be cut outright. Pretty said for him.
Hope he can find a nice spot somewhere that doesnt mind a kid with a little attitude. Prefer CLE to find a trade though obviously
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#57 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:57 am

clyde21 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Read on Twitter

This aged well. Clyde and others we're 100% right. DoorDoor123 hold this

L
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#58 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 am

Stillwater wrote:So KPJ is on the block after 1 solid season in the NBA. no trade yet so maybe he will be cut outright. Pretty said for him.
Hope he can find a nice spot somewhere that doesnt mind a kid with a little attitude. Prefer CLE to find a trade though obviously

His maturity and attitude red flags we're 100% real. The talent is still there though, he balled out for Clevland last year.
NBADraft.net's Ben Parker wrote, "Talking to NBA scouts regarding Porter, there are a lot of off court concerns surrounding maturity and decision making."

ESPN.com's Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz explained Porter's on-court problems:

"Erratic decision-maker. Settles for contested pull-ups rather than using his physical gifts to get to the rim. Jump shots made up 73.6% of his field goal attempts. Not always efficient with his dribble. Misses open teammates in transition and in the half-court. Finished the season with 30 assists and 39 turnovers. Needs to develop his feel, as he's most useful with the ball in his hands."

Porter was also suspended by the USC Trojans for "conduct issues," per Brady McCollough of the Los Angeles Times.

That's a combination that should make teams cautious before squandering a lottery pick. It not only indicates a lack of discretion on the court, but the reported maturity issues should also give teams further reason for trepidation.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#59 » by King Ken » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:44 pm

I told ya'll, he's mentally not ready to be a professional regardless of his abilities
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#60 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:43 pm

These stories are blown out of proportion though...hes just a kid who was mad about something stupid and the adult world cant handle the level of violence he is used too when things go wrong for him.
Hes probably insecure given his circumstances which is why he should be given a pass on this but wont be.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft