Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Re: Coby White 

Post#101 » by GameBredAPBT » Fri Mar 6, 2020 12:36 am

clyde21 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:
clyde21 wrote:that would be an awkward trade anyways because you'd at least be trading away Lavine, Carter, Lauri and maybe the pick (Philly would probably ask for the top 7 pick or Coby on top as well)...so you'd get Ben and pair him with who exactly?

in that case, I'd rather find another take for Lavine and build around Coby, Carter, Lauri and another top 7 pick. maybe they can add Deni to that core and take it from there.

I personally want WCJ gone, he’s not good & I don’t think he’ll ever be a star.

If we were to consider the trading LaVine (and possibly WCJ) to Sacramento, what would you accept from them if you were Chicago?

already out on WC?

I never wanted him, I wanted them to draft SGA

Carter is slow, unathletic, poor/brittle hands, can’t shoot, mediocre passer, way more raw offensively than was advertised, has a bad attitude (already making public comments about how he should be starting PF next yr ~ translation: get markkanen outta here), and on top of all of that, he’s fat & never plays. He’s always injured. I want him gone, let another team develop him. I’d rather keep Gafford, the Bulls need aggressive go getters & athletes to run with Zach & Cobi

I’d say goodbye to Markkanen also, not because I don’t like him, but because he needs to play for a healthier team with a sophisticated, established offensive system. Chicago can’t cater to him like he needs them to, not right now anyways. However, I’d rather keep Markkanen than WCJ, no question

So if you were Chicago & Sacramento wanted Zach, what would you want in return from them?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#102 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 6:38 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:

If we were to consider the trading LaVine (and possibly WCJ) to Sacramento, what would you accept from them if you were Chicago?

already out on WC?

Carter is slow, unathletic, poor/brittle hands, can’t shoot, mediocre passer, way more raw offensively than was advertised, has a bad attitude (already making public comments about how he should be starting PF next yr ~ translation: get markkanen outta here), and on top of all of that, he’s fat & never plays. He’s always injured. I want him gone, let another team develop him. I’d rather keep Gafford, the Bulls need aggressive go getters & athletes to run with Zach & Cobi

I’d say goodbye to Markkanen also, not because I don’t like him, but because he needs to play for a healthier team with a sophisticated, established offensive system. Chicago can’t cater to him like he needs them to, not right now anyways. However, I’d rather keep Markkanen than WCJ, no question

So if you were Chicago & Sacramento wanted Zach, what would you want in return from them?

i'm not a huge Lavine guy tbh, so I might not be the person to ask, but maybe something like Bogdan, Joseph and a 2nd would get it done for me
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#103 » by GameBredAPBT » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:20 am

clyde21 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
already out on WC?

i'm not a huge Lavine guy tbh, so I might not be the person to ask, but maybe something like Bogdan, Joseph and a 2nd would get it done for me

But the Kings *are* big Lavine guys & are likely even bigger lavine guys after he’s shown out this season. So, pretending you’re the kings & you want to trade for an SG that you’re extremely high on, what would you part with?
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#104 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Mar 6, 2020 6:10 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:

already out on WC?

I thought he was gonna be developed into more of a modern C ala Al Horford. Thought he and Lauri would fit well together.

I don't follow the Bulls closely enough to know about the other stuff you mentioned.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#105 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 6, 2020 10:55 pm

Lavine's gotten a lot bigger since his UCLA days. He was weak and skinny when he entered the NBA. Now, he's one of the bigger and stronger 2's in the game. Saw him a couple times recently against the Wiz - Beal couldn't begin to defend him on the perimeter - Lavine easily shot over the top of him whenever he wanted. He's getting better every year, and I expect that will continue.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#106 » by GimmeDat » Fri Mar 6, 2020 11:43 pm

Fwiw, I'm 100% in on WCJ, he has the best net rating on the team, been an excellent defender since day 1. Been mis/under-utilized offensively, hasn't been healthy enough to get into much rhythm, and shot/shot confidence isn't quite there yet.

Lavine I like a lot as well. He's been having to do it all while the majority of our team has been out injured. I think on a top tier team he's ideally more of a #2 option where he plays off-ball more, but he's a brilliant shooter/scorer. People haven't realized how he's improved the last few seasons.

Not sure where I'm at on Lauri, did consider him a core piece but this season has been a disaster for him, and I can't tell how much is him and how much is coaching/team. He's limited defensively and isn't much of a passer, but he *can* be a lethal complimentary scorer. He hasn't looked like himself when he has played and obviously he's been out injured for a long period of time. I don't see any fit issues with WCJ.

Otto makes a huge difference when he's healthy, but he hasn't been healthy at all this season, barely played, and of course that's concerning given how lengthy his injury history is.

Shoutout to Kris Dunn as well, was really making an impact before he got injured for the season, slid in to that Smart role handily. Defense was awesome. Still can't shoot though and that hurt us offensively.

Hutch was finally coming on before he got injured. 3 ball has to keep improving but he started to live up to his ability to slash at a high level and get to the line.

Gafford has also been really handy for a rook as well. Brought exactly what you'd expected, nothing more nothing less, but at a high level.

Valentine's been absolutely messed around as well, he's a handy rotation player, shoots at a high level, makes great reads as a passer.

IMO, we actually have a solid squad when healthy. Needs more pieces, but we're not as bad as our record suggests, we've just had soooo many injuries. We also have THE worst coach in the league, he needs to be outed asap.

I feel like for the sake of all our guys, we just need quality PG play. Sato made sense in many respects but he just doesn't make enough stuff happen. (on this note, Thad has also been garbage for a good majority of the season, our FA pickups were pretty underwhelming).

I would love a Hayes/Haliburton/Ball addition (Anthony/Lewis Jr obviously also in that discussion but the aforementioned ones are a bit more on the playmaking side). Some high level decision making and creation to open up better looks and feed guys like Lauri/Otto/WCJ, and move Lavine out of a full-time initiator role.

Hayes / Sato
Lavine / White
Porter / Hutchison
Markkanen / Young
Carter / Gafford / Kornet

I think that's a playoff team in the East next year. Might need some more shooting on the bench but otherwise feels pretty balanced to me. Like that White/Sato dynamic where White gets to be the main creator in that group.

Anyway. That's my 2 cents on our situation.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#107 » by clyde21 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:32 am

Coby looks like the best talent in the group to me
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#108 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:48 am

Despite the 9 TOs, I thought he looked great in his first start. Looked like a star PG in the making. Had 20/5/5, was finding the bigs on rolls & with bounce passes on cuts (they just weren’t catching them because Bulls bigs have the worst hands ever, but Cobys timing & placement was on point. If it were Giannis or Embiid, he’d have had 10 dimes)

I was also impressed with his defense on Sexton, who’s been playing lights out lately. He never let him get going & Sexton was clearly frustrated

Nerves got to him, it being his first start, and in the Madhouse, no less, of all the places to have your first start as the primary ball handler in the NBA, but he looked like a real leader out there. I dunno what his potential is, but I’m excited. He is already one of the fastest people in the league, and his handles seem to be improving from game to game
clyde21
RealGM

Post#109 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 am

Coby last 9 games: 26/4/5 on 48/43/90
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#110 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm

clyde21 wrote:Coby last 9 games: 26/4/5 on 48/43/90

Honestly, I thought Coby was going to be too inconsistent to be a very good NBA player. He's proving me wrong in his rookie year. And he's a more mature player than I thought. It's hard not to root for him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NBA Draft