Mfiondu Kabengele

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Admittedly not on my radar until yesterday's game against Duke. But this guy seems like an NBA player. Doesn't hurt he's the nephew of Dikembe Mutombo.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#2 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm surprised nobody has an opinion on this guy? Even if you hate him, speak up!
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:37 am

Guys. Come on.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,193
And1: 4,776
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#4 » by King Ken » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 am

Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 am

King Ken wrote:Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.


It’s beyond ridiculous that he’s coming off the bench at this point.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,193
And1: 4,776
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#6 » by King Ken » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 am

EvanZ wrote:
King Ken wrote:Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.


It’s beyond ridiculous that he’s coming off the bench at this point.

Most people who watch them love telling me he is their best prospect. I barely watch them. How's M.J. Walker doing?
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm

King Ken wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
King Ken wrote:Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.


It’s beyond ridiculous that he’s coming off the bench at this point.

Most people who watch them love telling me he is their best prospect. I barely watch them. How's M.J. Walker doing?


He doesn’t pop at all to my eyes.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,275
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Kab definitely an NBA player. menace on the boards and jumps well off two feet with a the requisite physical profile for the NBA.

he's been a monster in conference play so far, too. easily the best prospect on the Seminoles (Mann, Walker and Koumadje are non-prospects to me).
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#9 » by EvanZ » Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:35 pm

Another big game 16 points and 4 blocks. Again coming off the bench.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,275
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:52 pm

he's picked up strong in conference play, block and rebounding rates both up and they were strong even before. his timing around the rim is elite.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,523
And1: 2,622
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:22 pm

remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
mojo13
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,797
And1: 1,337
Joined: Mar 25, 2014
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#12 » by mojo13 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:27 pm

Stillwater wrote:remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.


Agreed. So Why is this guy so under the radar? You’d think he be on a number of boards and mocks by this point. Can no one spell his name?
User avatar
EvanZ
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 1,242
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#13 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:52 pm

mojo13 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.


Agreed. So Why is this guy so under the radar? You’d think he be on a number of boards and mocks by this point. Can no one spell his name?


For starters, he's not starting. Hamilton is an idiot. I think his best players are coming off the bench. :banghead:

It's weird because you'd think someone who is the nephew of Dikembe would be more hyped. :lol:

At any rate, plenty of people I talk to are aware of Kabengele and I'm sure NBA teams have taken notice.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,523
And1: 2,622
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:01 pm

EvanZ wrote:
mojo13 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.


Agreed. So Why is this guy so under the radar? You’d think he be on a number of boards and mocks by this point. Can no one spell his name?


For starters, he's not starting. Hamilton is an idiot. I think his best players are coming off the bench. :banghead:

It's weird because you'd think someone who is the nephew of Dikembe would be more hyped. :lol:

At any rate, plenty of people I talk to are aware of Kabengele and I'm sure NBA teams have taken notice.

I guarantee he is right there in the late first conversation on most playoff teams boards/
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
CP War Hawks
Rookie
Posts: 1,062
And1: 450
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#15 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:36 pm

Supposedly sports a 7-5 wingspan. If true, his reach should be north of 9-0. Seems like a player Boston can afford to gamble with one of those later 1sts.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,386
And1: 1,087
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:34 pm

He’s a beast, honestly think he has the physical ability to be a lottery pick in this draft. His upside is as high as anyone in this draft. I think he’ll dominate in the NBA with more running, more space in the paint and NBA point guards getting him the ball. I think his efficiency will be much higher in the NBA and his defensive rebounding will go up. The way he moves and displays his power for his size is incredible, it’s better than Clint Capela.
kobyz
Senior
Posts: 565
And1: 121
Joined: Oct 31, 2006

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#17 » by kobyz » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:07 am

Seems similar as a prospect to JJJ
MemphisX
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,482
And1: 1,282
Joined: Nov 10, 2011

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#18 » by MemphisX » Thu Mar 7, 2019 10:17 am

If and when he declares, he will be a lottery pick. Another one of the reasons I think this draft is presently way underrated.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,261
And1: 16,005
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#19 » by GimmeDat » Thu Mar 7, 2019 10:25 am

Just looked at him then. Stats seem to tick almost every box you can hope for - finishing, boards, block/steal rates, solid projectable shooting stats, FTr. From the clips i watched he looks really strongly built but moves well. Chances he declares?
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,275
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:21 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Just looked at him then. Stats seem to tick almost every box you can hope for - finishing, boards, block/steal rates, solid projectable shooting stats, FTr. From the clips i watched he looks really strongly built but moves well. Chances he declares?


he should be in and I think he is. he's coming off the bench right now from Florida St. for some inexplicable reason. he's for sure a first round guy.

either way...his timing and wingspan is elite and is an effortless mover for his size, can defend up to 23 feet, can switch, can run the court...and like someone else mentioned earlier he's only going to look better in the NBA with more transition ops

the 39% from 3 in conference play has been icing on the cake too.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro

Return to NBA Draft