Justin Robinson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

EvanZ
Head Coach
And1: 1,231

Justin Robinson 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:21 pm

Decided this morning this kid *is* an NBA player. He's going to get a two-way deal somewhere next summer. He's a Rick Carlisle special.

Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Re: Justin Robinson 

Post#2 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:52 pm

I’m a bigger fan of Ahmed Hill. I’ve been a big fan of his for a while. I would be surprised if he isn’t a long time NBA player. He may not have a super high steal rate, but he has an acceptable rate and the eye-test says he’s a much better defender than his numbers show. Also has good size and a super confident shot. He’s also athletic, runs the floor on offense, shoots in transition, runs back on defense. He’s already a modern NBA player. It would be a mistake for him to go Undrafted. His value will be that of a 1st rounder when he’s in the NBA. He’s an ideal Roleplayer right now. Not as flashy or score-heavy as Robinson, but an undersized point guard who can create off the dribble isn’t really that valuable. If he makes it on a team and Jordan McLaughlin didn’t make a team last year I would think it would be a bad pick.
EvanZ
Head Coach
And1: 1,231

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I’m a bigger fan of Ahmed Hill. I’ve been a big fan of his for a while. I would be surprised if he isn’t a long time NBA player. He may not have a super high steal rate, but he has an acceptable rate and the eye-test says he’s a much better defender than his numbers show. Also has good size and a super confident shot. He’s also athletic, runs the floor on offense, shoots in transition, runs back on defense. He’s already a modern NBA player. It would be a mistake for him to go Undrafted. His value will be that of a 1st rounder when he’s in the NBA. He’s an ideal Roleplayer right now. Not as flashy or score-heavy as Robinson, but an undersized point guard who can create off the dribble isn’t really that valuable. If he makes it on a team and Jordan McLaughlin didn’t make a team last year I would think it would be a bad pick.

FWIW Hill is 1.5 years older than JRob.
Catapolt.co
Make polls great again.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#4 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:23 am

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:I’m a bigger fan of Ahmed Hill. I’ve been a big fan of his for a while. I would be surprised if he isn’t a long time NBA player. He may not have a super high steal rate, but he has an acceptable rate and the eye-test says he’s a much better defender than his numbers show. Also has good size and a super confident shot. He’s also athletic, runs the floor on offense, shoots in transition, runs back on defense. He’s already a modern NBA player. It would be a mistake for him to go Undrafted. His value will be that of a 1st rounder when he’s in the NBA. He’s an ideal Roleplayer right now. Not as flashy or score-heavy as Robinson, but an undersized point guard who can create off the dribble isn’t really that valuable. If he makes it on a team and Jordan McLaughlin didn’t make a team last year I would think it would be a bad pick.

FWIW Hill is 1.5 years older than JRob.

In this case it doesn’t matter. They both are what they’re going to be. The only difference is the ability to translate to the NBA game and Hill has a much better chance translating IMO.

Return to NBA Draft