Kentucky prospects (Johnson, Hagans, Washington, Herro...)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Re: Kentucky prospects (Johnson, Hagans, Washington, Herro...) 

Post#201 » by RipCity71252 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:52 am

clyde21 wrote:where do people rank PJ, Herro and Keldon vs. Knox, Shai and Vanderbilt from last year as prospects?

Herro
Shai

Keldon
PJ
Knox

View Herro and Shai as valuable rotation / starter in right context types. Can bring positive value on good teams

Keldon, PJ and Knox are all fringe rotation types for me. All project as neither one-way stars or solid positives on both ends and struggle to bring value on good teams.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#202 » by PLO » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 am

I had Shai top 6 going into the draft last season so he would have to be number one for me. Obviously I'd have Herro at the bottom of the pile.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#203 » by 916fan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:30 am

For me it's SGA, Knox, PJ, Herro, then Johnson. Admittedly, I still don't know what to make out of PJ. He's a tweener forward with a vastly improved jumpshot, but I don't think it's as good as his 3pt % indicates. However, I see some Thaddeus Young in him. With Herro, I think he's a 1st round pick, but he's easily the most likely to bust out of these guys. He has a poor physical frame and he's a bad athlete. I'm really not sure if his offense will translate over to the NBA at all let alone his defense. However, his shooting ability+youth+IQ makes him an interesting prospect. Keldon doesn't really stand out anywhere. 3&D potential, but like Herro, he lacks the athleticism you're looking for in a wing.

SGA and Knox both showed some shooting touch and great athleticism. SGA was also really skilled while Knox flashed a lot.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#204 » by shakes0 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:56 pm

PJ Washington in a walking boot and getting an MRI. They say it is all precautionary, but I'd wait for more info before filling out those brackets.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#205 » by doordoor123 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 pm

shakes0 wrote:PJ Washington in a walking boot and getting an MRI. They say it is all precautionary, but I'd wait for more info before filling out those brackets.

Oof
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#206 » by clyde21 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:22 pm

shakes0 wrote:PJ Washington in a walking boot and getting an MRI. They say it is all precautionary, but I'd wait for more info before filling out those brackets.

word is it's just for precautionary reasons but we'll see
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#207 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:15 am

clyde21 wrote:

word is it's just for precautionary reasons but we'll see
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#208 » by DirtyDez » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:08 am

Any chance Herro or Johnson come back and would Maxey or Whitney start over either?
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Post#209 » by Upperclass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 am

Is Quigley any good or more likely to transfer?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#210 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:39 am

DirtyDez wrote:Any chance Herro or Johnson come back and would Maxey or Whitney start over either?

I doubt either come back considering they're first round locks but who knows
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#211 » by Justwar » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:35 am

Maxey is playing pg but hypothetically if he's a sg I'd take a soph herro. If keldon came back it'd be a push with whitney. Not used to talented players returning though
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Re: Kentucky prospects (Johnson, Quickley, Washington, Montgomery...) 

Post#212 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:36 pm

This post will not age well.
Fischella wrote:Seriously man, I have been watching PJ since HS, followed the guy intensely last year and have watched him this year too, you don't need to link me to his game against North Dakota, I can watch any of his clips anytime on synergy

He is close to a non prospect, with his tools and skillset he needs a type of motor and intelligence that he just doesnt have, somebody is going to draft him because he is toolsy, but the guy is a dud

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
clyde21
RealGM

Post#213 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:56 pm

i think Fisch ended up coming around on PJ at the end of the year

this one tho...

EvanZ wrote:I don't really get whatever hype there is for Herro. Maybe if you squint he's Joe Harris one day?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#214 » by No-Man » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 pm

I had PJ like top10 in my board and not just by the end, since the spring at least, PJ was dreadful as a frosh and it took me a while to come around him as a sophmore
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#215 » by EvanZ » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:27 pm

clyde21 wrote:i think Fisch ended up coming around on PJ at the end of the year

this one tho...

EvanZ wrote:I don't really get whatever hype there is for Herro. Maybe if you squint he's Joe Harris one day?

That was a pretty early quote for me, and I definitely wasn't as high on him as others. I ended up having him 23 on my board.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#216 » by theGreatRC » Sat Nov 2, 2019 4:53 am

What I learned from this thread: Clyde had some really solid takes on PJ and Herro on page 1
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
clyde21
RealGM

Post#217 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:53 am

Herro/PJ look really good

still waiting on Keldon to get some minutes
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#218 » by PLO » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 am

John Hollinger high (relative to the draft) on Hagans. Not too early for me to say I was wrong on Herro, even though he will always struggle against good D. Great pickup for Miami overall however. Props to Fis and Clyde, Fis especially who was well overs everyone on Herro.

Credit where it is due. Respect to Fis and Clyde. :clap:
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
LSandersBong
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#219 » by LSandersBong » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

lol eating crow on herro mistook him as just a marksman,shooter rather then an overall scorer, thought his wingspan would limit his defense to much . I remember Clyde hyping him up, I thought it was a wild take haha internet high 5 !

PJ , I always liked but had no idea he would be the Hornets 2nd best player from day 1.

I thought eventually Keldon would be the best Kentucky player from this draft, feel I'm definitely wrong on that take lol, all though he hasn't had to much burn so hoping he can eventually be a contributing player for the Spurs.

Don't really love the Kentucky players this year as prospects, Maxeys the only one at this stage who I think is a first rounder , I think hes so overrated see so many mocks where hes top 10-5, hes a shooter who's percents are bad and he is super hot cold. I do like Hagans as a first point guard of the bench though and maybe Nick Richards could be an energy big of the bench but that's it really.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#220 » by mattg » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 am

PLO wrote:John Hollinger high (relative to the draft) on Hagans. Not too early for me to say I was wrong on Herro, even though he will always struggle against good D. Great pickup for Miami overall however. Props to Fis and Clyde, Fis especially who was well overs everyone on Herro.

Credit where it is due. Respect to Fis and Clyde. :clap:

I refuse to be forgotten here as no one had remotely as many actual explanatory posts of why Herro was going to be good than me. Clyde was like my video coordinator and Fischella the mock draft and big board guy.

Return to NBA Draft