Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: KZ Okpala 

Post#61 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:54 am

Najee12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:He's plenty big enough to defend the 3 at 6'8" with 7'2" ws.
but he is a 2 guard.

I was referring to KP Okpala's size when I referred to "not big enough," not his height. He's a skinny 6-foot-8 and needs to add some muscle to hang with NBA wings and forwards.

maybe a little weaker than desired as is, but he has the build to add weight etc. Either way his length will allow him to switch onto big 3's with ease even now. I don't see it being an issue for him. The funny thing is how much of big time scorer he was before College which in some ways had to do with just that finishing in traffic etc in college,but you can see on his tape he is already much stronger than 2 yrs ago.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

K.Z. Okpala's NBA future 

Post#62 » by Najee12 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:08 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Najee12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:He's plenty big enough to defend the 3 at 6'8" with 7'2" ws.
but he is a 2 guard.

I was referring to K.Z Okpala's size when I referred to "not big enough," not his height. He's a skinny 6-foot-8 and needs to add some muscle to hang with NBA wings and forwards.

maybe a little weaker than desired as is, but he has the build to add weight etc. Either way his length will allow him to switch onto big 3's with ease even now. I don't see it being an issue for him. The funny thing is how much of big time scorer he was before College which in some ways had to do with just that finishing in traffic etc in college,but you can see on his tape he is already much stronger than 2 yrs ago.

I agree with you for the most part; the size issue is something that K.Z. Okpala can address easily with time and development.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,226

Re: Kezie Okpala 

Post#63 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:24 pm

Coeur wrote:Most underrated prospect in this draft right now. 4-10

Was this an April Fool's joke? :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#64 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:13 pm

EvanZ wrote:

He is somewhat underrated for boards putting him late first as opposed to post lottery 15-20.
But he not without flaws just like most of the players available in the 10+ range so he could theoretically go as high as 10 but not likely being a soph. in the same boat as several others in the freshman class who also only really have higher value due to a plethora of untapped upside.
I think players in the upper class' that are closer to their upside which he projects to eventually attain will go before him
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,899

Post#65 » by MotownMadness » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:33 pm

Stillwater wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

He is somewhat underrated for boards putting him late first as opposed to post lottery 15-20.
But he not without flaws just like most of the players available in the 10+ range so he could theoretically go as high as 10 but not likely being a soph. in the same boat as several others in the freshman class who also only really have higher value due to a plethora of untapped upside.
I think players in the upper class' that are closer to their upside which he projects to eventually attain will go before him

I think Pistons are gonna have to go best wing available this year and should have interest in him.
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#66 » by oligo » Thu Apr 4, 2019 8:27 pm

Damn, that boy dropped like hell in the last couple of months.
#FireVlade
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#67 » by Coeur » Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:26 pm

oligo wrote:Damn, that boy dropped like hell in the last couple of months.

He was hurt and Stanford was terrible.

The questions on his size are odd. Yes he has to gain weight. But he has a HUGE frame.

I want to see him in a good situation so maybe I hope most here are right that he goes later. I could see the Kings being thrilled if he was around at 14 but I guess I hope he lucks into a Denver Nuggets type situation
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#68 » by oligo » Fri Apr 5, 2019 12:11 pm

Coeur wrote:
oligo wrote:Damn, that boy dropped like hell in the last couple of months.

He was hurt and Stanford was terrible.

The questions on his size are odd. Yes he has to gain weight. But he has a HUGE frame.

I want to see him in a good situation so maybe I hope most here are right that he goes later. I could see the Kings being thrilled if he was around at 14 but I guess I hope he lucks into a Denver Nuggets type situation

Hey, yes I agree with you. I didn't mean he dropped by potential, but he went on a HUGE slump on various big boards:

- He's 45th on March 2019 BleacherReport: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825046-2019-nba-draft-big-board-ranking-the-top-75-players-in-this-years-class#slide0

- He's 26th on March 2019 Forbes board: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2019/03/21/2019-nba-draft-big-board-top-50-overall/#1835e1015337

- but... he's 14th on NBADraft.net rankings which was updated just an hour ago: https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

If the price is right, that guy might be an absolute steal of the draft.
#FireVlade
Barnsey
Junior
And1: 88

Post#69 » by Barnsey » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:08 am

He has really good footwork. I haven't seen anyone mention his footwork yet but it might be his most impressive skill.

Not sure where the athleticism concerns come from, to me he has very good functional athleticism. He's efficient with his movements and covers ground quickly. Seems like he has good spatial awareness to go with his smooth body control. Players with that kind of fluidity tend to develop quicker than others because the foundation their athletic technique is already great, so adding moves is easier. To me KZ is one of the most fluid athletes in the draft.

I wonder what his IQ and work ethic is like...
Twitter: @Barnsketball
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,216

Post#70 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 am

Barnsey wrote:He has really good footwork. I haven't seen anyone mention his footwork yet but it might be his most impressive skill.

Not sure where the athleticism concerns come from, to me he has very good functional athleticism. He's efficient with his movements and covers ground quickly. Seems like he has good spatial awareness to go with his smooth body control. Players with that kind of fluidity tend to develop quicker than others because the foundation their athletic technique is already great, so adding moves is easier. To me KZ is one of the most fluid athletes in the draft.

I wonder what his IQ and work ethic is like...

BBIQ needs more development...is slow to read+react in team/help defense a lot of times and offensively he needs to see the open guy a lot quicker when he's inside-out passing, although he's improve passing out of the double teams this year.

Return to NBA Draft